[Q] Setup Pinky Inky Clyde Repo

Search This thread

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
I've got my repo synced to the pac-4.4 branch, but now that the team has switched repos to Pinky Inky and Clyde, my repo syncs have been failing. Can somebody help walk me through the steps to set everything back up using the new repo?

Langes

Sep 23, 2012
Sweet Spot
I've got my repo synced to the pac-4.4 branch, but now that the team has switched repos to Pinky Inky and Clyde, my repo syncs have been failing. Can somebody help walk me through the steps to set everything back up using the new repo?

What device are you trying to build for, what is the error you're getting, what is the contents of your roomservice file?

Sent from my Xperia Ray using Tapatalk

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
What device are you trying to build for, what is the error you're getting, what is the contents of your roomservice file?

Sent from my Xperia Ray using Tapatalk

I will be building for the HTC LTE aka Jewel

Fatal error message was: Fetching projects: 80% (355/443) error: Cannot fetch pacman

error: Exited sync due to fetch errors

Full log can be found here: http://pastebin.com/G9UbGBuG

Roomservice.xml inside .repo/local_manifests is:
<manifest><project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_jewel" path="device/htc/jewel" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0"/><project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_msm8960-common" path="device/htc/msm8960-common" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0"/><project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_s4-common" path="device/htc/s4-common" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0"/><project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_htc_msm8960" path="kernel/htc/msm8960" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0"/><project name="Pinky-Inky-and-Clyde/proprietary_vendor_htc" path="vendor/htc" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0"/></manifest>

Langes

Sep 23, 2012
Sweet Spot

Fatal error message was: Fetching projects: 80% (355/443) error: Cannot fetch pacman

roomservice is 100%

Delete the default.xml file in .repo folder and do the init repo command again. This should fix you up as the pacman folder was renamed and your repo did not update that somehow.

Code:
repo init -u git://github.com/PAC-man/pacman.git -b pac-4.4

Reactions: numel007

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
roomservice is 100%

Delete the default.xml file in .repo folder and do the init repo command again. This should fix you up as the pacman folder was renamed and your repo did not update that somehow.

Code:

Deleting the file and rerunning the command causes an immediate fatal error since the default.xml file can not be found. Should I restore it and just delete everything inside the file?

derek@derek-HP-Pavilion-dv4-Notebook-PC:~/PacRom-4.4$ repo init -u git://github.com/PAC-man/pacman.git -b pac-4.4
fatal: manifest 'default.xml' not available
fatal: manifest default.xml not found
derek@derek-HP-Pavilion-dv4-Notebook-PC:~/PacRom-4.4$

Last edited:

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
My bad, you should delete manifest.xml inside the ~/PacRom-4.4/.repo folder and init again.

File deleted, terminal restarted. Initiated repo again, ran repo sync, same failure as before unfortunately. Looks like somehow my repo isn't updating even after manifest.xml was deleted.

Langes

Sep 23, 2012
Sweet Spot
File deleted, terminal restarted. Initiated repo again, ran repo sync, same failure as before unfortunately. Looks like somehow my repo isn't updating even after manifest.xml was deleted.

Do you have any other xml files in .repo and in .repo/local_manifests? If you do, delete them all.

Do you have an android or a pacman folder in the top folder of you source tree? Or both?

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
Do you have any other xml files in .repo and in .repo/local_manifests? If you do, delete them all.

Do you have an android or a pacman folder in the top folder of you source tree? Or both?

Any and all xmls? And yes I have an Android folder in root of files.

Edit: Did a search for all xml files and deleted roomservice and manifest. Had to keep default to make the repo init still run. Repo sync ended with one error less. Still can not retrieve from pac. I also deleted the default.xml in the android folder.

Fetching project platform/external/lzma
Fetching projects: 99% (434/438) fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/derek/PacRom-4.4/.repo/projects/pacman.git'
error: Cannot fetch pacman

Last edited:

Langes

Sep 23, 2012
Sweet Spot

Edit: Did a search for all xml files and deleted roomservice and manifest. Had to keep default to make the repo init still run. Repo sync ended with one error less. Still can not retrieve from pac. I also deleted the default.xml in the android folder.

Fetching projects: 99% (434/438) error: Cannot fetch pacman

ok, delete all folders and files in your source folder except .repo (the source code you have downloaded is in .repo so you will not have to re-download everything)
then run the init command again and sync again

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
ok, delete all folders and files in your source folder except .repo (the source code you have downloaded is in .repo so you will not have to re-download everything)

Deleted everything but .repo and ran init again. Repo sync still can't fetch from pac. Maybe I should just do a fresh start and reset the entire build envirnment.

Langes

Sep 23, 2012
Sweet Spot

numel007

Apr 22, 2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rm -rf .repo/projects/device/*

repo sync

roomservice is 100%

Code:

Fetching projects: 99% (434/438) error: Cannot fetch pacman

Deleted everything but .repo and ran init again. Repo sync still can't fetch from pac. Maybe I should just do a fresh start and reset the entire build envirnment.

Compare the contents of manifests.xml inside the .repo folder to this: https://github.com/PAC-man/pacman/blob/pac-4.4/default.xml

Line 499 should read:
    Code:
    <project path="pacman" name="pacman" remote="pac" revision="pac-4.4" />