Votes: 74 41.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

htctoucher

Nov 5, 2007
could someone do me a HUGE favor..

i accidentily deleted a bunch of registry entries :eek: when testing something

if you could upload the registry files from a 1.10 sprint rom build i would greatly appreciate!! (use total commander or similar app to copy/move the reg to sd card then upload it)

the reg string i need is:
HKCU\Comm\

all of it!
please
thanks
htctoucher

also, does anyone know how to change the background of the htc task manager and enlarged menu?
ive been able to change the colors of the selected (manilacustomhlup and down) and the customgrid but not the background color
is it possible via registry?

Last edited:

Boss428man

Mar 13, 2008
Boston
I hate to go against the grain but i really am looking forward to the removal of the curtain. I found it to be one extra step I had to take every phone call to use of the extra menus. I am looking forward to trying your new rom in the next couple weeks. I don't have time at the moment to go through another reflash. Keep giving feedback everyone I like reading about your experiences. So far things sound good!

yearn

May 14, 2008
Ava, Missouri
could someone do me a HUGE favor..

i accidentily deleted a bunch of registry entries :eek: when testing something

if you could upload the registry files from a 1.10 sprint rom build i would greatly appreciate!! (use total commander or similar app to copy/move the reg to sd card then upload it)

the reg string i need is:
HKCU\Comm\

all of it!
please
thanks
htctoucher

also, does anyone know how to change the background of the htc task manager and enlarged menu?
ive been able to change the colors of the selected (manilacustomhlup and down) and the customgrid but not the background color
is it possible via registry?

Here ya go!

Oops! these are from the Alltel build so use at your own risk!

Attachments

• Comm.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 9

myshinynewtouch

Jul 30, 2008
here you go htctoucher... hope it helps... i am on sprint.. but if u do notice anyway i can get a regular cdma dialer like behavior where i can see the state the person is calling from... pls do let me know...

until now - ROM looks good - 58% is avg memory usage but performance is fast...

NFSFAN - waiting for ur new beta 6.5 ROM...

Attachments

• hkcucomm.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

htctoucher

Nov 5, 2007
here you go htctoucher... hope it helps... i am on sprint.. but if u do notice anyway i can get a regular cdma dialer like behavior where i can see the state the person is calling from... pls do let me know...

thanks man i REally appreciate it! saves me a lot of trouble

as for a dialer, no idea, i know there is callerid app in devandhacking that is a callerid which lets you see the state of the caller, i think its called callerid.. not sure though :D

tharris297

Apr 29, 2007
Albany, Georgia
I'm on VZW and i am going to have to go back to 112. 113 keeps reseting on me whiile installing. I thought it was certain programs, but its randome for me. GOing to go with 112 and upgrade later.

Love the new theme though!

brsev

Aug 14, 2008
My Windows folder opens in around two or three seconds. That's insane. I thought version 1.10 was awesome; it doesn't even compete. I'll add more details if I encounter anything else problematic or particularly amazing.

Addition 1: Wow, aGPS locked on in like 10 seconds immediately after turning the phone on. I didn't have to redo any of the fix. Footprints is somewhat gimmicky, but it works and looks great. I'm not a fan of the new M2D skin, but no problem since I don't even use M2D. Touchresponse is a nice addition, too.

Last edited:

tosh1

Jan 16, 2009
Hello NF...nice ROM... I have a small problem though. I flashed my phone to METRO PCS, then loaded this ROM with your Sprint version, but now I can't get into the EPST since the service code is different from 000000 now.

I tried installing a cab file from Qwest that worked for my Titan, but that didn't work.

Do you have a cab file from another carrier that will reset it back to 0000000 for me?

Thanks again and keep up the good work...

Detroit_Doug

Jan 23, 2008
Las Vegas
Hello NF...nice ROM... I have a small problem though. I flashed my phone to METRO PCS, then loaded this ROM with your Sprint version, but now I can't get into the EPST since the service code is different from 000000 now.

I tried installing a cab file from Qwest that worked for my Titan, but that didn't work.

Do you have a cab file from another carrier that will reset it back to 0000000 for me?

Thanks again and keep up the good work...

Did you try the folder under programs>system tools>phone codes for the codes your looking for?

There was a post similar to this a few pages back regarding something similar may want to check back a bit as well for a solution

Detroit Doug

suntopper

Aug 13, 2007
Seattle, WA
NFSFAN,
Another great ROM.

I've got a question about voice command and BT headsets. I know you don't use them but maybe someone else can help as well. When I access VC using my HT820 headset the volume for VC is always way lower than the music volume from WMP. It's so low I have to pay close attention to hear it. I've been using your ROMs (for a very long time) and sometimes the VC volume is the same but most times I think it is lower. I'm not sure if it is ROM related or possibly the way I have connected to the headset.

I'm on a verizon xv6900 with your latest.

