i faced the problem and do the following steps to solve"
1) hard reset (because i had not installed anything after cook 1-Apr energry rom)
2) install "NRGZ28 Font Restore" > reset
3) install "EVO SofiaSans" > reset
4) install "Chinese_usemynls" > reset
5) change 2 registries and then reset
HKLM -> Software -> Microsoft -> FontLink -> System Link ->
Helvetica Neue OTS
HelveticaNeue LT 35 Thin
6) install HTC_Touch_EzInput_WVGA which will overwrite the original keyboard as you mentioned
woah .. that works ! i solved the problem of reading chinese now. thanks !
however, i didnt install the ezinput software. dont like the idea of the software replacing my existing keyboard. still looking for a way of input chinese without affecting/changing NRG's keyboard and the autocomplete in names and typing function anyone here has some light to share ??
btw, Im using the 1st apr rom. seriously the rom rocks. its sooo much faster and responsive than 1.66rom. so far onli minor issues
- the font for the lock screen is too big ? at such, the 10(year) of the date went slightly beyond the screen on he right.
- somehow i noticed the time does not sync via internet properly. I have set my timezone, location and on location services and data connection. the time onli managed to sync the mins but not hour. ended set manually .. small issue though.
- colour in internet explorer buttons looks weird . the enter url and favourite button. its like u looking at 256 colour kind of effect.
- i have not find a way to divert htc album cache to storage card. used the cachemod2 and skcerts last time on stock rom. but when i apply onto this rom, the music and pic tab hangs. i think this shld be quite common in custom roms.?
so anyone has any tips/advices on these issues ?
im using 2.08.50.08_2 radio btw. didnt really observe any battery life problem. but it seems that bluetooth function is much faster than before when using stock.
thanks nrgz ! looking foreward to ur next release