[Q] icy glitch v14 usb host mode for cm7?

Search This thread

ice.candi

Feb 2, 2012
Edison
I have a vzw fassy running cm7.1 stable with glitch 13.1 kernel...I really like cm7 and the glitch kernel (primarily for voodoo sound) have everything running fast and stable, but i'm trying to get it to use otg or usb host mode which i see glitch v14 has...I really don't want to switch roms...is there anyway glitch v14 can be used for cm7? Or are there any kernels that incorporate voodoo sound and usb host for cm7...I tried to go on the developers site for glitch to ask the developer directly, but being I don't ask many questions (i can usually find my answers with some research) so i'm not yet allowed to post there...all I really want to be able to do is hook up a flash drive or sd card reader/writer for extra storage so I can move/view/play pictures/movies/music from an external source...anyway, I think I'm rambling now and I'm sure you get the point of what I'm trying to achieve so if anyone can help....please help...if you're a developer and would be willing to create a kernel for this i'd be more than happy to buy you a few beers =) btw, I have flashed a few ics roms...but for some reason I just simply don't like it so i'd much rather stay on cm7...please and hopefully thank you...

k_nivesout

Mar 27, 2011
There was talk of some of the v14 features getting backported to GB, but I'm not aware of anyone on the glitch team that's still using GB so it's probably not a high priority, I haven't really seen it mentioned lately. Can't really help aside from telling you what I've seen, I'm sorry. Some of the team post outside of the development section, they could probably answer better than I.

ice.candi

Feb 2, 2012
Edison
Yeah it seems that most have moved on to isc now...i found a onecosmic....i found a usb host driver that's supposedly for stock gb....but while it's for the vibrant captivate and other galaxy s phones...no fassy and i don't know if it would work on cm 7....it's what the usb host controller site led me to...i was thinking of just giving it a shot and hope for the best if i don't find anything else

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

k_nivesout

Mar 27, 2011
I'd exercise caution using things intended for different devices, but I haven't really researched USB host functionality so I don't know what kind of things you would be messing with to try to get that feature working.

ice.candi

Feb 2, 2012
Edison
Well i figure worst case i have a jig for download mode and all my files backed up on my pc....so odin is a wonderful thing...sooooo far i haven't gotten myself into anything i couldn't get out of with a little time...so i just need some time when i can be without my phone for a few hours...I'll give it a bit though n see if i can get some developer input on it

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
just use ics... I can't imagine there are any benefits to still using gingerbread. Ics is faster, smoother, prettier and has better battery.

Sent from my AOKP SCH-i500

ice.candi

Feb 2, 2012
Edison
Main reason i want to stay with cm7 is for the theme engine...i like my phone completely grayscale...not big into colors and from what i can find (unless im just looking in the wrong places) i have yet to find any completely black/grey/white themes for ics...i don't even use the stock app drawer because i can't make all the icons the same color...yes i believe i have ocd...lol...although im thinking of trying to learn to create themes...my hubby already complains i play with the pc and phone more than him...i may flash aokp today though and leave it on my phone for more than 5 minutes this time and see what i can do

icemanwbs

Aug 25, 2011
Pennsylvania
Main reason i want to stay with cm7 is for the theme engine...i like my phone completely grayscale...not big into colors and from what i can find (unless im just looking in the wrong places) i have yet to find any completely black/grey/white themes for ics...i don't even use the stock app drawer because i can't make all the icons the same color...yes i believe i have ocd...lol...although im thinking of trying to learn to create themes...my hubby already complains i play with the pc and phone more than him...i may flash aokp today though and leave it on my phone for more than 5 minutes this time and see what i can do

You can use LauncherPro and have all your apps in drawer white with any color wallpaper you want ( I use black ). AOKP 28 is very good choice, give it a try ! :D

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA

ice.candi

Feb 2, 2012
Edison
Yeah I've tried the gnex themes they all cause nothing but endless fcs and have to go back to odin every time and for some reason all the ics roms max out my ram space just from pre installed apps...amongst many other probs.

Ics and my phone just simply don't get along for some reason...i have someone looking into the host drivers for cm7 for me...if not i may go back to stock rooted gb whereas the drivers are available for that (although i haven't tried them yet)

mezster

Mar 31, 2011
Iowa
Yeah I've tried the gnex themes they all cause nothing but endless fcs and have to go back to odin every time and for some reason all the ics roms max out my ram space just from pre installed apps...amongst many other probs.

Ics and my phone just simply don't get along for some reason...i have someone looking into the host drivers for cm7 for me...if not i may go back to stock rooted gb whereas the drivers are available for that (although i haven't tried them yet)

Try the themes for nexus s, they work. I am running aokp m4 with blue_infinitum theme (all black with some ics blue left) and no fc's (except Gmail but wipe data in app and was fine). There is also a black_infinitum that replaces ics blues with whites (statusbar and such).

dwegiel

Mar 17, 2010
Chicago
Glitch V14 doesn't give me usb host or otg on my mesmerize in ics 4.0.3, whether its ths or aokp or gummynex. The usb host app verifies my usb otg adapter works fine, and I've tested my Y cable as well, but it is still to no avail. Any ideas?

ice.candi

Feb 2, 2012
Edison
Glitch V14 doesn't give me usb host or otg on my mesmerize in ics 4.0.3, whether its ths or aokp or gummynex. The usb host app verifies my usb otg adapter works fine, and I've tested my Y cable as well, but it is still to no avail. Any ideas?

Are you sure the y cable is a data usb cable and not just a charging cable? (i know i made that mistake originally)...it verified everything was working but wouldn't show any devices connected

there's also different settings in the usb host controller app for different usb speeds etc...make sure all the settings match up with what your using and trying to connect to...i got it working on aokp m4 after a few tweaks in the settings...that's about all i can give you...the whole usb host is still really new to me