Thanks Meter: 0

By ntsteele, Junior Member on 27th January 2011, 04:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd January 2013, 07:41 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESdesigns

Thanks for the information. I was told by a NordicTrack csr that the new 2013 models are running android 4.0. Not sure if this is true or if he is just plain wrong? At any rate, we ended up going with the Sole F80 treadmill which gets really great reviews (even if it's short on the features list) and will pair nicely with our 4 year old Sole elliptical. Plus, I've had great experiences with Sole's customer service. Reviews for Icon Fitness brands (ProForm, NordicTrack, Reebok, etc) almost always reveal that customer service is a nightmare, especially when it comes to failing electronics. I have a Nexus 7 that we can play around with while on the treadmill or elliptical (or anywhere else we take it) so having a built in tablet that offers less then the ideal android experience didn't really have much impact on our decision. None the less, I love seeing what people from XDA are able to do with these things.

Is there anyone that can confirm that the 2013 treadmills will be running 4.0? cause that would open up a lot of possibilities.

23rd January 2013, 08:14 PM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by banishedskull

Is there anyone that can confirm that the 2013 treadmills will be running 4.0? cause that would open up a lot of possibilities.

If I see a 2013 model at sears what would I need to do to find out what version of android is being run in the background? Should I repeatedly hit the menu button to get into safe mode? Once there can I view the "about tablet" information displaying the OS and Kernel versions?
23rd January 2013, 09:32 PM |#53  

More
Quote:

If I see a 2013 model at sears what would I need to do to find out what version of android is being run in the background? Should I repeatedly hit the menu button to get into safe mode? Once there can I view the "about tablet" information displaying the OS and Kernel versions?

Assuming that it works the same that's all you should have to do.
23rd January 2013, 09:48 PM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by banishedskull

Assuming that it works the same that's all you should have to do.

If I get the chance I'll be sure to let you guys know.
5th February 2013, 12:54 AM |#55  
Florida

More
2013 model
Quote:

If I get the chance I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Just installed my 2013 model elite 12.7 elliptical.
Has 7" android:

Model: sec_smdkv210

Android version: 2.2

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 [email protected] #70 Tue Mar 15 14:18:56 CST 2011

Build number: sec_smdkv210-eng 2.2 FRF91 eng.android.20110301.153856 test-keys
20th February 2013, 04:04 PM |#56  

More
Drive Android 2.2 SD CARD
I have learned quite a bit from this thread; but, I was wondering if anyone has been able to access the 6.0 gig storage for sdcard 2 on any of these treadmills with 10' android 2.2.

I am unable to copy or move anything to this sdcard. I can install aptoid, flash, and smarttaskbar; but, then I have no storage left for anything else.

Thanks.
20th February 2013, 04:30 PM |#57  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proform 1450

I have learned quite a bit from this thread; but, I was wondering if anyone has been able to access the 6.0 gig storage for sdcard 2 on any of these treadmills with 10' android 2.2.

I am unable to copy or move anything to this sdcard. I can install aptoid, flash, and smarttaskbar; but, then I have no storage left for anything else.

Thanks.

I am having the same issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to jc-Treo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jc-Treo Ad-Free
28th February 2013, 05:37 AM |#58  

More
Help C2150!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyman2171

Here are the files from the USB key from ICON fitness. I got mine when My C2150 had a failed update. I am sure this will be helpful. I would do an attachment but its over 600MB so here's a link to the files.

Hi, sorry, i try unzip, but say error unzip file: ifit_video.tgz , i download 2 time, but say same! help pls! :'( (sorry for my english)
7th March 2013, 06:04 AM |#59  

More
Creating Personal Workouts
Has anyone been able to customize workouts via these methods? If so, how so? Thanks.
20th March 2013, 05:57 AM |#60  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper245

Just installed my 2013 model elite 12.7 elliptical.
Has 7" android:

Model: sec_smdkv210

Android version: 2.2

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 [email protected] #70 Tue Mar 15 14:18:56 CST 2011

Build number: sec_smdkv210-eng 2.2 FRF91 eng.android.20110301.153856 test-keys

I just got the 17.7 version myself, with the 10". Specs on the tablet are basically identical, and all the same methods as well as limitations mentioned in this thread apply to me as well.

Basically, after rooting with Z4 (which I then uninstalled to save space), smart task bar, and terminal emulator, there's really no room for anything else. I can't get either Hulu + or Netflix installed due to there being only about 8MB of space left.

I can open the REGULAR browser (use smart task bar to easily get out of ifit and into the regular home screen) and I can even download files and view them at /mnt/scdard/downloads via Astro manager (which came with the ROM).

But, like everyone else I cannot get any apps to install on this mostly empty 6GB sdcard, unfortunately. That's the big breakthrough I hope we can unlock. I did the "setInstallLocation 2" hack then tried to both install and move apps to sdcard, but it fails in both cases.

Looking into details regarding the .android_secure folder (where apps that are moved to sdcard are encrypted and stored).

On the sdcard on the tablet, this folder is empty and appears to not have write permissions applied to it... I wonder if this could be a key to it? Want to look into it more. Something is probably preventing the system from writing there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phreaker47 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phreaker47 Ad-Free
16th June 2013, 11:35 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I have a feeling that no one here can help me but I have a Nordictrack c2450 (2012) that seems to be flat out broken. About 6 months ago I got the treadmill and followed the steps posted earlier to get aptoid and a side launcher installed so that I could install an XBMC remote, but that never ended up being used. I haven't accessed the android menu since, and used the treadmill many times.

Last week I noticed the treadmill's screen was on the default, blank android home screen as I walked by it. It is never like that so I rebooted it, and it went right back to the android home screen- no iFit launch or anything.

I am not sure what happened since just over a week ago I went for a run on this treadmill. Suddenly it seems that the iFit software is gone or at least not booting? Because of this literally none of the buttons work on the treadmill and it is completely unusable.

There is no visible usb port on the c2450, but I am not sure if there is one if I start to disassemble the main console. Could I try flashing the 2150 firmware from the usb key posted in an earlier post on this thread or would it be different? I'm at a loss here, it just isn't working.

Thanks for any assistance anyone might be able to give me.

EDIT: I fixed it after finding a random support page from iFit. Was like a needle in a haystack, but it is actually quite easy and quick:

https://ifit.zendesk.com/entries/214...t-app-manually

Maybe it can help someone else.
The Following User Says Thank You to eagle132 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eagle132 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android tablet, fitness, nordictrack, treadmill

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)