FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROOT] ZTE z990g Merit (An avail variant?)

6,251 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,635

By jcase, Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor on 17th June 2012, 12:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th December 2012, 05:06 AM |#21  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1

More
help this phone is annoying me lol
I cant seem to root this phone no matter how hard i try. im not a noob at this. ive rooted phones, unlocked bootloaders, etc and this phone i just cant seem to do it. whenever i get to this line

rm /data/local/logs/kernel/log_kernel.txt
ln -s /data/local.prop /data/local/logs/kernel/log_kernel.tx

it saids permission denied. i cant get passed this step. please help.

26th December 2012, 05:53 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Code:
adb remount
adb push su /system/xbin/su
adb shell chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su
adb shell chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
Clean up your mess!

Code:
adb shell rm /data/local.prop
adb shell rm -r /data/local/logs
Reboot, install the Superuser app from the market and enjoy

Code:
adb reboot
[/QUOTE]

ok ive tried this about 10 times and i have never been able to get the part where u push the su file to work. everything up until then works great but when i attempt that step it says the file does not exist. ive never even owned a android until i got this zte merit from net 10 for christmas and have never rooted a phone before. is there somewhere specific i should b saving the file? i am not too new at command line prompts but im no expert either. plz help because all of the bloatware is seriously killing the resources and is constantly forcing apps to close. any help would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 05:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecomputerdweeb

Code:
adb remount
adb push su /system/xbin/su
adb shell chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su
adb shell chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
Clean up your mess!

Code:
adb shell rm /data/local.prop
adb shell rm -r /data/local/logs
Reboot, install the Superuser app from the market and enjoy

Code:
adb reboot

ok ive tried this about 10 times and i have never been able to get the part where u push the su file to work. everything up until then works great but when i attempt that step it says the file does not exist. ive never even owned a android until i got this zte merit from net 10 for christmas and have never rooted a phone before. is there somewhere specific i should b saving the file? i am not too new at command line prompts but im no expert either. plz help because all of the bloatware is seriously killing the resources and is constantly forcing apps to close. any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

wait i figured it out and am only posting this so others who may have the same issue can find some help.

ok well the code goes adb push su /system/xbin/su
however, since i didnt put the su file where the code writer had implied ( which i still havent figured out exactly where that was, probably due to my failure to understand) i decided to expmeriment with a few variations. what i realized was the 'su' part of the command actually had to be the exact location of the file so in my case the code was
adb push C:\Users\Cassie\Desktop\su /system/xbin/su
i hope this helps anyone who was/is having the same issue.
sorry for being a pest
28th December 2012, 04:16 AM |#23  

More
wierd
i rooted my merit a few days ago, and ive noticed something wierd. all of my apps seem to notify me of msgs very slowly. skype wont recieve msgs for hours sometimes. this was the same before i rooted, but its worse now. facebook never notfiies me of anything anymore. i have to check it all the time, which is the exact reason i got the zte merit, so i wouldnt have to constantly be connected to get notifications. apps like the cachemate worked for the first few days but now it wont finish saying clearing cache. idk if thats because i did something wrong or what but thats why im posting. if theres somewhere else i should be doing this let me know and i will gladly go there. i just thought i could start here considering i used this guide to root. im using superuser per all of the reccomendations, but idk how other than to allow apps when it asks me. u can private msg me if you have a solution or just post back here. ill check as often as i can, but i have a daughter so its not gonna be like every hr or anything. pls help or ask questions so u can try to help me. this is the first time ive rooted b4 so im completely lost. thank you in advance!!!!
29th December 2012, 03:36 PM |#24  
Flag Louisiana

More
This doesnt work ...or there is something missing.....needs to be fixed or put in dead topics....tested on all variations At&t Net10 Straight Talk ZTE Merit (Avail) with the same result.....nothing after final reboot.
1st January 2013, 07:27 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
root cwm rom zte merit z990g
androidforums.com/introductions/670495-zte-merit-root-cwm-rom-no-pc-needed-root.html

this is the best method i have found. it has worked countless times for my friends and myself. hope u like it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to napalm6283 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift napalm6283 Ad-Free
2nd January 2013, 10:25 AM |#26  
Flag Westminster

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by napalm6283

androidforums.com/introductions/670495-zte-merit-root-cwm-rom-no-pc-needed-root.html

this is the best method i have found. it has worked countless times for my friends and myself. hope u like it

lol. How do yu suppose one gets the su binary on their phone to begin with? That's the whole point of rooting your phone, so if yu have su already installed, then that's just a waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveom25

This doesnt work ...or there is something missing.....needs to be fixed or put in dead topics....tested on all variations At&t Net10 Straight Talk ZTE Merit (Avail) with the same result.....nothing after final reboot.

Still works fine and dandy.
11th January 2013, 10:56 PM |#27  
Flag Westminster

More
Does anybody have the apk's for the system web browser (Browser.apk or Browser_2.3.6.apk) and the android market (Phonesky.apk) from the /system/apps folder? I'm making a backup update.zip and the ones on my phone have been altered.
22nd January 2013, 04:58 PM |#28  

More
Starting Place
I can't even seem to do the very first step of adb shell...?? help?
22nd January 2013, 06:22 PM |#29  
Flag Westminster

More
Re: [ROOT] ZTE z990g Merit (An avail variant?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandosauce

I can't even seem to do the very first step of adb shell...?? help?

Did yu turn on usb debugging?
19th February 2013, 06:43 PM |#30  

More
Re: [ROOT] ZTE z990g Merit (An avail variant?)
I used cloworkmod with a file on my sd card. Then flashed.the new rom from there. Make sure you create a backup of your stock rom first!!!
Clean cash install new rom and bam its really that easy.
I have theses files, ill look more into the rules on sharing. And possibly help you out if you are still haveing problems

zte merit, 777mhz, ics1.5
2nd March 2013, 05:27 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveom25

This method works fine .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread