FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE} Unlock p769/ms769 Bootloader for NOOBS Revisited.

57 posts
Thanks Meter: 19
 
By roamingrican, Member on 26th December 2013, 05:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th December 2013, 07:59 PM |#21  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingrican

Can you link that post? I'll put it into the guide if that's the case.

Sent from my kick ass KitKat CM11.0 lg MS769

Honestly not sure where I found it.. it's kuma_test_recovery.zip though.. but, it didn't work.. even waited an hour.. no reboots after installing radio.zip (wifi and all that was already on), backwards purple lg logo, everything went flawless except for the unlocking part..

but my steps were factory reset v10d, flashed tmo v10e, did all the necessary settings adjustments, flashed v20b, ran that script, rebooted into recovery, flashed radio.zip, restarted, then let it sit for an hour (wifi was already on, had mobile data)..

ONLY thing out of the norm was while flashing v20b LG update tool crashed once it went into SW upgrade mode.. just reset the computer (left phone on) and retried and it was fine..

I'll try the l9root method tonight..

till i can find the post or you do, https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...t_recovery.zip it definately helps restoring back to stock none the less..
The Following User Says Thank You to travioso For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift travioso Ad-Free
 
 
26th December 2013, 08:13 PM |#22  
roamingrican's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
The fact that you had the inverted blue logo tells me you got unbelievably close. I don't know the story with the newer chips being unlockable, I've only heard rumblings about it. Hopefully its a matter of the root method and not a matter of the chip being unlockable. Thanks for being brave enough to go through it again. When you try it later make sure you open a webpage on mobile data to make sure you have a connection.

Sent from my kick ass KitKat CM11.0 lg MS769
26th December 2013, 08:29 PM |#23  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingrican

What version did you come from?

And what was the date underneath your battery?

Did you get the blue reversed lg logo on the v20 boot?

Sent from my kick ass KitKat CM11.0 lg MS769

i came from metros v10D

and yea i got the blue reversed lg logo.
I followed your guide step by step. even made sure connection worded with data on then tested it with wifi on and everything was working as it should. waited an hour. and when i did the command it just rebooted.
26th December 2013, 08:33 PM |#24  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingrican

The fact that you had the inverted blue logo tells me you got unbelievably close. I don't know the story with the newer chips being unlockable, I've only heard rumblings about it. Hopefully its a matter of the root method and not a matter of the chip being unlockable. Thanks for being brave enough to go through it again. When you try it later make sure you open a webpage on mobile data to make sure you have a connection.

Sent from my kick ass KitKat CM11.0 lg MS769

I've had that blue logo i don't know how many times lol.. At least now it's to the point of being able to revert back to pretty easily.. as long as i have the time and can decommision my phone at the time I'm willing to try.. want this thing unlocked.. did you by chance fastboot any other u+x? before the final attempt? I tried the ics u+x from the p760 before flashing v20b once but still nothing.. I'll try it a few diff ways with with v10e in the middle when I can.. seeing that you tried at least 30 times with no luck lets me know you've tried alot that doesn't too lol.. so this is the most promising shot I have at the moment..

Also, just because I failed shouldn't discourage others from trying.. one thing I've learned is every phone is different.. for instance, same model esteem, same build date everything, one could OC to 1400 stable and the other to 1900..
26th December 2013, 08:49 PM |#25  
roamingrican's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Damn, I was hoping I had stumbled upon xda gold here because even though I had the reversed screen / wacky touchscreen dozens of times. The lg logo was always red this set of steps was the first time it had turned blue. I guess its still just luck of the draw. Maybe its true about the newer versions being unlockable. Anyone with a pre June 2013 date on their phone want to try?

Sent from my kick ass KitKat CM11.0 lg MS769
The Following User Says Thank You to roamingrican For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift roamingrican Ad-Free
26th December 2013, 09:38 PM |#26  
flyers00's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Marlton
Thanks Meter: 360
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingrican

Damn, I was hoping I had stumbled upon xda gold here because even though I had the reversed screen / wacky touchscreen dozens of times. The lg logo was always red this set of steps was the first time it had turned blue. I guess its still just luck of the draw. Maybe its true about the newer versions being unlockable. Anyone with a pre June 2013 date on their phone want to try?

Sent from my kick ass KitKat CM11.0 lg MS769

Th eonly date I see is on the battery itself. I just got the P769 (T-Mobile) 2 weeks ago as a replacement. The date is 11/2012
26th December 2013, 09:55 PM |#27  
roamingrican's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Its on the white sticker in the battery compartment under the battery about 2 mm down and in from the upper left corner of the sticker. Next to "LG" and below "DATE"

Sent from my kick ass KitKat CM11.0 lg MS769
26th December 2013, 10:13 PM |#28  
flyers00's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Marlton
Thanks Meter: 360
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingrican

Its on the white sticker in the battery compartment under the battery about 2 mm down and in from the upper left corner of the sticker. Next to "LG" and below "DATE"

Sent from my kick ass KitKat CM11.0 lg MS769

I checked the label again, all i have is Serial # and IME on it. Ill wait it out and see how everything goes
26th December 2013, 10:55 PM |#29  
roamingrican's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerdox

You should fix links ;/

Links Fixed
The Following User Says Thank You to roamingrican For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift roamingrican Ad-Free
26th December 2013, 10:57 PM |#30  
roamingrican's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers00

I checked the label again, all i have is Serial # and IME on it. Ill wait it out and see how everything goes

My date is on that same label right above the imei... what carrier did yours come from originally? maybe metro does it different?
26th December 2013, 10:58 PM |#31  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingrican

My date is on that same label right above the imei... what carrier did yours come from originally? maybe metro does it different?

mine is metro.. that's where it is..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ms769, noob, p769, unlock bootloader

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes