FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[CWM][21.11.14]Galaxy Fame - 6.0.5.1 [DISCONTINUED]

1,067 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,256
 
By corsicanu, Senior Member on 21st February 2014, 06:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th March 2014, 02:13 AM |#21  
adipabeta's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Second days get new fame, the same blue,
Flash this cwm
Advanced
Reboot recovery
There is a warning about recovery flashing
I choose yes, disable recovery flashing
Recovery reverted to stock

I flash again
Attemp to try choose 'no'
But no more warning
Reverted to stock in silence --"

2 fame and same result

Root is fine with both devices

Sent from my GT-S6810 using xda app-developers app
 
 
13th March 2014, 06:01 AM |#22  
corsicanu's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag București
Thanks Meter: 2,256
 
Donate to Me
More
I didn't had these issues so i don't know what to say.. Try flashing old cwm (6.0.2.8) from second post, with odin and from there flash as zip the new cwm... When i tested the root method I installed stock rom with odin, and after i flashed cwm, same with odin.. Rebooted in recovery, rooted and booted to android.. And after ten mins when i went back to recovery, cwm was still there.. No prompt, no silent stock recovery flashing, nothing. And as @Phil3759 said, 'yes, disable stock recovery' should do the trick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3759

If your recovery remains stock, repeat above steps and untick "autoreboot" in odin. Once flash is done, keep pressing power button + home + vol up until it reboots (always will go to recovery)
*when in recovery, if you choose option "reboot system now" and you get "yes - disable flash recovery", select that option to avoid stock recovery overwriting cwm



Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
20th March 2014, 10:19 PM |#23  
Senior Member
Flag Salamanca
Thanks Meter: 811
 
More
Does this work with S6810m? Thanks
22nd March 2014, 05:52 AM |#24  
corsicanu's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag București
Thanks Meter: 2,256
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis4ever

Does this work with S6810m? Thanks

Yes it works.. Please be carefull. Flashing this will increade custom bin counter and you wil lose warranty.
Cheers!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to corsicanu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift corsicanu Ad-Free
28th March 2014, 03:39 AM |#25  
Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
I've installed this CWM, it works great..
but, there's a 'bug' or maybe I've done something wrong..
the thing is I couldn't get 'partition ext sd card' to works..
when I select it, it's just only 'refresh' the cwm, no further option..
would anyone, (esp. @corsicanu} enlighten me?
thank you so much..

cheers,,
The Following User Says Thank You to midoen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift midoen Ad-Free
30th March 2014, 09:10 AM |#26  
corsicanu's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag București
Thanks Meter: 2,256
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by midoen

I've installed this CWM, it works great..
but, there's a 'bug' or maybe I've done something wrong..
the thing is I couldn't get 'partition ext sd card' to works..
when I select it, it's just only 'refresh' the cwm, no further option..
would anyone, (esp. @corsicanu} enlighten me?
thank you so much..

cheers,,

i don't really know because i didn't tried it.. but from what i remember it was working in previous cwm.. you could try installing 6.0.2.8 version and partition with it and after that flash back latest cwm..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to corsicanu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift corsicanu Ad-Free
5th April 2014, 05:27 PM |#27  
Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsicanu

I didn't had these issues so i don't know what to say.. Try flashing old cwm (6.0.2.8) from second post, with odin and from there flash as zip the new cwm... When i tested the root method I installed stock rom with odin, and after i flashed cwm, same with odin.. Rebooted in recovery, rooted and booted to android.. And after ten mins when i went back to recovery, cwm was still there.. No prompt, no silent stock recovery flashing, nothing. And as @Phil3759 said, 'yes, disable stock recovery' should do the trick..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I too had the same issue with flashing CWM and after boot up in android then shut down back into recovery it had reverted back to stock recovery. Root was ok, that sticks.
Tried suggested flashing 6.0.2.8 via Odin then flash 6.0.4.6 zip but it still restored to stock recovery after booting Android. Flash counter now = 7 all for nothing
I even tried the dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 method but that would only give me temp CWM which again restored back to stock recovery after reboot to Android.
I only manage to get it to stop overwritng CWM 6.0.4.6 by deleting this /system/reboot-from-recovery.p
then flashed CWM 6.0.4.6 now the system does not keep writing stock recovery over CWM 6.0.4.6
I think It may be I did not flash a new ROM but just wanted rooted stock + CWM that some of us are getting CWM restored back to stock recovery. The phone is the wife's so had to restrain from too much messing with it, unlike my HTC which is well FOOBAR'ed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LondonMpee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LondonMpee Ad-Free
5th April 2014, 11:25 PM |#28  
corsicanu's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag București
Thanks Meter: 2,256
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonMpee

I too had the same issue with flashing CWM and after boot up in android then shut down back into recovery it had reverted back to stock recovery. Root was ok, that sticks.
Tried suggested flashing 6.0.2.8 via Odin then flash 6.0.4.6 zip but it still restored to stock recovery after booting Android. Flash counter now = 7 all for nothing
I even tried the dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 method but that would only give me temp CWM which again restored back to stock recovery after reboot to Android.
I only manage to get it to stop overwritng CWM 6.0.4.6 by deleting this /system/reboot-from-recovery.p
then flashed CWM 6.0.4.6 now the system does not keep writing stock recovery over CWM 6.0.4.6
I think It may be I did not flash a new ROM but just wanted rooted stock + CWM that some of us are getting CWM restored back to stock recovery. The phone is the wife's so had to restrain from too much messing with it, unlike my HTC which is well FOOBAR'ed



That might be the thing.. All of my tests were made with deodexed system where that file wasn't.. I will edit tomorow the first page and add your instructions.. Thanks!
7th April 2014, 04:42 AM |#29  
adipabeta's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonMpee

I too had the same issue with flashing CWM and after boot up in android then shut down back into recovery it had reverted back to stock recovery. Root was ok, that sticks.
Tried suggested flashing 6.0.2.8 via Odin then flash 6.0.4.6 zip but it still restored to stock recovery after booting Android. Flash counter now = 7 all for nothing
I even tried the dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 method but that would only give me temp CWM which again restored back to stock recovery after reboot to Android.
I only manage to get it to stop overwritng CWM 6.0.4.6 by deleting this /system/reboot-from-recovery.p
then flashed CWM 6.0.4.6 now the system does not keep writing stock recovery over CWM 6.0.4.6
I think It may be I did not flash a new ROM but just wanted rooted stock + CWM that some of us are getting CWM restored back to stock recovery. The phone is the wife's so had to restrain from too much messing with it, unlike my HTC which is well FOOBAR'ed

Are you saying, you know how to fix the reverted recovery really, make it plainer

Sent from my GT-S6810 using xda app-developers app
7th April 2014, 08:15 AM |#30  
SnakeEyesNinja's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag In U r Brain
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I have a Samsung Galaxy Fame gt-S6812 Running Stock Jelly bean..i want to root it..And Get rid of Its Laggines,,
Seriously The phone Hangs a lot ....i want the apps to move to sd card.../ remove some internal space..and make the phone a better device/..
Will this rooting help..Plz.help..actualy i was never a samsug user so i dont have anyidea about samsung rooting techniques.,but i have knowledge about sony rooting and rom info.
7th April 2014, 10:17 PM |#31  
Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adipabeta

Are you saying, you know how to fix the reverted recovery really, make it plainer

Sent from my GT-S6810 using xda app-developers app

If you have root from flashing CWM then you can delete (or move it out and keep as a trophy!) a file from /system folder called reboot-from-recovery.p before you try flashing CWM again.
This seems to be the thing that keeps restoring stock recovery over CWM, I checked again last night and it's still CWM 6.0.4.6
The Following User Says Thank You to LondonMpee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LondonMpee Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
6.0.5.1, clockwork, clockworkmod recovery, cwm, galaxy fame

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes