[Q] Tried to flash new rom, red exclamation mark

Search This thread

yosh89

May 12, 2010
Hi. I flashed my one x to a touchwiz cm9 which worked great. Then I decided to try out cm9 and it wouldn't boot into cyanogenmod. So I tried to go into recovery but it comes up with the red exclamation point. Could I have some help please, I'm in way over my head :/

Northantrim

Oct 17, 2010
Hi. I flashed my one x to a touchwiz cm9 which worked great. Then I decided to try out cm9 and it wouldn't boot into cyanogenmod. So I tried to go into recovery but it comes up with the red exclamation point. Could I have some help please, I'm in way over my head :/

I'm no expert, but I think that means you have somehow gotten rid of CWM..

Re-flash it again through fastboot. Use this version.

Edit: Also, before trying out any new ROMs (maybe this doesn't apply to those using the Aroma installer, but I do it anyway just to be safe), go into fastboot and do in cmd:

Code:
fastboot erase cache

Then go into CWM and factory reset, wipe cache partition and then advanced -> wipe dalvik cache.

Then you can go ahead and install the ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: yosh89

njensign

Jun 9, 2012
Kiel
Try erase cache in fastboot. Do you use the stock kernel? Domination mod (cm9 based) has a problem with Franco kernel. There you need to flash faux or stock.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

yosh89

May 12, 2010

Edit: Also, before trying out any new ROMs (maybe this doesn't apply to those using the Aroma installer, but I do it anyway just to be safe), go into fastboot and do in cmd:

Code:
fastboot erase cache

Then go into CWM and factory reset, wipe cache partition and then advanced -> wipe dalvik cache.

Oh thank you so much! That worked great. I had to flash the CWMR first and after I installed CM9 from zip, I flashed the boot.img from the CM9 zip and it booted straight in.

Thank you :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    fastboot erase cache