[ROM - WWE] [10.07.10] ~QBUS22~ [WM 21909/23569 - Sense 2011] **Now with kitchen**

Search This thread

qbus00

Nov 7, 2008
Kraków
Hello :)

There are lots of ROMs for Topaz to choose from, but none of them suite my needs. That's why I decided to create my own...

The general idea was to create 6.5.3 based ROM with Topaz 2.53 packages (so with Manila 2.5.20113030.0 and Topaz dialer).
There is also COM2 (with Start menu at top) version available. It has the same tweaks as 6.5.3 version. Differences between them are described in changelog.

The ROM looks pretty close to stock one but is tweaked to be as fast as possible and I removed as many bugs as I could found (also those introduced by HTC).

Now with kitchen. To start cook your own ROM just unpack content, run osKitchen.exe and select one of projects from Projects\HTC Topaz folder.

If you like my ROMs and wanna donate here is a link to do so:

There are two versions available - with HTC Messaging (QBUS00H) and without HTC Messaging (QBUS00).

This ROM was created using OS Kitchen.

Changelog:

QBUS22:
  • COM2 upgraded to 21909
  • Removed any task manager from COM2 (you can choose the one you want from CAB - downloads at the end of this post). Be aware that installing HTC Task Manager on ROM with HTC Messaging causes a bug: phone starts to freeze when rotating to landscape in HTC Messaging
  • Added Bubble Breaker to COM5
  • Kitchen released - link at the end of post

QBUS21:
  • Removed non english Manila language files (saves space)
  • Fixed problem with MMTaskManager, Office, Notes and some other system apps (added them to exclusion list). The fix is temporary, I'm in contact with author of MMTaskManager and waiting for his response

QBUS20SE:
  • Trying to fix SOD bug

QBUS20:
  • HTC Input updated (to the one from Leo3)
  • HTC Messaging updated
  • Removed Ameba, Showcase (COM5) and HTC TaskManager (COM2) - replaced with MMTaskManager
  • Fixed HTC Messaging on rotation hanging bug

QBUS19:
  • COM2 upgraded to 21907
  • New HTC Messaging 1.8 - faster and more responsible then previous versions
  • Altered Ameba settings to eliminate freezes and slowdowns (COM5 only)
  • Recmoded some of EXTs to reduce posibility of SODs

QBUS18 (Only COM5):
  • Fixed incoming call screen without Ameba position fix
  • Disabled position fix in Ameba (not needed anymore)

QBUS17:
  • switched back to XPR compression. Don't know why yet, but LZX causes system instability (for example YouTube problems) - now they're gone
  • Disabled "Message was successfully sent" message in HTC Messaging versions
  • Other small reghacks

QBUS16:
  • COM2 upgraded to 21905
  • HTC Messaging upgraded to 1.5.2014.2622 (faster, more stable and with Secure Box)
  • Removed Help and Getting Started shortcuts in COM5 (they are not working in COM5)

QBUS15:
  • COM2 upgraded to 21904
  • Office upgraded to 2010 in COM2
  • Enabled ClearType in Landscape mode
  • Enabled Landscape mode in Settings
  • Switched to LZX compression

QBUS14:
  • COM5 upgraded to 23569
  • Fdc Task Manager upgraded to 3.3
  • Lock screen fix when no appointment visible (no space below clock) (6.5.3 only)

QBUS13 (Repack2):
  • COM5 upgraded to 23568
  • COM2 upgraded to 21903
  • Notification Enhancement with Task Manager link which points to Showcase (removed Showcase from long Start Menu button press)
  • Upgrade from QBUS10, 11, 11a and 12 is possible without loosing your data: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6357835&postcount=278
  • Removed NeoS drivers to eliminate SODs

QBUS12:
  • COM5 upgraded to 23563 upgraded again (fixed issue with datetime picker)
  • Disabled landscape mode on photo & music tabs as it was slow and buggy
  • Disabled weather wallpaper on Manila home screen - device is even faster now. If you want to enable it again on Home screen choose Menu -> Home Wallpaper -> Weather Wallpaper

QBUS11a:
  • Fixed ActiveSync issue

QBUS11:
  • COM5 downgraded to 23559 (latest version with finger friendly datepicker which is working properly)
  • Enabled landscape mode in Manila's pictures & music tabs
  • Google Maps upgraded to 4.1
  • This version has ActiveSync broken, it's not possible to sync anything. Please upgrade to QBUS11a

QBUS10:
  • COM5 updated to 23563
  • COM2 updated to 21901
  • Page Pool increased to 15MB (it appears that this is stock ROM default value)
  • 23563 build has problems with custom datetimepicker (not possible to choose day in Windows Calendar for example). Workaround is to disable custom datetimepicker by removing following registry key: HKLM\System\GWE\Commctrl\CustomDateTimeCtrl

QBUS09:
  • COM5 updated to 23557
  • Enabled additional languages in eT9 (full list: Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish)

QBUS08:
  • because of some problems with 23554 COM5 SYS has been reverted to 23551 which is as fast as 23554 but is more stable
  • Ameba updated to newest version 0.8 (details here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=583002) - only 6.5.3
  • Defined exclusions for applications closing (by default ActiveSync, Messaging and CommManager) - only 6.5.3
  • Defined exclusions for position fixing (by default some of HTC apps) - only 6.5.3
  • Settings link in Start Menu now opens Windows Mobile settings (instead of going to Manilla Settings tab)

QBUS07:
  • COM5 updated to 21898
  • COM2 updated to 23554

QBUS06:
  • both versions have .NET Compact Framework 3.5 now
  • COM5 updated to 23551
  • COM2 based on 21897
  • Added official fix for HTC Album and Facebook integration published by HTC

QBUS05:
  • Removed HTC Messaging (Standard Windows Messaging + ArcSoft MMS used instead of)

QBUS04:
  • Restored HTC Messaging because of some problems with MMS
  • File cache size increased again
  • Page pool increased to 12MB

QBUS03:
  • First attempt to remove HTC Messaging

QBUS02:
  • Increased cache size for filesystem and fonts
  • 3G enabled by default

QBUS01:
  • New TSK (the same which can be found in nhathoa's ROMs - used with his permission) - only 6.5.3
  • Enable led blinking in notification settings
  • 3G Enabled in Comm Manager
  • NeoS 2007 tweaked drivers
  • No sound at boot
  • No flipping clock on Manila Home tab
  • Fixed phone canvas (scrollbar and keypad icon) - patch by SergeyLAR - only 6.5.3
  • Fixed Menu Enhancement (gap at the top of a screen) - patch by SergeyLAR - only 6.5.3
  • VolumeControl is set to single mode by default
  • FdcTask Manager integrated into ROM
  • HTC Album Facebook Online fix
  • Icons in Start Menu moved to folders
  • Vibration enabled in Opera
  • HTC Messaging is not waking up phone when SMS/email received
  • HTC Album is closing by default (instead of minimizing)
  • X button is closing applications (using Ameba) - only 6.5.3
  • Pressing and holding Start Menu icon starts Showcase Task Manager - only 6.5.3
  • Added HTC TaskManager (removed by HTC in 2.53) - only 6.5
  • XPR Compression
  • Deleted sample music
  • Deleted sample pictures

ROM has been tested on 23544, 23549, 23551, 23557, 23559, 23563, 23568 SYS for some time. Of course ROM is not as fast as COM2 but it's speed is on resonable level.

COM2 version is based on 21909.

Download links:

QBUS22 COM2 (21909): http://www.multiupload.com/U0TF6BX8C5
QBUS22 COM5 (23569): http://www.multiupload.com/LQI36T6ZAC

QBUS22H COM2 (21909): http://www.multiupload.com/BB8VM5W598
QBUS22H COM5 (23569): http://www.multiupload.com/Y7RADQ4B6T

HTC Task Manager for COM2: http://www.multiupload.com/G2ITUXGDNU
MMTaskManager for COM2/COM5: http://www.multiupload.com/UK5Q4YCXJC

Kitchen:
Part 1
Part 2

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 5,575
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 4,736
  • Screen03.jpg
    Screen03.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 3,589
Last edited:
S

SarDroid

Welcome my friend:)I am sure that your rom works very well...Testing now:)
Best all

Briefcase

Nov 10, 2009
This looks really well, only disadvantage is that it has HTC's messaging client 2.5 which is, based on my experience, unusable. Is it possible to remove this from your rom?

qbus00

Nov 7, 2008
Kraków
This looks really well, only disadvantage is that it has HTC's messaging client 2.5 which is, based on my experience, unusable. Is it possible to remove this from your rom?

Hi, I'm also not fan of HTC Messaging.
The problem with removing it is that then we lose integration with Manila (no unreaded messages numbers at slidebar and SMS tab on Contact screen is not working).

aussie1234

Dec 24, 2008
Australia
Try This

Hi, I'm also not fan of HTC Messaging.
The problem with removing it is that then we lose integration with Manila (no unreaded messages numbers at slidebar and SMS tab on Contact screen is not working).

Hi

If you look at Energy latest ROMs (NRG) he is using a HTC Messaging client that has less of these bugs and problems. Quite good.

Perhaps you can integrate that version of HTC Messaging into your ROM?

Cheers

Aussie :)

ThrashMan

Feb 2, 2009
Nice ROM qbus. :)

Very nice memory footprint.
I like the implementation of ShowCase
"No flipping clock"....I assume this means the clock doesn't insist on displaying the time -1hr and 4 minutes so it can flip back to the correct time?
"New TSK".....I don't know what this is.

Unfortunately this ROM shows me to be permanently roaming :-/

Last edited:

qbus00

Nov 7, 2008
Kraków
Nice ROM qbus. :)

Very nice memory footprint.

Unfortunately this ROM shows me to be permanently roaming :-/

Hmm this is strange. Have you tried other ROMs based on 2.53 packages and/or on newest SYSes (like 23549)?

I haven't touched anything releated to operator settings so I believe this is a problem of HTC/MS rather then mine cooking?

qbus00

Nov 7, 2008
Kraków
Hi

If you look at Energy latest ROMs (NRG) he is using a HTC Messaging client that has less of these bugs and problems. Quite good.

Perhaps you can integrate that version of HTC Messaging into your ROM?

Cheers

Aussie :)

I'm using official HTC Messaging for Topaz - this one is faster and more stable on our devices then Leo one.

miro666

Jul 1, 2007
Osijek
Someone was say much early it NeoS 2007 tweaked drivers have not much affect on speed our device...

Regards

ThrashMan

Feb 2, 2009
Hmm this is strange. Have you tried other ROMs based on 2.53 packages and/or on newest SYSes (like 23549)?

I haven't touched anything releated to operator settings so I believe this is a problem of HTC/MS rather then mine cooking?

I think I found the "problem". The "3G" switch is set to off by default. UK's 3 network doesn't support GPRS so enabling 3G appears to have fixed my problem :)

I would like to have the keyboard button at the bottom of the screen so that clicking it makes the keyboard disappear. It seems to be a common "fault" with 23xxx + ROMS that if you click the keyboard softbutton it just offers the various types of keyboard.

Oh....and automatically importing SIM contacts would be good :)

Last edited:

qbus00

Nov 7, 2008
Kraków
Someone was say much early it NeoS 2007 tweaked drivers have not much affect on speed our device...

Regards

Yes, that's true. I've seen figure somewhere showing that it's less then 1% faster then original ones. However my subjective feeling is that when using Manila's slider it is a little smoother on NeoS drivers then on original ones.

I would like to have the keyboard button at the bottom of the screen so that clicking it makes the keyboard disappear. It seems to be a common "fault" with 23xxx + ROMS that if you click the keyboard softbutton it just offers the various types of keyboard.

Oh....and automatically importing SIM contacts would be good :)

For the keyboard issue - just move your finger a little more to the left edge of the keyboard icon ;).

komsa

Feb 11, 2007
Subotica
Qbus,glad to see you around, cooking for Topaz.......you were the best cook for Samsung Omnia (i remember...) as i don't like 2.5 manila would you consider cooking manila 2.1 ROM(6.5.3 with 2.1 sense would be nice)?best regards:):):):)

qbus00

Nov 7, 2008
Kraków
Qbus,glad to see you around, cooking for Topaz.......you were the best cook for Samsung Omnia (i remember...) as i don't like 2.5 manila would you consider cooking manila 2.1 ROM(6.5.3 with 2.1 sense would be nice)?best regards:):):):)

There are two options to do that:

- just use original base ROM with Manila 2.1 and cook that (easier but worst effect) - for that case I think that we have already super ROM - it's Aman's TESS (however it's based on COM2).

- mix Manila 2.1 with 2.53 packages (to get all finger friendly improvments from that) - this option is better but requires more work, time and testing (nhathoa tried to cook such version but it contained some bugs).

nice work, any chance we would see com2 version?

Yes - this is possible. My first idea was to cook 6.5.3 ROM but since someone asked for COM2 I'll cook a ROM based on this line soon :).

Briefcase

Nov 10, 2009
A 6.5.3 rom with 2.53 drivers without manilla would be nice too if you got some spare time :) [no manilla but with comm manager, topaz dialer, keyboard, etc].