[Q] Surface RT Type Cover Fn Lock

Search This thread

developing

Feb 2, 2010
Is there a way to enable Fn lock for the Type Cover? I hate when the F keys are assigned to random stuff, but usually there's a way to turn it back. I haven't yet found one on my Surface RT; does anyone know if it's possible to make the F keys behave like actual F keys?

Edit: messed up the title but whatever

Last edited:
Reactions: jpalo

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
You can edit the title & thread subject line by editing the first post, FYI.

If you find one, please let us know; I've been looking for one myself. I use F2 (rename), Alt+F4 (exit), and F5 (refresh) a ton, and it's very annoying on the Touch cover, especailly due to the Fn key being on the right side.

Ideally, though, I'd want to be able to keep certain keys as their alternate forms by default. I use End and Home far, far more often than I use anything F9-F12.

netham45

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2009
Denver
You can edit the title & thread subject line by editing the first post, FYI.

If you find one, please let us know; I've been looking for one myself. I use F2 (rename), Alt+F4 (exit), and F5 (refresh) a ton, and it's very annoying on the Touch cover, especailly due to the Fn key being on the right side.

Ideally, though, I'd want to be able to keep certain keys as their alternate forms by default. I use End and Home far, far more often than I use anything F9-F12.

You could probably do that with AutoIt.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there a way to enable Fn lock for the Type Cover? I hate when the F keys are assigned to random stuff, but usually there's a way to turn it back. I haven't yet found one on my Surface RT; does anyone know if it's possible to make the F keys behave like actual F keys?

Edit: messed up the title but whatever