Post Reply Email Thread
21st November 2010, 05:18 AM |#21  
North Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0niqu3

Ok,

Enough people asked about this for froyo, so I decompiled camalot's mod, and figured out how he increased the keysize (simple and elegant btw, grats on the find, I dug through smali files for weeks trying to change the keysize to no avail, lol.)

Anyway, here's his black/samsung skinned version for froyo, consider it a parting gift before I take a break from XDA for a while.

Please note, this zip will delete the stock/aosp keyboard (/system/app/LatinIME.apk) since on froyo it shares the same internal app name with the droidx keyboard. And also, I'm absolutely not responsible for anything that happens to your phone from installing this.

Download and flash with clockwork, cheers everyone, =)

Thanks I love this keyboard!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

21st November 2010, 05:30 AM |#22  
Miami
Thanks Meter: 354

More
Quote:

Ok,

Enough people asked about this for froyo, so I decompiled camalot's mod, and figured out how he increased the keysize (simple and elegant btw, grats on the find, I dug through smali files for weeks trying to change the keysize to no avail, lol.)

Anyway, here's his black/samsung skinned version for froyo, consider it a parting gift before I take a break from XDA for a while.

Please note, this zip will delete the stock/aosp keyboard (/system/app/LatinIME.apk) since on froyo it shares the same internal app name with the droidx keyboard. And also, I'm absolutely not responsible for anything that happens to your phone from installing this.

Download and flash with clockwork, cheers everyone, =)

Ty very much soniqu3 awesome work once again.

sent from my vibrant 2.2
21st November 2010, 06:34 PM |#23  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Hickory Hills IL
Thanks Meter: 135

Donate to Me
More
Thanks s0niqu3 for the froyo port.

I've made a minor change that adds the numbers and special characters (!@#$%^&*()) to the QWERTY row as alternate characters. I've left both versions available, in case you don't want the numbers.
21st November 2010, 06:53 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Would this also work on a mytouch4g running 2.2?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
21st November 2010, 07:18 PM |#25  
Flag Hickory Hills IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan562

Would this also work on a mytouch4g running 2.2?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

The froyo port should, but I am not sure what the size of the key text will look like. I added the value that I think it should have (I found it in the samsung keyboard). It will replace your stock keyboard though on froyo.
21st November 2010, 09:22 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by camalot

The froyo port should, but I am not sure what the size of the key text will look like. I added the value that I think it should have (I found it in the samsung keyboard). It will replace your stock keyboard though on froyo.

i just flashed and ran fix permissions via clockworkmod on myt4g. the keys in portrait mode look a bit smaller than the vibrant, but perfect in landscape mode. but then again the myt4g's screen is 3.8" so it's probably normal lol.

however, i am getting a force close with a message saying "process com.android.inputmethod.latin has stopped unexpectedly" every time i try to press any of the keys.

what's weird is that my mytouch4g's stock keyboard (both dragon speak keyboard and touch input) are still there and useable.

at any rate, it's no biggy for me, as long as i got this working on my vibrant thanks for all your hard work.
21st November 2010, 10:21 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 390

More
Quote:

Thanks s0niqu3 for the froyo port.

I've made a minor change that adds the numbers and special characters (!@#$%^&*()) to the QWERTY row as alternate characters. I've left both versions available, in case you don't want the numbers.

Here's the froyo version with the alts for the QWERTY row.

And anyone trying this on anything other than Obsidian/Onyx 2.2 roms, the stock android keyboard may be called something different than LatinIME.apk, like VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk, etc., so look for something like that in /system/app, delete it, and re-install.

UPDATE: 11/21/2010 7:00pm

minor update to fix a couple graphics glitches, and i recolored the suggested auto-complete word to blue from the standard orange. Please re-download.

Cheers, =)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device.jpg
Views:	805
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	446655   Click image for larger version

Name:	device2.jpg
Views:	983
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	446656   Click image for larger version

Name:	device3.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	446657  
Attached Files
File Type: zip dx_keyboard_black_froyo_with_alts.zip - [Click for QR Code] (942.1 KB, 588 views)
21st November 2010, 11:39 PM |#28  
Miami

More
Quote:

And anyone trying this on anything other than Obsidian/Onyx 2.2 roms, the stock android keyboard may be called something different than LatinIME.apk, like VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk, etc., so look for something like that in /system/app, delete it, and re-install.

Cheers, =)

thanks Soniqu3 once again but where are the smiley faces? do we flash this thru CWM?
ok so removed the DXkeyboard.apk then flashed thru CWM, fixed permissions and i still dont have the updated ALT KB...
any advice?
22nd November 2010, 12:11 AM |#29  
Flag Hickory Hills IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Cheers, =)

I found an invalid character in the "Alt Numberic" keyboard. I am fixing that now, plus trying to add another row to the "punctuation popup".
22nd November 2010, 12:14 AM |#30  
Flag Hickory Hills IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rel500

thanks Soniqu3 once again but where are the smiley faces? do we flash this thru CWM?
ok so removed the DXkeyboard.apk then flashed thru CWM, fixed permissions and i still dont have the updated ALT KB...
any advice?

Its not really an alt keyboard, hold on one of the QWERTY row keys, you will see the additional items there
22nd November 2010, 12:27 AM |#31  
Miami

More
Quote:

Its not really an alt keyboard, hold on one of the QWERTY row keys, you will see the additional items there

oh lol duh... im still missing the smileys tho
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
keyboard, latinime, multitouch

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)