[Q] LG Optimus E973 Screen crack and loss of some functionality

Search This thread

Unknown_00000001

Feb 22, 2013
Hello all,

This is my Lg Optimus G with a screen crack in the upper left corner of the device. I'm not completely sure how it happened, jean pocket and such. Anyways, along with the crack I also have lost the capacitive buttons and the lower half of the touch-screen.

I took it to my provider and inquired about the warranty, who said "the crack on the screen will make my warranty void". I got this phone on Jan 4 and I'm quite disappointed with their lack of customer service.

I'm now posting this on here trying to figure out my options and what exactly is wrong with my phone. Taking a guess that the lcd is damaged with the loss of the capacitives and the bottom half of the touch screen. Maybe even an estimate on what it'll cost.

Thanks

The photo strangely looks a little rough, there is i little bit of tissue paper from wipe down. It's not additional damage I can assure you.
Here's a picture:

Attachments

• S73R0557.jpg
    S73R0557.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 568

vpetkar

Dec 2, 2012
Mississauga, ON
It will cost around $130-200 to replace. This phone, like most other ones released in Q4 2012 have a fused screen. Which means that the LCD and digitizer (the thing that registers touches) is all chemically bound. What this means is that you will have to replace the whole assembly.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Unknown_00000001

falconuns

Jul 13, 2012
omsk
i have the same problem. But i have not working touch screen in bottom right corner! )) i think it is a first set of lg optimus g. ))

WarEagleUS

Mar 8, 2013
Hello all,

This is my Lg Optimus G with a screen crack in the upper left corner of the device. I'm not completely sure how it happened, jean pocket and such. Anyways, along with the crack I also have lost the capacitive buttons and the lower half of the touch-screen.

I took it to my provider and inquired about the warranty, who said "the crack on the screen will make my warranty void". I got this phone on Jan 4 and I'm quite disappointed with their lack of customer service.

I'm now posting this on here trying to figure out my options and what exactly is wrong with my phone. Taking a guess that the lcd is damaged with the loss of the capacitives and the bottom half of the touch screen. Maybe even an estimate on what it'll cost.

Thanks

The photo strangely looks a little rough, there is i little bit of tissue paper from wipe down. It's not additional damage I can assure you.
Here's a picture:

On the AT&T version this price would be correct. However if you could live with the cracked glass (and proficient with a heatgun or blowdryer with good wattage) you could separate the digitize r and glass and replace the digitize r and hopefully good to go. If you can't a whole replacement is cheaper for the Sprint Version than the AT&T version.

http://www.spareslg.com/lcd-e-touch-lg-maximo-g-e975-acq86366901.html

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It will cost around $130-200 to replace. This phone, like most other ones released in Q4 2012 have a fused screen. Which means that the LCD and digitizer (the thing that registers touches) is all chemically bound. What this means is that you will have to replace the whole assembly.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app