Problem with Bluetooth after installing tomtom7

Search This thread

RMU

Aug 28, 2008
Hello,

I just installed Tomtom7 on my pro2. but now the bluetooth stack is broken.
On other websites they say that tomtom replaces BtCoreIf.dll and BtSdkCE30.dll I already removed them and soft reset, but that doesn't work.

Can someone with a Pro2 upload those 2 files so that i can replace them on my phone? That will be the fastest solution i think... Thanks!

ianjd

Apr 6, 2008
When this happened to me I had to hard reset, then re-install TomTom without the BT files. I'm still not entirely clear what the problem was, though, or how to correct it without hard resetting, but those files seemed to have corrupted something.

Corell

Nov 3, 2007
Not sure if this would be the place to ask, but the search feature won't work properly for me atm ... so please give me a break if i missed the answer :)
Will Tomtom7 run with the internal gps in the TP2?
Thanks guys.

Corell

Nov 3, 2007
Runing gr8 with internal GPS :)

wonderful - thanks for the fast reply. until now i've had to use a bt gps reciever because my 1½yr old touch dual doesn't have a built-in gps and having only to use one device will be so much better and easier :)
- the version of tomtom7 that can be purchased on sd-card will work with pro2 considering the high resolution?
thanks again :)

RMU

Aug 28, 2008
No problems on my site... Using tt7.915

I'm using the same version...
i hard reset my phone already, but i want to install tomtom again, but i think i wait a while because i don't want to reset agian...

and i discoverd that after i installed tomtom, some of my text messages where not been send... (the phone randomly removes the + before the phonenumber) but sometimes it worked and sometimes not... very strange... so i hard reset and now everything works fine, but now i want tomtom to get working :p what to do?

Roberto79

Mar 19, 2009
I'm using the same version...
i hard reset my phone already, but i want to install tomtom again, but i think i wait a while because i don't want to reset agian...

and i discoverd that after i installed tomtom, some of my text messages where not been send... (the phone randomly removes the + before the phonenumber) but sometimes it worked and sometimes not... very strange... so i hard reset and now everything works fine, but now i want tomtom to get working :p what to do?

Hmm dont have any of posted problems looks like i was just lucky lol but maybe that somthing jumps up later when i'll "really need it"... :p

wonderful - thanks for the fast reply. until now i've had to use a bt gps reciever because my 1½yr old touch dual doesn't have a built-in gps and having only to use one device will be so much better and easier :)
- the version of tomtom7 that can be purchased on sd-card will work with pro2 considering the high resolution?
thanks again :)

Its the latest release of tomtom7 so it has to work at least a bit older version works gr8 on my TP2, resolution is superb. I have tryed Amigo but it didnt work even with multi resolution .gro file :eek:

RMU

Aug 28, 2008

now i see that is not a tomtom problem, because i've hard reset my pro2 and not yet installed tomtom, so i've made another thread for this. :eek:

but the bluetooth problem is still there when i install tomtom :(

dicko99

May 1, 2008
I'm seeing the same "BTTrayCE is not a valid application" error after installing TTN 7.450.

Does anybody know of a workaround that will enable both BlueTooth and TomTom to work?

Is a hard reset the only way to get BT working again? What about uninstalling TomTom?

R.

RMU

Aug 28, 2008
I'm seeing the same "BTTrayCE is not a valid application" error after installing TTN 7.450.

Does anybody know of a workaround that will enable both BlueTooth and TomTom to work?

Is a hard reset the only way to get BT working again? What about uninstalling TomTom?

R.

Uninstalling tomtom does not help for me.

beast0898

Jan 5, 2006
Milton Keynes
The files are replaced on the device so a hard reset is the easiest way back.
TT 7.910.9185 is running fine on mine, I did have the same issue with another version of TT7 though, but simply hard reset to recover and started again.

I think (although have not verified) that the BT Stack on the Rhodium has been updated to a Broadcom stack.

Can confirm that the above version works fine, great resolution and no issues using BT after install and with the new BT Stack you can now route all audio from the Rhodium through your hands free / car kit:cool:

Cheers,

Beasty

ianjd

Apr 6, 2008
I did have a problem with v7.915.9196 where the device bootup was delayed by about a minute and a half (from 1m20 to about 3m from cold to starting Mobile Shell) which I had to get around by not installing the TomTom BT files.

purple8

Dec 31, 2007
I used TT7_915.9196_VGA__Negro.cab which does not appear to have the bluetooth files in it.

Corell

Nov 3, 2007
and this version could also be purchased on tomtom with ur chosen map on an sd-card? just to avoid having to hard reset and stuff after trying to install :)
thx.

RMU

Aug 28, 2008
I removed the bluetooth files from the cab with WinCE CAB Manager and installed tomtom agian, now everything works fine.

I'm now using tomtom version 7.450.9028 :cool:, i think it will work with other versions to ;)

Thanks!

Corell

Nov 3, 2007
wonderful, great info :) now i have one less thing to worry about when my TP2 gets here :) thanks dude!

EDIT.: Pardon the perhaps n00b question, but i get an error while trying to run the .exe. is it meant for running on the phone or on the pc? i use winxp :)

Last edited: