[AOSP][ROM][4.2.1] JellyBean 4.2 (20121209)

Search This thread

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
2) I'd be happy to test it for you but I don't think I understand the question. Are you asking whether the phone goes to deep sleep when BT is off AND one runs this command? Is it any use to test even if my phone goes to deep sleep with BT on?

Yes, turn BT off and run the command (try once turning off bluetooth without a reboot, then another time with a reboot after turning bluetooth off). The point is checking if BlueZ has to do anything special so bluetooth doesn't keep the phone awake.

You can check if the phone goes into deep sleep using the app "CPU Spy"

Reactions: barvna and alb3rtt

ego42

Feb 15, 2008
Yes, turn BT off and run the command (try once turning off bluetooth without a reboot, then another time with a reboot after turning bluetooth off). The point is checking if BlueZ has to do anything special so bluetooth doesn't keep the phone awake.

You can check if the phone goes into deep sleep using the app "CPU Spy"

OK. I'm running CM 10 Stable, everything stock, JVT base.

1) turned BT off
2) ran the command (had to run "su" first, I suppose that's right (sorry, I have no knowledge of linux commandline whatsoever))
3) entered a custom ref. point in Better Battery Stats
4) the phone still enters Deep Sleep even after the custom ref. point

5) rebooted the phone with BT still off
6) waited for mediascanner etc. to finish (that is one hell of a long wait with 30 GB of music on SD card :)
7) the phone DOESN'T seem to be able to enter deep sleep although it spends a lot of time at 100 MHz

8) turned BT on
9) the phone still doesn't seem to be able to enter deep sleep

10) turned BT off again
11) still no deep sleep

12) ran the command
13) still no deep sleep

14) ran "echo 0 > ..."
15) still no deep sleep

16) turned BT on
17) still no deep sleep

17) rebooted with BT on
18) waited for mediascanner etc. to finish
19) the phone CAN enter deep sleep again (even after I turn BT off)

All in all it seems that once "echo 1 > ..." is ran AND the phone is rebooted, it cannot enter deep sleep regardless of its BT status. Once "echo 0 > ..." is ran AND the phone is rebooted, deep sleep works again.

Hope I haven't messed up somewhere. If you need anything else tested just let me know.

Just one question. I understand that the BT stack in 4.2 has changed and CM 10.1 is going to use the updated AOSP stack instead of BlueZ, is that right? Just wondering what it will do to A2DP quality. Guess I'll find out as soon as I install the unofficial CM10.1 build (or a nightly whichever comes first).

Reactions: elitevet

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
OK. I'm running CM 10 Stable, everything stock, JVT base.

1) turned BT off
2) ran the command (had to run "su" first, I suppose that's right (sorry, I have no knowledge of linux commandline whatsoever))
3) entered a custom ref. point in Better Battery Stats
4) the phone still enters Deep Sleep even after the custom ref. point

5) rebooted the phone with BT still off
6) waited for mediascanner etc. to finish (that is one hell of a long wait with 30 GB of music on SD card :)
7) the phone DOESN'T seem to be able to enter deep sleep although it spends a lot of time at 100 MHz

8) turned BT on
9) the phone still doesn't seem to be able to enter deep sleep

10) turned BT off again
11) still no deep sleep

12) ran the command
13) still no deep sleep

14) ran "echo 0 > ..."
15) still no deep sleep

16) turned BT on
17) still no deep sleep

17) rebooted with BT on
18) waited for mediascanner etc. to finish
19) the phone CAN enter deep sleep again (even after I turn BT off)

All in all it seems that once "echo 1 > ..." is ran AND the phone is rebooted, it cannot enter deep sleep regardless of its BT status. Once "echo 0 > ..." is ran AND the phone is rebooted, deep sleep works again.

Hope I haven't messed up somewhere. If you need anything else tested just let me know.

Just one question. I understand that the BT stack in 4.2 has changed and CM 10.1 is going to use the updated AOSP stack instead of BlueZ, is that right? Just wondering what it will do to A2DP quality. Guess I'll find out as soon as I install the unofficial CM10.1 build (or a nightly whichever comes first).

Can you start again with the base case "Deep sleep is working with bluetooth on"? Otherwise, it won't proof anything.

