|BOOT & DOWN Animation| HTC Black

Search This thread

mexxxico

Jun 10, 2010
The first thing I wanted to do after I root my HTC Sensation was to change the boot animation from 'screaming' white to black.

So for those who want the original, but black HTC boot animation they are free to take it from here :)

As you wish, thread updated with matching downanimation :)

P.S. 1
Adding the original boot animation & down, if someone needed ;)

P.S. 2
Added splash_screen (splash.img)
Flash it with adb.
(adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash splash1 splash.img)

Attachments

• QHD_Fast_Boot_up_30.jpg
    QHD_Fast_Boot_up_30.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 5,077
  • splash.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,666
  • splash1.jpg
    splash1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 5,161
  • QHD_Power_Down_43.jpg
    QHD_Power_Down_43.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 4,525
  • bootanimation.zip
    476.5 KB · Views: 2,794
  • downanimation.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,847
  • QHD_Fast_Boot_up_23.jpg
    QHD_Fast_Boot_up_23.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 2,415
Last edited:

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
The first thing I wanted to do after I root my HTC Sensation was to change the boot animation from 'screaming' white to black.

So for those who want the original, but black HTC boot animation they are free to take it from here :)

P.S.
Flash it with adb.
(adb reboot bootloader

Any chance you're gonna do a downanimation.zip to match? That'd be pretty sweet!

asj2583

Jul 11, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
www.facebook.com
cant get it to work! tried and put a tmous_bootanimation and bootanimation and still getting the white with green htc bootanimation. also tried the permision thing and nothing. any help would be appreciated.

mexxxico

Jun 10, 2010
cant get it to work! tried and put a tmous_bootanimation and bootanimation and still getting the white with green htc bootanimation. also tried the permision thing and nothing. any help would be appreciated.

Obviously you boot animation dubbed in the wrong place.
In custom ROMs with Root Explorer, boot and down animation usually found in /data/local

greves1

Feb 6, 2011
i checked that i had full read/write permissions in /data/local for bootanimation.zip. i deleted that file and pasted in the bootanimation.zip from the top post in this thread. restarted phone, nothinc has changed. what did i do wrong?

dased14

Dec 27, 2010
cincy,ohio
Check and see if it is located in system/customize/resource(I know that's where its located on sense roms)
brought to you by the little voices in my head

mexxxico

Jun 10, 2010
Check and see if it is located in system/customize/resource(I know that's where its located on sense roms)
brought to you by the little voices in my head

In the /system/customize/resource you can find a simlinked files.

The animations that need to be switched are located in /data/local (I use InsertCoin Sensation).

halla29

Jun 17, 2009

P.S.
Flash it with adb.
(adb reboot bootloader

How can i flash the splash in terminal imulator plz?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

P.S. 1
    Adding the original boot animation & down, if someone needed ;)

P.S. 2
    Flash it with adb.
    (adb reboot bootloader
    Thanks a lot for this thread-- the blinding white HTC screen was getting on my nerves too :]

I've gone ahead and repackaged one of the bootanimation frames into a splash image, just in case anyone else wanted that instead of the sassy Android guy. (God damn it he's so sassy.)
    I cant make this. I do everything and no way. I have on my phone white bootanimation and beat animation. I try to repacked to put black bootanimation and beats and than it is only black.

take the attached bootanimation.zip and copy it to where your current bootanimation is located.

this should be what you are looking for.
    Any chance you're gonna do a downanimation.zip to match? That'd be pretty sweet!

Hello,
    simple way to instal, go with Rootexplorer in
    System/media an overright the bootanimation....

There is no bootanimation there

EDIT: Just found this thread. Got the splash screen and boot animation blacked out now! I like it much better that way.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1193937