[SUPPORT/REVIEW THREAD] WanHU 2.2.1 with Mioze7Ae Patch

Search This thread

sohrab.naushad

Apr 24, 2011
Peshawar
Okay, I'm creating this thread so that all users can post their experiences/bugs here because its annoying some of the devs when people post questions in the dev threads. So all you guys like me who need to ask questions or talk about this ROM please post here. I hope they will be kind enough here to answer everyones questions.

I flashed this ROM 3 days ago and I have to say im pretty goddamned impressed. A few words and questions.

First off, I love the stock look from 2.1. 6 Bars for signals, stock moto launcher. That has got to be the most important for me because everytime I flashed a froyo build the launcher would include just the app drawer and no dialer or message buttons like in stock 2.1. The haptic feedback is crisp and works in a few places. Like the dialer and 4 buttons below. The thing I love most about this ROM is is the built in moto LED notifications. I always missed that on the froyo builds and tried using apps like LEDme now and others but it just didnt cut it. The media button works. Its really fast and overclocked its a beauty. The only problem I found with the dialer was the number format and I dont know WHY that should be a problem for anyone. A cool thing I noticed with the dialer was you can block calls from inside the dialer. Love the stock appearance. Okay I dont know what issues you guys have with SMS. All I did was install keyboard for gingerbread longpressed the text input space and chose the input method. It replaced the stock keyboard and everything is fine. The SMS has nice solid black background compared to the grey in dexters and CB's which I assume saves battery. Also you have extra SMS options like pop ups. All apps work great and fast. Over clocked at 1000 mhz, 74 vsel it works as a charm. I use autokiller at moderate and never felt any lessening of RAM or slowing of the phone. About the APN settings yes I cant choose them but for some reason it picked up the settings itself and my data connection is active. I have an unlimited plan so its always on, for those who dont theres a power control app called switch pro you can turn off data along with another bunch of functions. Its basically an extended power control menu. It also has a nice UI. Camera works nicely and over all I just love the stock feel. I have had no signal problems its actually really good. WIFI signals are keeping well even though my router is far away and with froyo I used to get only 1 bar. Apps like Google+ work nicely.

Issues/Questions: I fastbooted into fjfalcons boot4.img. For some reason it became really slow and I had to reboot without it and now its fine. In set CPU half of my swap was active without even running any apps. I use 91 mb linux swap on my SD card like in reverends video from the old khal rom days. Besides that I want to ask about the super sleep mode button, what does it do? When do i activate it? How does it work? etc. By the way im using M7's patch with extended menu's. Umm besides that I tried installing root explorer but it already has its own korean RE, and I cant install root explorer on top because it says system app cant remove. Theres also another browser which in in korean but I just ignored that.

Besides that I have had no Issues with this ROM. Seems very solid and suitable for everyday use. I flashed directly from CB's froyo without reformatting my SD. All my apps were preserved and I had no issues booting this ROM up. I did loose the calvin bootloader img in the start which is now replaced by the official moto M and a sexy T logo after works. All in all I feel this is a keeper, after trying literally every ROM on this forum atleast 2 dozen times. Thats my review as a normal moderate user. I don't play many hardcore games and use my phone for calling, sms, browsing and photos.

Please post your opinions and experiences. And any bugs. Thanks!

Last edited:

spectacle

May 10, 2011
How is it's speed compared to miui? does it beat miui?

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using XDA App

cancrippler

Aug 23, 2009
If the dialer and messaging were fixed (americanized), I bet cincy bell would backtrack and call this the official update, especially with a swype keyboard.

Sent from my XT720 using XDA App

khankuan

Sep 20, 2010
Just curious, does swype really feels that great? Cos im using swiftkey and i feel that i type much better there :/

syrenz

Nov 21, 2010
I'm not a huge fan of swype. My favorite keyboard actually is the stock gingerbread keyboard. I really fly with that one.

cancrippler

Aug 23, 2009
Swype is perfect for me when it understands my words correctly.

syrenz

Nov 21, 2010
Swype is perfect for me when it understands my words correctly.

Yeah, well that's kind of the issue. Sometimes works well and types fast, other times it misses my words. Too many misses makes the gingerbread keyboard my default for speed and reliability.

cancrippler

Aug 23, 2009
But Swype also lets you type normally as well as swype to type.

sohrab.naushad

Apr 24, 2011
Peshawar
How is it's speed compared to miui? does it beat miui?

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using XDA App

I think the speed is comparable to miui, but its way more stable with very few reboots or any other problems. Could someone comment on the battery life? I'm getting a day with low use. I flashed from the CB Froyo does that make any difference if I don't flash 2.1 Korean first. Kernel issues?

Sent from my XT720 using XDA Premium App

V

Vistaus

Nice review! But how did you get LED-notifications to work? They don't work here w/o LEDmeknow.

Battery life here is somewhere between 2.1 stock and 2.2-ROMS on here.

sohrab.naushad

Apr 24, 2011
Peshawar
Nice review! But how did you get LED-notifications to work? They don't work here w/o LEDmeknow.

Battery life here is somewhere between 2.1 stock and 2.2-ROMS on here.

It was in the display options. LED Notifications and periodic notifications just like in 2.1. After I selected them I got the flashing 4 bottom LED's which would stop after a few seconds and restart every 4-5 minutes.

My battery life for me sucked bad even after calibration, so I flashed stock 2.1 signapore sbf to see if that changes anything. I heard there are kernel issues if you dont go back to stock. Also memory leaks.

hellmonger

Oct 9, 2010
Laval
Okay, I'm creating this thread so that all users can post their experiences/bugs here because its annoying some of the devs when people post questions in the dev threads. So all you guys like me who need to ask questions or talk about this ROM please post here. I hope they will be kind enough here to answer everyones questions.!

Im being an annoying DEV because of morons that post **** like this in a thread about a Deving from 2.1 stock to WanHu's then applying the Deved patches.

Ps..I installed wanhu straight over dex 1.3 and was working perfect straight from the start...or so I thought ...I think cos I used mybackup and saved and then restored "system settings" in the upgrade process.

Im on stock 2.1 and rooted, i use link2sd too. i also see

And on and on.... no relevance.

Last edited:

cancrippler

Aug 23, 2009
Im being an annoying DEV because of morons that post **** like this in a thread about a Deving from 2.1 stock to WanHu's then applying the Deved patches.

Ps..I installed wanhu straight over dex 1.3 and was working perfect straight from the start...or so I thought ...I think cos I used mybackup and saved and then restored "system settings" in the upgrade process.

Relax. He didn't say you were annoying, he respects you guys and doesn't want to annoy you in that thread.

I for one can't wait till you guys get the phone numbers fixed. This rom will rock!

Reactions: JiroPrinz8

sohrab.naushad

Apr 24, 2011
Peshawar

Lol, im sorry but I didn't understand whether you're happy or pissed off about this thread. Hopefully its the former, and thanks again for all the good work!

sohrab.naushad

Apr 24, 2011
Peshawar
Just a small update. I was getting really crappy battery life, so I decided to flash the stock singapore SBF and then reflash WanHu's ROM. I took it right from scratch. Root with Universal android root which is so much easier than superoneclick. I tried superoneclick though and it didnt work, maybe because i was trying to do it under MONO in linux. After that I applied the Mioz Patch!

Okay here's where the weirdness starts. First all you guys must remember that annoying ugly korean keyboard and the weird gestures keyboard in the sms, well after the sbf flash my ROM has kept its old android 2.1 keyboard WITH the original haptic feedback. This wasnt there when I flashed directly from the CB froyo. Also Im getting haptic feedback on long touch in the homescreen along with the 4 LED buttons.

Hope this helps. Im going to do some more exploring!

EDIT: Okay so the keyboard is FC on me. It was fine when I was putting in my google info :(

Last edited:

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Just a small update. I was getting really crappy battery life, so I decided to flash the stock singapore SBF and then reflash WanHu's ROM. I took it right from scratch. Root with Universal android root which is so much easier than superoneclick. I tried superoneclick though and it didnt work, maybe because i was trying to do it under MONO in linux. After that I applied the Mioz Patch!

Okay here's where the weirdness starts. First all you guys must remember that annoying ugly korean keyboard and the weird gestures keyboard in the sms, well after the sbf flash my ROM has kept its old android 2.1 keyboard WITH the original haptic feedback. This wasnt there when I flashed directly from the CB froyo. Also Im getting haptic feedback on long touch in the homescreen along with the 4 LED buttons.

Hope this helps. Im going to do some more exploring!

EDIT: Okay so the keyboard is FC on me. It was fine when I was putting in my google info :(

I get haptic feedback with long press now over the cbw sbf. And I have 3 and a half out of the 4 flashing led's. I think he said the only thing that won't work without flashing over korean sbf was the tv out. I don't currently use tv out (no cable) but i plan too so can you test this for us bud?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, I'm creating this thread so that all users can post their experiences/bugs here because its annoying some of the devs when people post questions in the dev threads. So all you guys like me who need to ask questions or talk about this ROM please post here. I hope they will be kind enough here to answer everyones questions.

I flashed this ROM 3 days ago and I have to say im pretty goddamned impressed. A few words and questions.

First off, I love the stock look from 2.1. 6 Bars for signals, stock moto launcher. That has got to be the most important for me because everytime I flashed a froyo build the launcher would include just the app drawer and no dialer or message buttons like in stock 2.1. The haptic feedback is crisp and works in a few places. Like the dialer and 4 buttons below. The thing I love most about this ROM is is the built in moto LED notifications. I always missed that on the froyo builds and tried using apps like LEDme now and others but it just didnt cut it. The media button works. Its really fast and overclocked its a beauty. The only problem I found with the dialer was the number format and I dont know WHY that should be a problem for anyone. A cool thing I noticed with the dialer was you can block calls from inside the dialer. Love the stock appearance. Okay I dont know what issues you guys have with SMS. All I did was install keyboard for gingerbread longpressed the text input space and chose the input method. It replaced the stock keyboard and everything is fine. The SMS has nice solid black background compared to the grey in dexters and CB's which I assume saves battery. Also you have extra SMS options like pop ups. All apps work great and fast. Over clocked at 1000 mhz, 74 vsel it works as a charm. I use autokiller at moderate and never felt any lessening of RAM or slowing of the phone. About the APN settings yes I cant choose them but for some reason it picked up the settings itself and my data connection is active. I have an unlimited plan so its always on, for those who dont theres a power control app called switch pro you can turn off data along with another bunch of functions. Its basically an extended power control menu. It also has a nice UI. Camera works nicely and over all I just love the stock feel. I have had no signal problems its actually really good. WIFI signals are keeping well even though my router is far away and with froyo I used to get only 1 bar. Apps like Google+ work nicely.

Issues/Questions: I fastbooted into fjfalcons boot4.img. For some reason it became really slow and I had to reboot without it and now its fine. In set CPU half of my swap was active without even running any apps. I use 91 mb linux swap on my SD card like in reverends video from the old khal rom days. Besides that I want to ask about the super sleep mode button, what does it do? When do i activate it? How does it work? etc. By the way im using M7's patch with extended menu's. Umm besides that I tried installing root explorer but it already has its own korean RE, and I cant install root explorer on top because it says system app cant remove. Theres also another browser which in in korean but I just ignored that.

Besides that I have had no Issues with this ROM. Seems very solid and suitable for everyday use. I flashed directly from CB's froyo without reformatting my SD. All my apps were preserved and I had no issues booting this ROM up. I did loose the calvin bootloader img in the start which is now replaced by the official moto M and a sexy T logo after works. All in all I feel this is a keeper, after trying literally every ROM on this forum atleast 2 dozen times. Thats my review as a normal moderate user. I don't play many hardcore games and use my phone for calling, sms, browsing and photos.

Please post your opinions and experiences. And any bugs. Thanks!

Relax. He didn't say you were annoying, he respects you guys and doesn't want to annoy you in that thread.

I for one can't wait till you guys get the phone numbers fixed. This rom will rock!

This not have steelblue theme?

No this is the stock WanHu, I like the stock look. The Steelepicblue theme, in another thread you can check it there.
    Hi everyone,

my question is really stupid, i'm aware of that...but i couldn't find Mioze7ae's patch anywhere..could anybody link this idiot (me, of course) to the post to download it? Thanks a lot!

Here ya go..

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15565482&postcount=190