Thanks in advance,

NFSFAN

May 25, 2008
Toronto
I just flashed the sprint rom, and the memory seems fine to me 42%. I've played around with it a bit, and soft-reset. The memory seems fine to me, never hit 60%, unless I'm running a lot of things in the background.

leadpoizon

May 31, 2008
Well, seems like this sprint build doesn't include MJPEG support for media plaer either. :(

The WAP version of the Sprint picture mail website isn't supported by IE6...

I just flashed the sprint rom, and the memory seems fine to me 42%. I've played around with it a bit, and soft-reset. The memory seems fine to me, never hit 60%, unless I'm running a lot of things in the background.

The Sprint ROM on my Vogue hits 60 easily. o_O I wonder if it has to do with the software installed that might be running as processes in the background. I have Sprint Mobile Email and Picture Mail installed and I changed the Manila theme.

EDIT: Sprint Mobile Email, which uses MS Push, does NOT work with this build. It tries to connect, but keeps getting errors. D:

Last edited:

.Dylan

Nov 18, 2008
I'm having trouble downloading the Telus rom. I've attempted the Sprint and Bell Roms and seem to be able to connect to those just fine. Is there a mirror?

Last edited:

cool bean

Jun 26, 2006
Been running Garmin no problem with this ROM.

Recently I found that IGO8 is much better with TTS. So I tried it on my Bell Vogue with NFSFAN ROM 1.28.

I have a few problems:

1. After initial install it can't find the AGPS/GPS and then it hangs.
2. Resetting the vogue and retarting the program again will hang at the "Starting screen"

Help!

If you r running IGO8 well, what version are you using? Also, do you prime the GPS with a certain program? And what's in your sys.txt file?

Thanks a million!

kranz68osu

Nov 3, 2007
Exchange Security

NFSFAN,
I am still having the exchange sync problems I had with you other ROMs. It sets up the security (Forced PIN) but the folders never sync. I get the same error as before. Attached are the logs. I am on vacation next week. I plan to play around with the registry to get this working. Other than that, I love the new ROM. I need to compare the settings between your ROM and WHOSDAMAN's ROM. Feel free to PM me if you have anything you want me to try.

I work for Accenture, is there anyone else who works there able to use NFSFAN's ROMs?

View attachment ActivesyncLog.zip

tmorris52

Oct 15, 2007
I am running the sprint 10.0 rom and it seems like it is not as sensitive as the other past roms when you touch the screen. it's not as responsive. It's better than 0.9 but not better than 0.8. Regardless I am apreciative just and fyi on some of my experiences with it.

platinum_mo

May 14, 2008
bug

i dont know if im the only one or not having this issue..but when someone sends a really long txt and pretend its 5 texts long..then you would have to open the text message 5 times to make the notification dissappear..
anyone else having this issue?

anyways thanks for the amazing roms nf greatly appreciate it

htctoucher

Nov 5, 2007
my footptint tab in m2d just randomly stopped working.. it is npw stuck on "please wait"

is anyone else getting this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NFSFAN's 6.5 21864 SYS/XIP V1.00 GENERIC CARRIER ROM

HOT OUT OF THE OVEN AND SUPER STABLE!!!!!
    Fastest WM6.5 ROM FOR VOGUE GUARANTEED

V1.00 RELEASED!!!

GET YOUR DOWNLOAD HERE

REQUIREMENTS: Must have general knowledge of PPCs and how to use one. GPS Radio.
    RECOMMENDED: GPS Radio (3.42.50) for Bell users

Precaution: Do not backup anything from previous ROM versions.
    Only backup contacts, appointments, emails and text messages.

IMPORTANT:
    Always flash from bootloader mode!!!
    Always Hard-Reset after ROM flash!!!
    Always let customizations run on my ROMs!!!

CRITICAL:

1. You have the choice of which dialer to install.
    This is very important!! You must install a dialer from one of the
    supplied cabs!! You have 2 choices CDMA or GSM.
    Click Here to visit the dialer post I made :)

2. For GPS to work with different carriers than Bell install
    one of the cabs in the attachment below, that matches your carrier.

3. For the weather to show up on the Manila2D homescreen
    you have to install the CDMA Home Weather Fix.cab
    found in the attachments at the end of this post. However, make
    sure that you ONLY install the cab after you setup the city in the
    weather tab of M2D, or else M2D will not launch.

4. To add custom cities for the weather tab on M2D, go to Start,
    Settings, System, and tap on Manila2D Weather Cities Editor.

NFSFAN's Opera 9.5

Based off newest build 17753!

Tweaked and built to be used with NFS ROM.
    Fully featured and loaded with speed enhancements. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Changes over stock:
    *Tweaked to be used with Vogue NFS ROM (heap & memory)
    *Zoom Slider Enabled
    *Uninstallable
    *Full Exit
    *Auto RAM Cache
    *Max Tabs set to 5
    *Download Complete Notification
    *Smooth Scrolling
    *Turbo Mode
    *Special Effects Enabled
    *Scroll Bar Colors Enabled
    *20 MB Disk Cache
    *Large page cache
    *Large image cache
    *Tweaked Adaptive Zooming
    *Max Server and Total Connections Tweaked
    *Removed HTC splash, substituted for original Opera splash
    *Defaulted skin colors to stock Opera
    *Home page set to google

FUTURE PLANS (V1.01):

N/A

****************************************************************************

HOTFIXES:

Verizon MMS:

* Install the cab provided in the link below, then after install go into the Connections,
    and delete everything there. After that is done, open Advanced
    Config, press Menu, and press "Import provisioning XML".
    Search for mxipupdate_oemoperators_102.provxml, and import it. Soft-reset, and MMS
    should work.

