By biktor_gj, Senior Member on 25th February 2008, 12:37 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
2nd March 2008, 05:18 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,035

Donate to Me
More
Hi frauhottelmann,

I'm going to tell you the truth. I think it would be better if it's you who admins a site for this project than if I do, for various reasons:

1. I started all this thing, but I'm no owner of anything, by now I just hacked four things to make this phone boot a kernel, but no more.

2. I've seen your work at the ml_ipod sourceforge page, and think it's usable, clean, and nice, and I think that's exactly what we would need (even if it's a little slow just as you stated in your previous post). I could make the graphics for the web (I'm quite decent at photoshop), but I have never built a wiki, or a project anywhere else, and I don't know a sh** about it, so that would be another big thing to learn, and for now, I gotta learn more about the linux kernel, and that itself it's huge.

3. I don't think I can handle work, classes, building patches, kernels and bootstrap images and administrate a site, it feels like too much for me

Conclussion? I think it's better to let people do what does better, and I'm quite sure you'll do it better than I, so if you want, it's all yours

PS: In any case, we will need a name for the project, any suggestions?

2nd March 2008, 05:50 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i was 3 days without internet
name ? hmm... maybe Voxell or Smartlinux ?
nothing else coming to my mind
2nd March 2008, 06:51 PM |#13  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 172

More
What I have heard from the ml_iPod developers is that upload to SF is not a nice process either. I still think Google code is better, although it's not as customizable as SF.net. But we could also set up a page on Googlepages (pages.google.com) and then point to the Google code site with the Wiki and downloads!
3rd March 2008, 12:25 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
I can offer my technical know-how (SPL, GPIOs, etc.)

Since I have little time you should ask me precise questions for which I can try to find the answers.
7th March 2008, 04:45 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,035

Donate to Me
More
Sorry for the delay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frauhottelmann

What I have heard from the ml_iPod developers is that upload to SF is not a nice process either. I still think Google code is better, although it's not as customizable as SF.net. But we could also set up a page on Googlepages (pages.google.com) and then point to the Google code site with the Wiki and downloads!

So we can start using google code, and stick with it if it goes well. We can always change the hosting if something goes wrong! About the wiki, the easiest thing is start with google code too, and simply link the xda wiki to it...
7th March 2008, 05:28 PM |#16  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 7

More
i can't code, but i can keep you company maybe

i am here if help is nedeed
7th March 2008, 05:45 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 172

More
But what name do we want to use?
Linux for Vox?
7th March 2008, 06:00 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
LinVox !
how does that sound ?
just kidding
waiting to get linux running on my vox....
7th March 2008, 09:31 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:

But what name do we want to use?

Hooked on Vonix!
7th March 2008, 10:34 PM |#20  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 7

More
vonix sounds ok

can also try "Mobile TUX"
8th March 2008, 12:27 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Wink
i think people whats interested about doing this supposed to do something , i also think we supposed to knows ours messangers etc(msn,yahoo,or something **** like that) we must participle the job we want do to... and make a wikipage , code google , or whatever else but we must go on....
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread