[APP] Private Message Filter v2.5 13-Sep-2010

Search This thread

mohitsapru

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2008
"India"
Hi mohit,

I've just tried your last build (2.2b) and it's almost perfect (excepted for the reply windows) !!!
You can see my screenshot.
But, when I upgrade, I loose my translation and my notification settings. It doesn't matter a lot.

Finally i did it :) :p!!!
In case u are done with translation be sure to share it :), i think u can make use of the old one.. but there are some extra messages addded in the new one...
and u can always keep a backup of CutomText.txt file for ur backup.

EDIT:
Reply window i will fix in the final one... be sure that u have backed up ur translation :)
Thanks for the screenshot.
Mohit

woodrow_hills

Jul 21, 2009
Hi mohit

It's perfect now. Thank you Sir for your effort.

Hi mobit.

Not an issue though but just curious. The password input works with wm keyboard, MoAkey and Plum keypad but not with Samsung keypad on Omnia ll. What do you think could be the problem. My phone switch back to Samsung keypad after I use any of the above keypad to enter the password, so it has become a chore to switch keypad to use SMS filter.

Any Omnia user having this particular issue. Share your solution if you have it resolved.

Thank you

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
Hi mobit.

Not an issue though but just curious. The password input works with wm keyboard, MoAkey and Plum keypad but not with Samsung keypad on Omnia ll. What do you think could be the problem. My phone switch back to Samsung keypad after I use any of the above keypad to enter the password, so it has become a chore to switch keypad to use SMS filter.

Any Omnia user having this particular issue. Share your solution if you have it resolved.

Thank you

Hi..well the name is Mohit... h n b look same but sounds different ;)
nyways dont mind...

well abt ur question this sounds like an issue with the SDK, may be the SDKs developer will have a better insight over it. So the best place for it would be his thread. U can find its link on the first post.
Well other Omania users can also respond if there are any!! so that we can be sure abt that.

Thanks
Mohit

woodrow_hills

Jul 21, 2009
Hi..well the name is Mohit... h n b look same but sounds different ;)
nyways dont mind...

well abt ur question this sounds like an issue with the SDK, may be the SDKs developer will have a better insight over it. So the best place for it would be his thread. U can find its link on the first post.
Well other Omania users can also respond if there are any!! so that we can be sure abt that.

Thanks
Mohit

Sorry Mohit. Mis-type your name, my apology. And thank you for your wonderful application.

woaloo

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 23, 2006
Fairphone
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Version 2.2

Hi Mohit,

I've just installed your last version.
Everything is OK, except for custom.txt. I replace the original one with my translated one, and it gave me an error when launching your app (C.Framework). So, I need to translate this new file in french. It doesn't matter.

Everything works fine.

PS: What are the struture of txt files needed to modify the settings (conctact and text). Thanks

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
Hi Mohit,

I've just installed your last version.
Everything is OK, except for custom.txt. I replace the original one with my translated one, and it gave me an error when launching your app (C.Framework). So, I need to translate this new file in french. It doesn't matter.

Everything works fine.

PS: What are the struture of txt files needed to modify the settings (conctact and text). Thanks

I think u got the error because i have added some more messages, i had mentioned that in some previous post so u can take those and add that to ur previous translated one.

in case u are mentioning about the files to add rules, then it should be a text file with each filter in a newline e.g.
Code:
Filter1
Filter2
Filter3

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
Spamming to push it up...:p
could other new users please put comments also... it feels gud to read ur comments.:D

cuzlion

Oct 10, 2008
I am missing how to do one simple thing, how do you delete a filtered message after you no longer need to store it on your device? Nice app, thanks, Cuz

cuzlion

Oct 10, 2008
One more thing, on my VZW 6.5 Touch Pro 2 I can't always enter the password from my soft keyboard, it doesn't register the presses though the haptic keyboard vibes to show the touches are registered by the screen. I usually have to do that from the slide out keyboard, that's not a good thing and I haven't seen that bug on any other apps to date.

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
One more thing, on my VZW 6.5 Touch Pro 2 I can't always enter the password from my soft keyboard, it doesn't register the presses though the haptic keyboard vibes to show the touches are registered by the screen. I usually have to do that from the slide out keyboard, that's not a good thing and I haven't seen that bug on any other apps to date.

U might be getting this issue because of the new SDK, the better place would be the SDK thread, u can find the link to that on the first post

Rie888

May 15, 2010
thanks for the new ver. release mohit! your the man! screen layout is perfect and no unexpected error encountered in my VGA device. its working perfectly on my phone!

hope you can integrate a way to delete all/clear messages from a certain filtered contact. needs to one by one open and delete sms. is the fake pwd feature feasible on your next release? :D

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
Great Work!

I am using this software ever since from v0.2 to v2.1 with no big problem. Suddenly from today when ever I tried reply a SMS in SMSFilter, a dialog appear says "error sending SMS". The recipient did got the message, the SMSFilter will crash when exit. (Still working as long as not exit). After crash, the WM built in mail won't open and need a soft reset to set things right!

it seems some house cleaning not done before crash.

The crash message like this:
Exception code: 0x0000005
exception address: 0x021fd15c
failed module: cemapi.dll
offset:0x0000315c
at
MAPIUTilities.SafeNativeMethods.DoLogoff(Intptr& pSession)
at
MailStore.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at
MailStore.Finalize()

Updated to v2.2 doesn't resolve this.

I have around 12 messages (from different senders) stored in the app before this happen, not know if it's related to this but will try to delete all message and try again.

Hope this helps! I am running WM6.5 with Kaiser.

bernabap

Jul 25, 2009
I have attached a screenshot showing where the option to delete the messages are. If you are not seeing this option as in my screenshot you need Mohit's help!

Attachments

• Screenshot26.png
    Screenshot26.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 10

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
Great Work!

I am using this software ever since from v0.2 to v2.1 with no big problem. Suddenly from today when ever I tried reply a SMS in SMSFilter, a dialog appear says "error sending SMS". The recipient did got the message, the SMSFilter will crash when exit. (Still working as long as not exit). After crash, the WM built in mail won't open and need a soft reset to set things right!

it seems some house cleaning not done before crash.

The crash message like this:
Exception code: 0x0000005
exception address: 0x021fd15c
failed module: cemapi.dll
offset:0x0000315c
at
MAPIUTilities.SafeNativeMethods.DoLogoff(Intptr& pSession)
at
MailStore.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at
MailStore.Finalize()

Updated to v2.2 doesn't resolve this.

I have around 12 messages (from different senders) stored in the app before this happen, not know if it's related to this but will try to delete all message and try again.

Hope this helps! I am running WM6.5 with Kaiser.

sorry for my late reply... well thanks for finding the issue... i was not able to replicate it but i am working on it to fix it.
when i am done with my testing i will let u know so that maybe u can test again and confirm the fix!

EDIT: Ok I am done with my testing, can you please test it out for me?? The zip has two file one exe and one dll, dll needs to be copied in \Windows and exe in the SMSFilter folder. U may have to rename the earlier dll in windows in case it fails to copy there Restart and do your testing, n let me know if it fixes it or not!

Thanks,
Mohit

Attachments

• FilterDispose.zip
    25.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, I didn't change anything in the csv files, Sometimes it working, and sometimes it crashes. Maybe it depends of file size...

one more thing.. after you run it wait for some time till it updates the store. there wont be any notification so give it some time.
    Hi mohit,

first of all after read all 49 pages of this thread is to say really thank to u for your work !!
    I really appreciate it ;)

more... i have 2 things to ask u.

1)if i want only the windows notification and not that smsfilter icon appears on the taskbar how can i do?

2)on the replay section it could be possible to have a word counter? to let know us how many sms we are sending?

I hope to receive your news :)

still thank u an bye

Hi RoyIT,

thanks for using it...
    well for your questions
    1. We cant show default windows notification on message arrival. The only thing which is possible, is that it wont show any notification at all on arrival of a message and that can be done from the settings section.

2.Yes this could be added but as of now i have not touched its code since the last update. and i am planning to put it on web. Maybe then u cud see and request a lot of things.
    Or if i get time i wud put this update.

Thanks,
    Mohit
    Dear Friend

Nice application
    i tested it, i use it - very usefull tool, THANKS!
    But, if You dont mind, i shall offer a few positions to improve:

- Login screen: set the focus on a "Password", and open InputPanel
    so I can type only the PSW and OK without other types

- FIRST screen after login - "View SMS". Not the "Filters, SMS, Settings" screen - it can be in "menu", or some buttons else :)
    and there are the screen with new messages! not the settings or a new filters, that only hint at superfluous opportunities :))

- "Choose contact": select it from last input SMS, or last sent address
    i can view the history list from the last contact. If not from the last - still need to select the pulldown menu, but I have only one :)

- if you could offer "Chat" structure for sms list - it would be great!

thank in advance!
    Vladimir