By cedde, Member on 6th November 2011, 02:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th November 2011, 07:15 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
[QUOTE=daboy00;19217645]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedde

I use hotmail, and some other Exchange server, all my contacts and calendars work.
I uploaded the patch, it's untested! i will test tomorrow to make sure it works.
And it will stay as a patch since i don't need it [/QUOTE

So u made the rom for yourslef and not us...sweet boy

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA Premium App

Shut up, he doesn't need to make or publish a rom for anyone, and he doesn't owe you ****.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA App
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dung8604 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dung8604 Ad-Free

10th November 2011, 11:14 AM |#22  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27

More
[QUOTE=daboy00;19217645]
Quote:

I use hotmail, and some other Exchange server, all my contacts and calendars work.
I uploaded the patch, it's untested! i will test tomorrow to make sure it works.
And it will stay as a patch since i don't need it [/QUOTE

So u made the rom for yourslef and not us...sweet boy

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA Premium App

There is no extra programs in this rom (one of its goal), you install what you need, if some apk make sense i will provide a patch.

@undeadk9 Android is not build around Gmail Lol
10th November 2011, 12:08 PM |#23  
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 364

More
[QUOTE=cedde;19223648]
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboy00

There is no extra programs in this rom (one of its goal), you install what you need, if some apk make sense i will provide a patch.

@undeadk9 Android is not build around Gmail Lol

Lol @ android is built around gmail. Fukin hilllarious.
Is groups feature in contacts working??

10th November 2011, 12:15 PM |#24  
OP Member

More
No the groups in not working. I try to remove the icon and i end up with an extras MyFav icon lol. I will do some search to see how to remove the icon. Its in htcContacts.apk but without the source it seems difficult. However MyFav is disable with a script so i beleive there is a way to do something.
10th November 2011, 01:15 PM |#25  
Account currently disabled
Flag Las Vegas, Nevada
Thanks Meter: 684

Donate to Me
More
Ok so if gmail isn't built around android explain this then, during setup what is the first thing the setup wizard has you do? SIGN IN TO YOUR GMAIL ACCOUNT. Without gmail login you don't have have market, you don't have Contacts, you can't sync or save anything to Google servers, so Yes gmail is a vital needed app for android and yes gmail is built around android. You can even ask Google them selves. Every single dev except you include gmail, I've never seen a dev take out gmail or sync apps as you have with this unless its a true aosp ROM, why don't you do some research before you attempt to build a sense based ROM. Just saying.

Sent from my Senseless Doubleshot using xda premium
10th November 2011, 01:40 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
[QUOTE=dillalade;19224560]
Quote:

Lol @ android is built around gmail. Fukin hilllarious.
Is groups feature in contacts working??

So your saying its not??? Wow. Anyway. I can see the development future for this phone ain't looking to good. Might have load my g2 back up.

Sent from my Crack Injected Doubleshot using XDA Premium App
10th November 2011, 01:54 PM |#27  
OP Member

More
They ask you your gmail account because its part of the setup wizzard. You don't need gmail. Use htc email to access your gmail. GoogleFeedback and GoogleServiceFramework are the only one need. Other are extra and can be use without gmail even the contact and calendar. Setup gmail as exchange server and you good to go. Set as gmail you need the addon sync adapter. This is why it is not included. Its extra. You like them install the addon patch.
I like to install not uninstall files. Like everybody else.
10th November 2011, 02:03 PM |#28  
Flag Las Vegas, Nevada

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

They ask you your gmail account because its part of the setup wizzard. You don't need gmail. Use htc email to access your gmail. GoogleFeedback and GoogleServiceFramework are the only one need. Other are extra and can be use without gmail even the contact and calendar. Setup gmail as exchange server and you good to go. Set as gmail you need the addon sync adapter. This is why it is not included. Its extra. You like them install the addon patch.
I like to install not uninstall files. Like everybody else.

Whatever, its Your ROM. You are removing vital stuff people use. Things u Consider "bloat" isnt really bloat.

10th November 2011, 02:03 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 87

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadk9

Never take away gmail. The android OS is built around gmail. No gmail no android. Welcome to Doubleshot.

Undeadk9 lol that was kind of blunt.

Cedde android os almost needs gmail. People use it to sync contacts and backup stuff. Btw you consider this sense custom rom right? I'm going to add it to the compendium later. Along with other updates.

sent from my sense on crack MT4G Slide using xda premium
10th November 2011, 02:17 PM |#30  
Flag Las Vegas, Nevada

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidmoder

Undeadk9 lol that was kind of blunt.

Cedde android os almost needs gmail. People use it to sync contacts and backup stuff. Btw you consider this sense custom rom right? I'm going to add it to the compendium later. Along with other updates.

sent from my sense on crack MT4G Slide using xda premium

Now that i read it again i screwed up the wording. Didnt mean to Make it sound blunt like that.

10th November 2011, 02:17 PM |#31  
OP Member

More
If people want gmail, one nice app call MARKET should do the trick!
Again this ROM doesn't have extra. Lite is its name.

Gmail.apk have nothing to do with [email protected] to use Android! lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)