Get a new Nook Color Stock Charge Cable Free

Search This thread

superman_legendary

Jul 15, 2010
Birmingham
As many of you'll know by now the Nook Color stock cable tip break easily and a stock replacement is expensive. To top it off its the ONLY cable that will fast charge your Nook Color. Well I have some good news. After writing a bad review of the cable on their website after my second one bent which I had to pay $30 for since the cable wasn't available separately then. I talked to a Barnes and Noble worker and they gave me this number:

1.Call 1-800-The-Book and go digital products from the prompts then Nook Color.

You must have your serial number and the email you registered your Nook with. When you talk to a representative tell them you need a replacement cable for your Nook Color. After you give them your information they will ship you a new one completely free.

2. The fastest way is to go to or call your local Barnes & Noble and tell them you heard that if you bring a broken Nook Color cable in they could replace it for free.

Both methods worked for me but I'm 100% sure method one should work if and when you need a new cable.

Hope this helps everyone.

Last edited:

n3cr0tic

May 1, 2011
Thank you so much, I cracked my cable about 1 day after I got it and it's been funky ever since.
That's the only gripe I have about this product, the cable is ghey... but I just did it and it was free, thanks!

Taosaur

May 4, 2011
Ohiopolis
taosaur.blogspot.com
Ha, I'm surprised anyone needs these instructions--I'm about the worst person in the world for following up on warranty, rebates, servicing and the like, but when the corner chipped off the mini-USB plug casing after 3 weeks ownership, the first thing I did was look up the customer service number. I had to call them back because of some glitch with the computer recognizing my warranty, but a replacement should be on the way.

The old cord is still functional and they don't want it back, so I guess I have a backup.

deolarte

Nov 4, 2007
technewsbydj.blogspot.com
This works, it took 5 mins over the phone and he will send me both the usb cable and charger, he asked me if the charger worked, I told him it takes forever to charge and he said he will send me both just in case free of charge. It takes 3-5 days for usb cable and 10 days for both. Who cares its free. Thanks.

bobo12

Jun 17, 2009
I don't believe they make you send it in, but don't abuse the system for the rest of us because you want a second charger.

bled82

Nov 14, 2009
Fort Worth
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G
I don't believe they make you send it in, but don't abuse the system for the rest of us because you want a second charger.

Well this would be nice to know if you where to lose your cable while traveling . Also when a multi million dollar business trys to sell you a cable for $30 dollars that is only worth 15 or 20 at most even after mark up for profit , I would not call it abuse for one or even hundrends of user to take advantage of getting a free second cable . Now how ever if you got several replacements and sold them on ebay then yes that would be abuse and unethical but thanks ill try and not order one right away cause I don't want b&n to shutdown this excellent warrenty policy over one false calm .

Gin1212

Jan 26, 2011
Well this would be nice to know if you where to lose your cable while traveling . Also when a multi million dollar business trys to sell you a cable for $30 dollars that is only worth 15 or 20 at most even after mark up for profit , I would not call it abuse for one or even hundrends of user to take advantage of getting a free second cable . Now how ever if you got several replacements and sold them on ebay then yes that would be abuse and unethical but thanks ill try and not order one right away cause I don't want b&n to shutdown this excellent warrenty policy over one false calm .
I think if you continually tried this they would probably refuse after a certain point.

That said, I'm surprised others didn't know about this =\, lol.

tomofak

Apr 15, 2011
Anchorage
RE: ordering a USB cord and charger

Well, read this post on the 25th of May and called the Barn n' Noble customer service line number and told them that end of the usb cord with the n was broken off and I also told the rep about the charger getting hot. So they said they would send on out via UPS and be here in 3 days. ... Well I called this morning and asked where my cord and charger are. They said that they never sent it as they don't have my correct address. I said, my billing and shipping address are both the same. So this time they said that it was going to be here in 3 days again. They also said that there should be a email message telling me the details. Whcih should be in my inbox within 5 to 10 minutes.. No email. and now they are closed. I am about at wits end with B n N.

danvee

Jan 3, 2009
Soggy New Jersey
Well, read this post on the 25th of May and called the Barn n' Noble customer service line number and told them that end of the usb cord with the n was broken off and I also told the rep about the charger getting hot. So they said they would send on out via UPS and be here in 3 days. ... Well I called this morning and asked where my cord and charger are. They said that they never sent it as they don't have my correct address. I said, my billing and shipping address are both the same. So this time they said that it was going to be here in 3 days again. They also said that there should be a email message telling me the details. Whcih should be in my inbox within 5 to 10 minutes.. No email. and now they are closed. I am about at wits end with B n N.
In my case it took 2 phone calls and one chat session to get it done.
I did get the replacement items within a week of the first call, but it took a chat follow-up (where they found no record of the original call) and then a second call (all over a course of 3 days) to finally get them.
To this moment, however, I've not gotten a single email concerning the issue.
I guess you've just got to be persistent.
They're probably overwhelmed and understaffed, but, I must say, all of the people I'd dealt with were unfailingly nice (if not efficient).

Taosaur

May 4, 2011
Ohiopolis
taosaur.blogspot.com
In my case it took 2 phone calls and one chat session to get it done.
I did get the replacement items within a week of the first call, but it took a chat follow-up (where they found no record of the original call) and then a second call (all over a course of 3 days) to finally get them.
To this moment, however, I've not gotten a single email concerning the issue.
I guess you've just got to be persistent.
They're probably overwhelmed and understaffed, but, I must say, all of the people I'd dealt with were unfailingly nice (if not efficient).

That was pretty much my experience, too, minus the chat. The first rep at least told me that he had some kind of problem and I should call back in a couple days to confirm a replacement was coming. On the second call, it was pretty clear she could find no record of the first call. The only email I received was a satisfaction survey for the first call, but my cord did show up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As many of you'll know by now the Nook Color stock cable tip break easily and a stock replacement is expensive. To top it off its the ONLY cable that will fast charge your Nook Color. Well I have some good news. After writing a bad review of the cable on their website after my second one bent which I had to pay $30 for since the cable wasn't available separately then. I talked to a Barnes and Noble worker and they gave me this number:

1.Call 1-800-The-Book and go digital products from the prompts then Nook Color.

You must have your serial number and the email you registered your Nook with. When you talk to a representative tell them you need a replacement cable for your Nook Color. After you give them your information they will ship you a new one completely free.

2. The fastest way is to go to or call your local Barnes & Noble and tell them you heard that if you bring a broken Nook Color cable in they could replace it for free.

Both methods worked for me but I'm 100% sure method one should work if and when you need a new cable.

Hope this helps everyone.
    Can a moderator please sticky this. A thanks push is appreciated also if the info helped you.
    For those of you on a custom rom and can't find your serial number, its also listed on the microSD slot flap...

Just for future reference though, is there a way to see your NC's serial number in settings on CM7?
    Has anyone outside from US received a free cable?
    Free Cable

Just thought I would share this. The tip broke off my charger cable. Then I read this thread. I took my nook and the broken cable to the local Barnes&Noble store and talked to the nook "girl". I said I heard a rumor that you guys could replace this for me for free. She said I have to check with my manager. She made a phone call and then said. Sure.. no problem and handed me a new one.

She didn't check warranty or serial number or anything.