FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How-to- Root, Hack, and Flashing your G1/Dream Read first!!

917 posts
Thanks Meter: 894

By Koush, Retired Recognized Developer on 4th November 2008, 10:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th February 2009, 09:12 PM |#501  
Flag nyc
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Awsome write up wors great thanks...

6th February 2009, 11:17 PM |#502  

More
Hi guys,

also bought a EU G1 in Germany today. It has a modified .29 version where you cant get root access.

Its also not possible to flash to another .29 version as some other people in this thread already explained.

So my question is: what _exactly_ (in technical terms) did you do so that the original spl accepts the firmware you can download in the first post to flash back to a root bug enabled .29 version?

Some checksum that has to be right for the original spl/whatever?

Maybe if someone can explain the exact details how this was done i can redo it for the EU version.

Thanks in advance!
7th February 2009, 02:55 AM |#503  

More
Thanks!
Well, I havent used these forums in almost 2 years. Spent a lot of time browsing them right after I got my Wizard a long time ago.

Just wanted to say that your post brought me back here. I've had my G1 for a while now, but I just got around to rooting it. Your process is amazingly easy to understand and in case anyone was wondering, it still works fine even after doing the OTA upgrade to RC33.
7th February 2009, 02:43 PM |#504  
Flag Sittingbourne, Kent
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Indeed, my thanks to the writer of the article. This process worked flawlessly, and allows the use of JesusFreake's excellent modified firmware files. The other thing to note is that this process is surprisingly easy to perform as well.
7th February 2009, 04:24 PM |#505  
Flag Fairfax, VA
Thanks Meter: 2

More
So http://androidcommunity.com/jkv141-r...dies-20090206/ says that this version has auto-rotate.

I installed JF's rc33 and I'm not seeing the auto-rotate. How do I turn it on?
7th February 2009, 05:16 PM |#506  
Flag CO

More
You have to go to the market and download droidsans then enable auto rotate in that app and reboot.
7th February 2009, 06:06 PM |#507  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 131

More
rooting help
i ve been following the rooting instructrions but for some reason i cant get pass the telnet part. the first three commands go smoothly but the last one (cat recovery.img > /system/recovery image it keeps telling me cannot create. my rc is rc29 ide appeciate it if someone can help
7th February 2009, 08:51 PM |#508  
Flag Cleveland, OH
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I am in the middle of gaining root right now. I just flashed my phone down to RC29.
I am on the whiteish-grayish screen where it says

"Update complete
UPDATE SUCCESS, press action key.

I have tried to restart. Tried holding down Call+Menu+End....nothing happening.

Not sure how to get it to reboot and I don't want to remove the battery and mess up anything.

Anyone have any ideas?
7th February 2009, 08:59 PM |#509  

More
I removed the battery and it worked fine.
7th February 2009, 09:03 PM |#510  
Flag Cleveland, OH
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsucio03

I removed the battery and it worked fine.

Are you sure? Cuz I read somewhere where someone removed the battery when he was stuck and pretty much bricked his phone by doing that. I really ddon't want that to happen.

Can anyone else confirm this?

EDIT: Got it to reboot by clicking the trackball and thaan pressing Call+Menu+End.
7th February 2009, 11:25 PM |#511  

More
localhost?
can somebody help me. when i type in local host it says permission denied. i keep restarting my phone and doinver again but it keeps saying the same thing
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cupcake, jf1.5, root, tutorial, upgrade

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)