Kingo Root

Search This thread

iteam

Jul 21, 2008
BOSTON
So are you saying if I use this method that if there is an OTA update....I will be unable to get the update?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using xda app-developers app

Well as far as I know whenever you are rooted, nevermind custom recoveries or custom roms, you will not be able to complete an official update.... that's why with our locked bootloader and no custom recoveries to nandroid with I am holding off...

Read this too:
http://omegadroid.co/wanted-knox-void-warranty-0x1/

Reactions: rawhide85

lyall29

Apr 4, 2011
Arkadelphia, AR
You should be able to run the Odin oneclickbin.exe from the Root de la vega thread to return to stock and then be able to update just fine. I rooted my phone using root de la vega, then unrooted and the status changed back to official. So that should be all it takes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

iteam

Jul 21, 2008
BOSTON
You should be able to run the Odin oneclickbin.exe from the Root de la vega thread to return to stock and then be able to update just fine. I rooted my phone using root de la vega, then unrooted and the status changed back to official. So that should be all it takes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Correct, but you can't be rooted to receive an OTA... also when you use that method you completely wipe your phone.. just to be clear

mrkhigh

Dec 6, 2012
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 3
The website boasts removable root anyone care to try however they claim removing the root to see if it goes back to official?

I apologize for the lack of effort on my part but I don't own this device yet... Wife is getting it for Christmas so I'm just in research mode now... Of course it'll be my luck the next roll out will be out and all will be new again by then.

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

b0Ne83

Oct 12, 2010
Does anyone have any info if you're on the "next plan" and root the device on what happens when your turn the device in? I bet att will try and charge your for the device or something along those lines.... just a thought.

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
Hey Bone if this helps im on the next plan was having issues with my Note 2days after I got it. I took it in and within 5mins they gave me a new one didnt ask any questions didnt take it to service department just asked what problem was..(battery issue) they didnt even turn the phone on.

Droga

Nov 18, 2008
Isabela
Hey Bone if this helps im on the next plan was having issues with my Note 2days after I got it. I took it in and within 5mins they gave me a new one didnt ask any questions didnt take it to service department just asked what problem was..(battery issue) they didnt even turn the phone on.

Same here. The bottom of the screen by the stylus broke 2 days after getting the phone, I went to the store and 30 minutes later I had a brand new GN3.

Mordak

Nov 9, 2008
Orange, MA
www.bikergeek.org
I can verify it worked without wiping, Knox counter still reads 0x0. :good:

Thanks to all those that brought it to us. And I bought SuperSU Pro from the Play Store atferwards. :laugh:

hawk915402

Jul 17, 2007
Brooklyn
The website boasts removable root anyone care to try however they claim removing the root to see if it goes back to official?

I apologize for the lack of effort on my part but I don't own this device yet... Wife is getting it for Christmas so I'm just in research mode now... Of course it'll be my luck the next roll out will be out and all will be new again by then.

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

I lost my root by mistake....my sim unlock stuck. About to root with kingo.

manny18pr

Sep 12, 2011
Google Pixel 7
I will be getting my N3 this week! I cant wait to finally root it! Do you guys recommend restoring all of the apps with data with titanium or just install the apps fresh and then restore the data only?

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
Well everyone I took the leap...I have root and Adaway is working. The method is so easy. Enable debugging, attach to computer follow the directions which consist of clicking ok on your phone program does the rest. Everything seems to be running fine, and nothing was wiped. You dont even have to enter download mode:):thumbup::p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Reactions: manny18pr

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
Screen shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383541004600.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383541004600.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,443

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Confirmed and working great on my AT&T Note 3

http://www.kingoapp.com/

Does not trip the knox counter

No factory reset, no wiping data.

Easy as one click root.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Kingo Root, a Tool/Utility for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    b0Ne83

Version Information

Created 2013-11-03
    Last Updated 2013-11-03
    Take a pill, both of you. Thread cleaned.

In that note, censorship isn't what we do. What we do is provide a clean, friendly environment for development related discussion. Threads that stay from the original intent get cleaned, as does rude, disrespectful comments.

Let's keep this thread on topic.
    Thanks.
    You get every answer you want except for the question you asked; so can you root 4.4.2 with Kingo Root or not? It really is a simple yes or no question that results in simple yes or no answer.

Thanks,

No.
    Hmm. The links to the older 1.1.18 version of Kingo are no longer up. Anyone have an alternate DL link? 1.2.0 is stalling on " Checking device for root" for me on NB4.

http://raduque.com/android_root_v1.1.8.exe
    Like the post above, are people not able to receive the OTA 4.4.2 update successfully because they have once rooted using the Kingo Root method?

Taking a look in the 442 discussion thread this oddly is what everyone's talking about. Including THIS reply which seems to answer your question spot on...

Updated to 4.4.2 successfully with rooted NB4.

I was on NB4 rooted with Kingo 1.18. No custom recovery, just a simple root. Had SuperSU, ES File Explorer and Titanium Backup installed (that required root). Had bunch bloatware (AT&T and Sumsung apps) frozen using Titanium. I unfroze At&T Software Update, FW Upgrade, and Local FOTA. Enabled SuperSU survival mode, then proceeded with the upgrade with no issues.

Things to note, I did loose root after 4.4.2 update. I never flashed any custom rom or leaked rom on this phone. On rooted NB4, the boot screen said Custom, now it simply show Samsung Galaxy Note 3 logo. I did NOT have to uninstall root before applying 4.4.2 update.

So you DO NOT need to uninstall kingo 1.18 NB4 root before the update, those of you with custom recovery, safestrap etc maybe running into other issues unrelated to root causing the update to fail.