FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP]SuperOneClick v2.3.3 - Motorola Exploit Added!

660 posts
Thanks Meter: 901

By CLShortFuse, Retired Recognized Developer on 9th October 2010, 07:56 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
18th October 2010, 08:52 PM |#501  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Obsidian-

First time: Full root=OK, Reboot, NMA=Fail
Second time: Full root=OK, NMA=OK, Reboot .....but result is still that I cannot install
"out of market" apk's.

What message do you get when you try to install an "out of market" apk?

18th October 2010, 09:40 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I downloaded 1.5 program and ran it.. but it failed this is what screen looked like.. Please help me.. I am using mytouch 3g black with Version 1.6 on it.. Please help me with some solution and guide lines

Killing ADB Server...

OK

Starting ADB Server...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

OK

Waiting for device...

OK

Pushing rageagainstthecage...
95 KB/s (5392 bytes in 0.055s)

OK

chmod rageagainstthecage...

OK

Running rageagainstthecage...
ROOTED

Getting mount path...
/dev/block/mtdblock3
OK

Remounting system with read-write access...

OK

Pushing su...
278 KB/s (26264 bytes in 0.092s)

OK

Pushing superuser.apk...
251 KB/s (196521 bytes in 0.763s)

OK

chmod su...

OK

Remounting system with read-only access...
mount: Device or resource busy

OK

OK

Device was not rooted!
FAILED
18th October 2010, 09:54 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
NMA Error
CLShortFuse, after I have rooted both regular and Shell and try to NMA and I get this error at the end.
To see full log go to post# 461

End Of Log:
Getting settings.db location...
Could not run command with ROTC root.
FAILED

What does the error me? Am I doing something wrong?

I have HTC CDMA Hero Ver 2.1 with the latest software 2.32.651.7
18th October 2010, 09:57 PM |#504  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLShortFuse

for theoretical mac /linux support.

install mono-project

replace the adb.exe including with the adb for your operating system (you'll have to rename it from regulard 'adb' to 'adb.exe')

It should all work (theoretically)

While scripts are all nice and easy to use for mac and linux, it'll fork/break development. I plan on taking it a lot further with the GUI (like reading the phone state and allowing you to check/uncheck applications you want on your phone).
I want all features on all OS's. I've written applications for win32/mac/linux via mono-project compatibility before and it's a lot easier to keep everyone on the same page.

For the time being:
http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html

Assuming this is in reply to the email I sent I agree it is true that having a script version will fork development, but that is not necessarily bad in my opinion. Simply renaming adb to adb.exe will not do anything because exe and a unix executable file are totally different things.

If you would be willing to just release me the ADB commands you send the phone I could at least create a totally different version for mac at least until a usable Mac program exists.

Also elaborating on what a previous poster said many people are having trouble with this program largely because many people are not sure how it works. If you released at least the basic ADB code (not necessarily the source code) it would be able to allow us to troubleshoot it further.
18th October 2010, 10:36 PM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Works on Motorola i1?
Works on Motorola i1?

I have a Nextel Motorola i1 and need to know if this model works ... I wait for response ...

Regards,

Marcelo Tinoco.
18th October 2010, 10:53 PM |#506  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbs11

Simply renaming adb to adb.exe will not do anything because exe and a unix executable file are totally different things.

It'll work if you use mono to run SuperOneClick.exe.

If you're not sure how mono works. C# appliations are just-in-time compilation (JIT) which means it can be recompiled as long as you have a valid framework for your operation system. It's very similar to Java. Microsoft has made the win32 framework (.NET Framework) and a group of developers have made an open source one that wroks with Mac and Linux.

I'm using the System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() command to call an external executable. In version v1.5, I'm looking for a hardcoded string "adb.exe". If you try to run the program in Mac with Mono it'll work fine but it'll look for the adb.exe file. By simply replacing adb.exe with the mac file, (and renaming it to match the string in my application), it'll work.

For example, if I used the command "echo test". It works fine in windows natively and also works in mac and linux (because they natively support the 'echo' command)

You can see more about it here:
http://www.go-mono.com/docs/index.as...em.Diagnostics

Regardless, I recompiled a v1.5.1 for mac and linux support with the code snippet showing how minor and quick the changes were.
18th October 2010, 11:01 PM |#507  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spatel1881

I downloaded 1.5 program and ran it.. but it failed this is what screen looked like.. Please help me.. I am using mytouch 3g black with Version 1.6 on it.. Please help me with some solution and guide lines

Killing ADB Server...

OK

Starting ADB Server...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

OK

Waiting for device...

OK

Pushing rageagainstthecage...
95 KB/s (5392 bytes in 0.055s)

OK

chmod rageagainstthecage...