MMS CAB

GALLERY:

200906022152430000111f.jpg
    200910112337430004111g.jpg
    200907242049420002111f.jpg

200907242049310001111f.jpg
    200907242049080000111f.jpg
    200904060247120007111f.jpg

Code:
    ********************************************************************************************
                            [U]Full Change Log [COLOR=Red](Applies to all Releases)[/COLOR][/U]

[URL="http://74.53.45.2/%7Eevadmin/nfsfan/Public%20Releases/Vogue%206.5/WM6.5%20Log.txt"][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]CLICK HERE[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/URL]

[U]General Change Log[/U]

[U]V1.00[/U]

***Fixed issue with hard resets occuring***
    *Kitchen changed to platformrebuilder with my .bat scripts
    *WMP plays videos by default
    *Fixed headphone issue (this time it works properly no joke)
    *Fixed blurry camera
    *Fixed video recording issues (removed CIF & L modes)
    *Fixed date and time picker position in landscape + ported new version
    *Fixed Album slideshow
    *Optimized boot
    *Optimized memory allocation
    *Added new WinMo Dialer skin
    *Added new icons for Adobe & Album
    *Added aGPS Confirmation  --  1.0.1918.3131
    *Added HTC Geo Service  --  1.0.1919.1120
    *Added Microsoft Facebook  -- 1.0.0.7
    *Added Manila2D Weather Cities Editor  --  2.1
    *Added Bluetooth Audio Gateway support
    *Added Microsoft Marketplace
    *Updated to final WM6.5 21864 build (builds after will be designed on 6.5.1 branch and will be betas)
    *Updated Google Maps  --  3.2.1.17
    *Updated Adobe PDF  --  2.5.1.0.395886.05H
    *Updated Boot Launcher --  1.0.1918.1525
    *Updated HTC Framework  --  1.1.1919.2728
    *Updated Shared Resource  --  1.0.1919.2728
    *Updated Manila 2D  --  2.0.1919.1432
    *Updated AudioManager  --  2.2.1918.2329
    *Updated Media Tool Kit  --  1.0.1918.2223
    *Updated Random Access  --  4.1.1917.3928
    *Updated RSS Hub  --  2.1.1.1101
    *Updated Settings Improvement  --  1.0.1918.4129
    *Updated Streaming Media  --  3.1.1918.3421
    *Updated Task Manager  -- 2.1.1918.3027
    *Updated USB to PC Popup  --  2.3.1918.3029
    *Updated Voice Recorder  --  1.10.1918.1619
    *Updated Menu Enhancement  --  1.1.1919.1133
    *Updated Email Setup Wizard  --  2.1.1919.1730
    *Updated HTC Power  --  3.3.0.0
    *Updated HTC Album  --  3.0.1918.2223
    *Updated Pocket RAR  --  3.90
    *Updated CapSure  -- 1.11g
    *Updated Windows Live
    *Updated MyPhone

********************************************************************************************

If you like and appreciate my work and effort, please take the time to click on the
    button. Thank you for your kind support!!!
    i was told a way to try and fix the start icons issue over at ppcgeeks, im no cook so i rather tell you instead

Modify StartMenu_GridView_240x320.crp (file name may not be exact, but it's close).
    Pics are blurry...unless I use the "sports" option

Anyone else noticed that since around V14 or so, that the pictures that are taken with the default camera option (has the camera icon in top left corner) always end up blurry, regardless of lighting? I've got around it by using the "sports" option (has the running person icon in the top left corner)...unfortunately, I have to take 3pics at a minimum; but with this setting, they are clear. I know that the first thought is that my hands are shakey...but it never happened on earlier ROM versions, even back to the 6.1 versions. Thoughts? Am I the only one?
    Hey all!

THIS MAY BE THE SOLUTION for those who are experiencing Internet connectivity problems since a couple of days with Bell (NFSFAN ROM).

YOU MAY NOT NEED TO REFLASH YOUR DEVICE or reinstall any Radio Versions or whatever.

JUST TRY THIS FIRST :
    1. Go to Settings, Connections and click on Connections Icon
    2. Click on "Manage existing connections"
    3. Click on Edit... for the Bell Mobility connection
    4. Click Next, Next and then Advanced button
    5. Go to the "Servers" tab
    6. Change this option : put it to "Use server-assigned addresses"
    (You can note on a paper your DNS and Alt DNS numbers in case, cause it will be deleted after).
    7. click ok. Click Finish.
    8. Try to connect.
    9. Surf the Internet !!!
    10. Take a beer after so much energy finding this problem....

Hope it will do the job for you!!