This ROM (and all 4.2 ROM) is using the new bluetooth stack.

edgardurao

Aug 16, 2005
Lisbon
I only get aosp keyboard with gapps from goo 20121130.
Something must be wrong. Are whe doing something wrong?

Sent from my BQ Kepler2 with CM10

smithchipz

Apr 5, 2012
Melbourne
You guys must be doing something wrong because I've installed the latest ROM and used the latest gapps from goo.im and gesture typing works fine.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app

Jens1969

You guys must be doing something wrong because I've installed the latest ROM and used the latest gapps from goo.im and gesture typing works fine.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app

Just switched to AOSP keyboard. I see a blue trail while sliding over the keyboard, but nothing is suggested or inserted. Checked settings twice. Will double check the next days.

Sent from my GT-I9000

yadavjpr

Jun 7, 2011
Pune

or150

Dec 24, 2011
In android 4.1 based CM , I have had an Hebrew dictionary even tough it wasn't shown in settings. Since the keyboard have moved into Gapps, will Hebrew dic. be available in CM10.1?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is a build of Android JellyBean 4.2 from AOSP source code based on the CyanogenMod device tree for Samsung Galaxy S I9000. I have made this build to gauge how difficult it would be to port JellyBean 4.2 to current devices. In its current state, I consider this stable enough for daily use.

Kernel Source Code: https://github.com/pawitp/android_kernel_samsung_aries/tree/jellybean-next
    Other source code: See CM GitHub/Gerrit

What Works?
    Almost everything you can think of, RIL, Data, Wifi, Camera, Audio, GPS, TV-Out, etc. See the known issue list below for list of things that do not work.

Downloads
    ROM: http://goo.im/devs/pawitp/galaxysmtd_aosp42
    Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps
    SuperSU: http://download.chainfire.eu/282/SuperSU/CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip (only needed for 20121122 or below)

Installation
    Note: this ROM uses the same partition layout as CM10 stable.

1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Optionally install the Google Addon (install it everytime you install the ROM as there is no backup system right now)
    4. Optionally install SuperSU (only needed for 20121122 or below)

Known Issues
    • None

Features that are a part of CyanogenMod not AOSP
    and thus won't be available in this ROM
    • T9 Dialer
    • Reboot Menu
    • Theme Engine
    If you want these, use CyanogenMod when it's out!

Change Log
    • Fixed: Broken SIM PIN Layout
    • Fixed: Bluetooth input devices not working
    • Fixed: No deepsleep with bluetooth on
    • Fixed: no direction arrow in Google Maps
    • Hopefully fixed: Wifi not working for some users (again)
    • Enable KSM
    • Fixed: Wifi not working for some users
    • Reverted Wi-Fi changes in 20121130
    • Fixed: Sim Toolkit (STK) does not work
    • Fixed: Live Wallpaper does not work
    • Superuser now included
    • Overall improved external SD card support
    • Fixed: Unable to mount external SD on PC
    • Fixed: Exchange not working
    • Fixed: CWM does not work in "dup" format
    • Fixed: Pressing home when screen is off but not locked exits current application
    • Fixed: Settings -> Storage displays "Available" instead of actual available amount
    • Fixed: adb shell does not work in recovery
    • Fixed: Settings -> Storage FC
    • Fixed: APN not working for some users (toggle airplane mode as a workaround)
    • Fixed: No Email/Exchange app
    • Fixed: Camera crashes if the preview is touched while recording video
    • Fixed: Daydream clock setting crashes
    • Initial release

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Note that this is a preview release and non-device specific bugs will not be accepted. The development of this preview will also cease once enough progress has been made in CyanogenMod. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Credits
    CyanogenMod and all previous contributors and maintainers of the device.
    Uploaded a new build, which will hopefully fix wifi for everyone and be the final build for this project. (Let's move on to CM!)
    The 20121209 build has been uploaded, and will hopefully be the last build if there is no more major problems.

As stated before, I will move on to developing and providing CM10.1 builds. If you want to use pure AOSP, the last build should be stable enough for long term use. There is no point of further maintaining this ROM as there is nothing to add (pure AOSP) and (hopefully) nothing to fix (not adding new features = not adding bugs).
    New build posted
    New build uploaded, hopefully fixing wifi for everyone.