Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Hello everyone. I decided to start this thread so we would have a new outlet to discuss root, not having it, and anything else that pertains to rooting the US Snapdragon variant (or any locked bootloader Snapdragon for that matter).

I for one do like root on Samsung devices. I feel that the services, logging, etc that Samsung puts on these phones is at best excessive, at worst, a violation of privacy. I use root o disable these services and anything that I don't believes warrants running in the background.

I also like to use host level ad blocking which can only be done with root (AFAIK).

So, the poll asks the question...

Do you want root?

Last edited:

Kcrick

Sep 21, 2010
I personally love flashing custom roms on my android devices and that's the main reason I want root on this device. There was a thread before but it got locked, apparently we only have like 1 person working on root and that was then - don't know if that has since changed. I personally don't know much about the process and don't even know where to begin learning how to accomplish something like this. I offered help before but was quickly informed there was nothing I can do to "help" without vast amounts of this type of knowledge.

Scott

Reactions: Nissandrifter

Scott

I personally love flashing custom roms on my android devices and that's the main reason I want root on this device. There was a thread before but it got locked, apparently we only have like 1 person working on root and that was then - don't know if that has since changed. I personally don't know much about the process and don't even know where to begin learning how to accomplish something like this. I offered help before but was quickly informed there was nothing I can do to "help" without vast amounts of this type of knowledge.

Yeah, I would really like to build a ROM. Its been couple years and I got that itch to optimize my phone.

Reactions: buddahj

storm68

Sep 8, 2010
Orlando
Yeah, I would really like to build a ROM. Its been couple years and I got that itch to optimize my phone.

Since your a recognized developer you just might be the person we need. If you have the time that is. I wasn't really into rooting this phone but now I have the itch too. Lol

IndDoc

Sep 26, 2011
Nope, the only reason I used to root on all my phones was to get rid of the ads. Now with apps available to do the same, I don't feel the need to root.

tiliarou

Oct 13, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I want root for xposed and/or magisk.
Otherwise to disable packages I use adhell 3 (no root needed) as I don't want to trip Knox yet...

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

I want root for xposed and/or magisk.
Otherwise to disable packages I use adhell 3 (no root needed) as I don't want to trip Knox yet...

hollisnh

Aug 1, 2011
Yes... I want to have control over the device. for privacy, customization, optimization, TWRP/Titanium backups, remove silly warnings, extend device life post mfg support, etc
Imagine buying a car and not being able to open up the hood........................................ total BS........

Reactions: Archimedes660

Scott

Why not make a thread for people who want a million dollars too? Of course we all want root! However, I am no longer working on it, which now leaves ZERO Devs working on it. They/We have all left the device. It's looking rather bleek guys/gals.

Hey Guy, please don't post nonsense in my thread. You have no clue who is working on what. You pretend like you some sort of developer and you know how to crack this system but when I asked you what you accomplished or even looked at you didn't really seam to have a clue. Also, someone working on root doesn't talk about it... They just do it.

All of your posts in that thread were atrocious. You are a very rude, ill mannered person that lacks any communication skills.

So please... Stop posting rude, unneeded comments in this thread!

lightninbug

Sep 17, 2009
Hey Guy, please don't post nonsense in my thread. You have no clue who is working on what. You pretend like you some sort of developer and you know how to crack this system but when I asked you what you accomplished or even looked at you didn't really seam to have a clue. Also, someone working on root doesn't talk about it... They just do it.

All of your posts in that thread were atrocious. You are a very rude, ill mannered person that lacks any communication skills.

Just because I'm telling you want you don't want to hear, doesn't mean I'm being rude. Did I call you any names? No I did not. I have been EXTENSIVELY working on rootting our device. Me and several (14) others started in telegram about a week or two after the device was released. Over time people left for Exynos, gave up, or went for other devices, leaving it to just me. And now I have moved on.

I'm letting you know that there are NO KNOWN BIG Devs working on rooting the snapdragon S9+. Is there someone working on it silently, that isn't known to this community/others, or has no previous exploit releases? I can't speak for that. I can speak for myself and others who were working on it, we are on to other projects now.

We put well over 200+ hours into it. Again, there's no way to fully "write up" what we all tried....We did all the OBVIOUS, and MORE. I have more important things to do with my time, than to write you a report as to what we did. Be glad you got this much of an explanation. The root was that much of a concern to you you would have been in the boat (telegram chat) since the beginning. Good luck on root, and good luck finding any andvanced developers to work on it for you.

TLDR: Keep praying for "Joe Schmo" to release root for you guys. There are absolutely zero WELL KNOWN developers working on it. SORRY IF IT'S BLUNT AND NOT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR.

And to OP.. Prove me wrong.

Last edited:

Son Rise

Sep 8, 2009
Hello everyone. I decided to start this thread so we would have a new outlet to discuss root, not having it, and anything else that pertains to rooting the US Snapdragon variant (or any locked bootloader Snapdragon for that matter).

I for one do like root on Samsung devices. I feel that the services, logging, etc that Samsung puts on these phones is at best excessive, at worst, a violation of privacy. I use root o disable these services and anything that I don't believes warrants running in the background.

I also like to use host level ad blocking which can only be done with root (AFAIK).

Do you want root?

For Which devices US S9s.

Sent from my SM-G965U using XDA Free mobile app

DaPoets

Jul 10, 2007
Beverly Hills, CA
I use Samsung Pay as my primary means of payment on a daily basis so much that if it wasn't for needing a physical drivers licenses I would just leave my wallet at home at this point. If Root breaks Samsung Pay then it's not something I would want.

Reactions: Scott

Scott

I use Samsung Pay as my primary means of payment on a daily basis so much that if it wasn't for needing a physical drivers licenses I would just leave my wallet at home at this point. If Root breaks Samsung Pay then it's not something I would want.

Thats a real good point! I feel the same way. I have been thinking alot about a digital D/L that would be stored on your phone. If that could happen, I would no longer need a wallet. I think all but one of my credit and debit cards are on Samsung Pay.

kimLJT

I do really love rooting most specially for blocking ads, since non root adblocker used VPN to omit ads which compare to root can be easily add via hosts file without additional software/task (which obviously draining additional battery). also my wifi tools can be run via root only. and wanted to do more and it is only possibe via rooted phone.

though there is a rooting method already in here but seems i cant keep up on that much besides I cant use any pc for now. is rooting like flashing zip file possible as what older devices can be easily did? or way more easier rooting method than currently in here is way much better.

thanks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ using XDA Labs

VICosPhi

Aug 2, 2010
Phoenix
Root is a must! Phones these days are like computers and when I pay $$$ for a flagship phone, I expect I get "full control" over my device. Samsung Pay is "nice to have" but Viper for audio, Adaway, Titanium backup, TWRP are a must to enjoy my device to its full extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Do you want root?
    I am still trying folks but seems im the only one, literally lmao
    my phones already cool lad, with or without themes, you still on the S2 I guess. :D

So when root does happen I expect you won't be using it lol

FYI I picked up an S9+ and have been looking into root :).. it's slow moving however as I also work full time and pretty much working on my own
    Why not make a thread for people who want a million dollars too? Of course we all want root! However, I am no longer working on it, which now leaves ZERO Devs working on it. They/We have all left the device. It's looking rather bleek guys/gals.

Hey guys, I finally gave up. The haters won! I decided to move on... I had a great time with my S9+ but can you guess whats in this box? If so hit thanks because I am closing this thread and heading over to the Note9 forums (Hint!)

There is an amazing story behind this picture that I will share that regards veterans like myself that will make some people smile. But right now I am going to post this pic and... :victory:

attachment.php