OK

Running rageagainstthecage...
ROOTED

Getting mount path...
/dev/block/mtdblock3
OK

Remounting system with read-write access...

OK

Pushing su...
278 KB/s (26264 bytes in 0.092s)

OK

Pushing superuser.apk...
251 KB/s (196521 bytes in 0.763s)

OK

chmod su...

OK

mount: Device or resource busy

OK

OK

Device was not rooted!
FAILED

In the final check it launches su manually. This might bring a prompt up on your screen. If you don't allow the prompt, the program will say it failed.
18th October 2010, 11:17 PM |#508  
Flag Chicago

More
Quote:

It'll work if you use mono to run SuperOneClick.exe.

If you're not sure how mono works. C# appliations are just-in-time compilation (JIT) which means it can be recompiled as long as you have a valid framework for your operation system. It's very similar to Java. Microsoft has made the win32 framework (.NET Framework) and a group of developers have made an open source one that wroks with Mac and Linux.

I'm using the System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() command to call an external executable. In version v1.5, I'm looking for a hardcoded string "adb.exe". If you try to run the program in Mac with Mono it'll work fine but it'll look for the adb.exe file. By simply replacing adb.exe with the mac file, (and renaming it to match the string in my application), it'll work.

For example, if I used the command "echo test". It works fine in windows natively and also works in mac and linux (because they natively support the 'echo' command)

You can see more about it here:
http://www.go-mono.com/docs/index.as...em.Diagnostics

Regardless, I recompiled a v1.5.1 for mac and linux support with the code snippet showing how minor and quick the changes were.

I guess I don't understand what mono is. Is it basically a cross platform framework for .NET applications? Wouldn't that require the program still being written in a .app format for mac though? Unless it contains some sort of emulator for .exe files, but I already tried running the program inside a wine emulator with a .NET install and it failed. I don't think it has proper access to the USB ports much like Parallels does not work for ODIN or ADB. I could be wrong.

I am still wondering how you actually get the commands to execute through ADB (not the programming of your actual application). For instance if you want it to just copy the update.zip root to the phone then boot into recovery you type:

Code:
cd /SuperOneClick/files/

./adb kill-server

cp root.zip /Volumes/No\ Name/update.zip

./adb reboot recovery
./adb kill-server
how does this work with rageagainstthecage instead of a update.zip root?

If I am not mistaken is it

1. push the rageagainstthecage file to /data/local/tmp
2. chmod the file
3. run the file through the phones terminal
18th October 2010, 11:29 PM |#509  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I guess I don't understand what mono is. Is it basically a cross platform framework for .NET applications? Wouldn't that require the program still being written in a .app format for mac though? Unless it contains some sort of emulator for .exe files, but I already tried running the program inside a wine emulator with a .NET install and it failed. I don't think it has proper access to the USB ports much like Parallels does not work for ODIN or ADB. I could be wrong.

I am still wondering how you actually get the commands to execute through ADB (not the programming of your actual application). For instance if you want it to just copy the update.zip root to the phone then boot into recovery you type:

Code:
cd /SuperOneClick/files/

./adb kill-server

cp root.zip /Volumes/No\ Name/update.zip

./adb reboot recovery
./adb kill-server
how does this work with rageagainstthecage instead of a update.zip root?

If I am not mistaken is it

1. push the rageagainstthecage file to /data/local/tmp
2. chmod the file
3. run the file through the phones terminal

Here's a thread I made that says how to do it step by step manually
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=797397

.NET Applications are like Java applications (and Android). There's nothing "Windows" hard coded in the applications. Programs aren't actually compiled either. Think of it as being the source code is packed into a single file. When you run the application, every line of code is compiled right there as it's run. This is exactly how java works (and android APK's as well). Before 2.2's JIT, Android would compile the whole application on first run. Now it does it on the fly (just-in-time)

Did you try v1.5.1, btw?
18th October 2010, 11:31 PM |#510  
Flag Chicago

More
Quote:

Did you try v1.5.1, btw?

Is there a Mac version now? I will try it eventually, but I have Cognition and I am afraid I will screw something up by over-rooting

EDIT: The Root pack is really helpful thanks!
18th October 2010, 11:33 PM |#511  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Is there a Mac version now? I will try it eventually, but I have Cognition and I am afraid I will screw something up by over-rooting

v1.5.1 has been recoded to support mono for mac and linux and includes the adb versions needed. Just make sure you install mono (link in first post).

There's no way to "over-root". When you click the root button, the phone checks if you're rooted and tells you "Device is already rooted!"
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.2, galaxy, galaxy s brazil, galaxy y s5360, root, superoneclick, uckb2, z4root
Previous Thread Next Thread