[how to] compile and port win32 apps to Windows RT ARM

276 posts
Thanks Meter: 102

By no2chem, Senior Member on 13th January 2013, 04:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th August 2013, 08:07 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Is there some decent desktop mp3 player -port for RT?

and why is there no windows media player on desktop. it could have helped a lot and made the experience far better within desktop mode.

29th April 2014, 09:10 PM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbenannt

and why is there no windows media player on desktop. it could have helped a lot and made the experience far better within desktop mode.

You can use ffplay (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2368706). It is the player part of ffmpeg. It's what I use.
9th June 2014, 08:55 AM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I tried several times to port SDR# on my own but I can't get it to work. I am a beginner but want to use it on my Surface RT now.
Can somebody with some free time help me out on this?
http://sdrsharp.com/# is the download
11th June 2014, 06:57 PM |#84  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbenannt

How about Coolplayer? You can using Always-on mode to turn screen off with playing music.
You can see list of desktop apps here. => http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2092348
1st October 2016, 08:54 PM |#85  
Flag N0WH3R3 1N S9A)E
Thanks Meter: 603

More
nice guide
29th December 2017, 07:19 AM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rony raj

nice guide

Did you manage to run anything in 2017? Please reply even if you didn't
30th December 2017, 02:58 AM |#87  
Thanks Meter: 300

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thandiBear

Did you manage to run anything in 2017? Please reply even if you didn't

You can only build with VS2012
The Following User Says Thank You to Qiangong2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Qiangong2 Ad-Free
30th December 2017, 07:47 AM |#88  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiangong2

You can only build with VS2012

Thanks for replying... I thought this thread was dead already.
Another thing, where can I get the dll to lib tool from? The link in op takes me to another thread, whose download link does not work. I believe the whole process is easy to follow even if one has zero developing/programming experience

Long live surface RT
30th December 2017, 05:58 PM |#89  
Thanks Meter: 300

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thandiBear

Thanks for replying... I thought this thread was dead already.
Another thing, where can I get the dll to lib tool from? The link in op takes me to another thread, whose download link does not work. I believe the whole process is easy to follow even if one has zero developing/programming experience

Long live surface RT

The link is correct for the dll to lib tool. There is a download at the bottom of the first post. It's great that more people are getting interested in app porting for RT
30th December 2017, 07:32 PM |#90  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiangong2

The link is correct for the dll to lib tool. There is a download at the bottom of the first post. It's great that more people are getting interested in app porting for RT

My surface was just collecting dust in a closet until this Thursday, when suddenly random neurons fired in my brain and I thought "why not Google how to.....".

Thank all you guys for taking a step further in making the RT what it should have been at launch
The Following User Says Thank You to thandiBear For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thandiBear Ad-Free
25th January 2018, 01:22 PM |#91  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 6

More
First of all, thank you for this tutorial! 'm able to complie my own programms and some of example apps from MSDN/VS examples (with .sln project files).
After compiling with VS2012 and signing it with Windows_RT 8.1 it works great. Ive learned C# but for this projects i need to learn some C++. I've tried to port some github open src apps (c++ win32 based) but i always getting many errors like:
Quote:

fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht geöffnet werden(can't open): "xxxxxx.h": No such file or directory

from compiler.
Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180125_140316.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	4399538  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)