FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you think that this is a good idea?

YES! Appubator, please do us a Facebook app.

2,266 Vote(s)
96.34%
No, it is useless.

28 Vote(s)
1.19%
I don't care.

58 Vote(s)
2.47%

[DEV] XDA FaceBook App for WinMo

301 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By Sopis, Senior Member on 10th February 2010, 09:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th May 2010, 11:06 PM |#11  
Flag balik
Thanks Meter: 57

More
+1

new FB application for WM

12th May 2010, 03:00 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Wink New apps FB
+1
the current ms FB not worth to use
12th May 2010, 07:31 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I could be a waste of time because the microsoft is developing the app too. If they manage to make the app more usable than the coding of the "new" app was useless.
12th May 2010, 08:12 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
Guys

Didn't you read my post?

I am not the one developing the app. I am not a developer at all.
I jsut wrote appubator an email asking them to make a new FB app for WinMo (since there was a possibility like this). They have not replied ever since though Maybe they did not like the idea.

Maybe we could something to convince them do do the app OR!
Try to make our own application. This place is crowded with talented and awesome coders and graphics so I think we can definitely put something together. What do you people think?

I am graphic myself - If there are coders who decide to do go for it, I would like to help with visage of the app and the overall design and UI.

Who's in the NewFB_Boat? Any coders?
12th May 2010, 11:56 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Introduction to development
Hi,

I've start research on the net and found this.
http://developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/mobile/
Actually there is no SDK for Windows Mobile provide by Facebook only for iphone and android.

But there is a lot of explication about how facebook work.
http://developers.facebook.com/docs/api

So the first thing is to wrote ourself a SDK we can use as a library for our program.

I'm going to search if we can exploit official Facebook library instead.
12th May 2010, 08:21 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Dude, you are genius

I wonder why FB guys dont include WinMo...maybe they do not find winmo very profitable?

Maybe somone with good marketing knowledge could shed some light on FB management to make understand why WinMo FB app would be great lol
12th May 2010, 08:59 PM |#17  

More
I ve download everything need to start development. Tomorow i ll take a look at this and post some comment.
12th May 2010, 09:19 PM |#18  
Flag Ayr/Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 32

More
i have a funny feeling the only reason they show the APIs for Iphone and Android is because the SDKs are open source.

but i would love a fully functional facebook app that would let me do everything, without the limitations of sense or the WM facebook app
13th May 2010, 01:46 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopis

Guys

Didn't you read my post?

I am not the one developing the app. I am not a developer at all.
I jsut wrote appubator an email asking them to make a new FB app for WinMo (since there was a possibility like this). They have not replied ever since though Maybe they did not like the idea.

Maybe we could something to convince them do do the app OR!
Try to make our own application. This place is crowded with talented and awesome coders and graphics so I think we can definitely put something together. What do you people think?

I am graphic myself - If there are coders who decide to do go for it, I would like to help with visage of the app and the overall design and UI.

Who's in the NewFB_Boat? Any coders?

Hi;

I'm one of the founders of appubator.

I really appreciate your interest in our company. Sorry about not responding to your e-mail. We haven't see it come through - which address did you send it to?

We've been following this thread for a while. In short, a deep, detailed app like FB isn't something that we would do. First of all, we likely couldn't charge for it. If we did, its likely that FB or Microsoft would do one better than us and then we're out the time and money to develop it.

We're more about developing many apps (perhaps 100/year), that are smaller and easier to code, and selling them on multiple smartphone platforms.

If you have any ideas for apps you'd like to see - please visit the site at www.appubator.com. Register and submit your ideas. We're reviewing them more quickly and should be able to get back to you pretty quickly with a go/no-go.
13th May 2010, 08:00 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member

More
Hello igolfchip

I am glad you have responded.
I have sent my APP idea to this address: proposals@appubator.com as it was written in the article about your company.

I fully understand you. Well, at least I gave it a shot
I have only one note though - If MS (or FB) would do a better app than you would, why they still havent made it yet?

Hopefully, we will be able to do something.

@Fredz - glad to hear that This all seems it is moving somewhere
13th May 2010, 01:37 PM |#21  

More
I ve download evc4 sdk but unfortunaly it doesn t seems to works with Windows seven 64. I m donwloading a new sdk to start devlopment but it take 2Go. I ll tell you when done.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
facebook, slovenia, winmob

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)