FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT] ZTE z990g Merit (An avail variant?)

6,164 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,333

By jcase, Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor on 16th June 2012, 11:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th July 2012, 01:41 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
custom recovery
I was wondering if someone would make q custom recovery for this phone because the stock recovery is really bad

25th August 2012, 09:00 PM |#12  

More
Not working
I can't even get past step 2, I have the file installed and unzipped on both my computer and my smart phone. The only thing I can find to put in the codes is command prompt which says "error: device not found" when I type in adb shell. My ZTE Merit phone has very low internal memory due to all the retarded system apps that came on the phone, I would very much like some assistance removing them from my phone. I also downloaded superuser elite onto my phone and it doesn't show up with ANYTHING. The first page says
superuse v3.1.3(46)
tap to display changelog
elite installed
su binary not found
a check in the box "outdated binary notification
unchecked box, temp unroot (When tapped it does nothing)
unchecked box ota survival (Again when tapped it does nothing)

I scroll over to the apps section of the program and it says "No apps in list"
What am I doing wrong? This lack of space is quite irritating
29th August 2012, 07:18 AM |#13  
Flag City of San Fernando

More
Worked! :)
omg I've wanted to root my phone. Thank you thank you! I thought I would brick my phone at first.
6th October 2012, 04:09 AM |#14  
Flag Gettysburg
Thanks Meter: 1

More
SIM Carrier unlock a ZTE Merit Z990G Straight Talk
I'm currently a T mobile prepaid customer and received the Merit from a friend of mine for doing some painting. I have looked for a month now and had a few unlock websites fail at attempting to unlock the phone via the IMEI (which the phone does have ). I have attempted to put my tmobile sim in the Merit but there is NO place to enter an unlock code. I really DONT wanna change my service to straight talk and would be willing to pay a decent amount to anyone that is capable of unlocking this phone for use with tmobile. If you think you have what it takes PM me and i will give you the IMEI and we can work out a deal. I challenge ANYONE achieve the impossible and get me the unlock code and a way to input it into the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to derekj79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift derekj79 Ad-Free
14th October 2012, 12:35 PM |#15  
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Question Cannot get local.prop
I have waited 20 minutes after trying to create the local.prop file and it simply won't create it. Any suggestions?
17th October 2012, 06:20 PM |#16  

More
Can't get SU to upload
Hey I'm new to rooting android. I get to the point of installing SU but windows keeps telling me file not found. Would really like some help in fixing this issue. I have installed SU file to C:\Android\android-sdk\SU. Up to this point everything works fine.
adb push su /system/xbin/su
adb shell chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su
adb shell chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thnks
2nd November 2012, 09:41 AM |#17  

More
Help getting Started
Hey Anyone and everyone that may be online, I have a real quick and probably REALLY EASY question for ya... I'm trying to get started Rooting my ZTE Merit and I need to find out how to get to or where to find the screen where I type in the commands. I already downloaded the chainsdd zip file. So now I'm supposed to get shell with adb. If someone would be so kind and put me in the right general direction, I sure would
be grateful.

Thanks in advance,
Jason
18th November 2012, 09:23 AM |#18  
Flag Louisiana

More
Not a Damn thing...
Rather sad....I have everything going as it should....all input correct...still no root after final reboot...I followed every step to a T several times -rw-rw-rw- grrr...ive rooted many devices none this big of a pain in tha butt!

Used updated su binary on root just for fun...same result
2nd December 2012, 02:59 PM |#19  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 48

Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Help plz!
im a noob to this but have been messing around with ubuntu for some time now can someone show me step by step on how to root my zte merit plz? is there a video tut on how? i tried all the quick methods but they don't work, this one obviously does on this page, can someone help start me out plz, im learning still and love to learn more!

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Univarseman

I can't even get past step 2, I have the file installed and unzipped on both my computer and my smart phone. The only thing I can find to put in the codes is command prompt which says "error: device not found" when I type in adb shell. My ZTE Merit phone has very low internal memory due to all the retarded system apps that came on the phone, I would very much like some assistance removing them from my phone. I also downloaded superuser elite onto my phone and it doesn't show up with ANYTHING. The first page says
superuse v3.1.3(46)
tap to display changelog
elite installed
su binary not found
a check in the box "outdated binary notification
unchecked box, temp unroot (When tapped it does nothing)
unchecked box ota survival (Again when tapped it does nothing)

I scroll over to the apps section of the program and it says "No apps in list"
What am I doing wrong? This lack of space is quite irritating

help me, whats the first step then i can get the gearz in motion, i have not a clue on how to start this but if i do i can usually figure it out from them sometimes
6th December 2012, 12:16 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Start menu
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjflappy

Hey Anyone and everyone that may be online, I have a real quick and probably REALLY EASY question for ya... I'm trying to get started Rooting my ZTE Merit and I need to find out how to get to or where to find the screen where I type in the commands. I already downloaded the chainsdd zip file. So now I'm supposed to get shell with adb. If someone would be so kind and put me in the right general direction, I sure would
be grateful.

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Start menu then type CMD hit enter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ljbew For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ljbew Ad-Free
11th December 2012, 04:06 AM |#21  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1

More
help this phone is annoying me lol
I cant seem to root this phone no matter how hard i try. im not a noob at this. ive rooted phones, unlocked bootloaders, etc and this phone i just cant seem to do it. whenever i get to this line

rm /data/local/logs/kernel/log_kernel.txt
ln -s /data/local.prop /data/local/logs/kernel/log_kernel.tx

it saids permission denied. i cant get passed this step. please help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread