[TUT][3D Bootanimation]DTStereo3D v.1.2 [7 DEC]

Search This thread

scariola

Nov 15, 2009
Sandy Eggo, CA
No problems with 3d stuck here, your updated version on miui.

Wiped dalvich + cache, then flashed your UTTER MASTERPIECE!

Super thanks for taking the time to write that TUT as well! :D

Last edited:

SinisterChedda

Feb 4, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
I flashed ViperS sense 4.0 today to test and flashed this 3D boot on it. I cleared cache and dalvik after flash. It does keep 3d screen for a couple sec. then it fixes itself on its own. This is my experience.

sent from my CM9 Devil Toasted .7.1 Evo 3D via xda app for Android

binux-project

Dec 31, 2009
near Stuttgart
binux-project.de
I flashed ViperS sense 4.0 today to test and flashed this 3D boot on it. I cleared cache and dalvik after flash. It does keep 3d screen for a couple sec. then it fixes itself on its own. This is my experience.

Aye that's how it should be. That's how it is on yoda 3.6 :)

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda app-developers app

SinisterChedda

Feb 4, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
Aye that's how it should be. That's how it is on yoda 3.6 :)

Maybe a bit longer than a couple seconds but still switches to normal view. 3d not in the sense 4.0 viper rom so that might be why. What's this Yoda 3.6 I hear of? Pm or post link please.

EDIT>>I'm going to start messing with 3D boot animations. Looks fun. Thanks for tutorial.

Last edited:

binux-project

Dec 31, 2009
near Stuttgart
binux-project.de
Maybe a bit longer than a couple seconds but still switches to normal view. 3d not in the sense 4.0 viper rom so that might be why. What's this Yoda 3.6 I hear of? Pm or post link please.

EDIT>>I'm going to start messing with 3D boot animations. Looks fun. Thanks for tutorial.

Yodas Sense 3.6 - just a Sense 3.6 ROM with OC kernel for GSM ;) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1679394

I'll reflash, when I find the time. But how do I log a bootup? Normal via alogcat? Or do I need to do something special?

Sent from my ICS-powered HTC EVO 3D using xda premium

Yeah just a log from bootup. Nothing special :D

IxBUSTERxI

Jun 19, 2012
Berlin
Yeah just a log from bootup. Nothing special :D

Yeah, but how? I can't find an option for logging boot in alogcat. Guess I'd have to start it after bootup, but will it be enough? Which level do you need (verbose, debug,...)?

binux-project

Dec 31, 2009
near Stuttgart
binux-project.de
Yeah, but how? I can't find an option for logging boot in alogcat. Guess I'd have to start it after bootup, but will it be enough? Which level do you need (verbose, debug,...)?

Err just use adb then you can log bootup ;) I think debug should be okay as a start :)

NineInchNails

R.I.P. - We'll see you around, bud...
Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
:victory: Great job man. Been looking forward to this. Tutorial is great addition also. Will be cool to see what people come up with

666blb666

Aug 3, 2012
I thought 3d works only in landscape mode? I'm verrrry supriced :D Hopefully next month we will see 3d wallpapers. Fingers crossed!

felacio

Apr 16, 2007
Fayetteville
www.idle-handz.com
I thought 3d works only in landscape mode? I'm verrrry supriced :D Hopefully next month we will see 3d wallpapers. Fingers crossed!

Uggh.. horrible battery life. No thank you!

And the LG Optimistic 3D can't do portrait at all. The Evo 3D does have the ability, its just not technically allowed.

If you set a timer for a 3D photo in landscape and turn it to portrait before the timer runs out and snaps the pic, it will be portrait 3D and look fine.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

666blb666

Aug 3, 2012
Uggh.. horrible battery life. No thank you!

And the LG Optimistic 3D can't do portrait at all. The Evo 3D does have the ability, its just not technically allowed.

If you set a timer for a 3D photo in landscape and turn it to portrait before the timer runs out and snaps the pic, it will be portrait 3D and look fine.

Hehe... Battery life is wank anyway... Where the times when on one charge mobile used to work 7 days ;)

And about portret snapshoots...... Wow! It's realy works!

Thx m8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Presenting DTStereo3D for ICS EVO 3D ROMs with working 3D Panel
    a1.png

It took a long time until I finally fixed all the issues of my 3D Bootanimation, but finally it’s ready to hit xda officially!
    What you get is a real stereoscopic bootanimation for your EVO 3D (ty argraben).
    I also made a tutorial for those who also want to explore the amazing possibilities of 3D bootanimations.

Download:

DTstereo3D AROMA Installer

Installation:

Well, first check if you are using an ICS ROM with working 3D Panel, then the only thing you have to do is to open the AROMA zip from above in your touch recovery, select your current ROM (Sense or AOSP,...), let it finish and then enjoy the 3D animation.
    This bootanimation will overwrite the existing bootanimation. For MIUI – Users: The theme bootanimation will no longer work. (The rest of the theme will.)

Bugs:

• Stuck in 3D (Open Camera and Switch from 3D to 2D mode)

Change log:

• now one installtion for all ROMs.
    • new bootanimation binary.
    • fixed AROMA-issues.
    • fixed no 3D issue.
    • some sense 3.6 devices will still have the stuck 3D issue. Sorry for that, it's related to the bootanim binary.
    • v1.1: Hopefully fixed 3D stuck bug. Thanx to all who helped :beer:
    • v1: Initial Release

Important notes:

This bootanimation is designed to be an example for more. I think everybody appreciates when more designers start to do stereoscopic bootanimations.
    The only thing I want you to remember and I want you to do is to give proper credits to the bootanimation binary – to give credits to argraben who did this incredible binary. And if you are using my bootanimation also mention my name too.
    You know it cost a lot of time and I know that you will honor it.

Huge thanks to:

Agrabren – for his awesome binary and giving me the chance to make the first ever stereoscopic bootanimation *feeling proud* -- dude you’re just awesome

ilDuce – who told agrabren that I might be able to do 3D bootanims and also for all the quick help later.

Turge – for helping me with my AROMA script (next time I will do better – I promise :D )

Supported ICS Version:

• [*]Sense 3.6

[*]Sense 4 (Yes 3D works!)

[*]MIUI v4

[*]CM9/AOSP
    [TUT] How To make 3D Bootanimations

Tutorial – How to make 3D bootanimations

This tutorial is not meant to explain how 3D or stereoscopy works. It more shall represent a guide how you can easily achieve 3D animations.

First of all, you always need two source images which are later merged together.

Second, don’t try to “3D” something which is 2D, it will not look like you want it to.(Ugly layers :$)

Third, you need to have a 3D animation program (e.g. Blender) and an after effect or a video editing software to arrange your loop parts.(e.g. after effects, premiere pro, magix, vegas,…)

If you use blender, you’ll soon notice a little problem: it doesn’t come with stereoscopic support like for example Cinema 4D.
    BUT - there are a lot of tutorials somewhere in the web (just use Google) which shows some quiet good workarounds for this.
    Anyway if you are lazy to search (like me :D), I can recommend you this tutorial.
    It’s quiet good to understand and very useful: http://www.noeol.de/s3d/

In the end you just imagine how we humans recognize 3D. We have two cameras (our eyes) and a limited amount of focus. That means when we put an object too close to our eyes we are not able to see it in detail or even sharp (we see it twice).
    Consequently the same will happen when the objects are too close to the cameras in your animation program.
    So you either have to activate depth of field (so that the object gets blurry – like in reality) or you should move away from object.

When you’ve done your animation you should export every camera as a picture sequence in separate folders. You then can open up Stereo Photo Maker (you find it in this section) and Covert the exported frames into “3D”.

Select “File > multi conversion”:
    batch.png

A new window pops up asking you which files you want to convert.

First of all we’ll go to the source folder of the left images. Directly under the folder area we have the different modes how spm will import our source images.
    I selected independent left and right images – it’s easier to handle, but it depends on how you export the images from your animation program.
    Like I said I would suggest you to export the in two separate folders, it will guarantee you the best quality.

Anyway we then select the directory of the right images. (little Checkbox)

The next step is important. We have to select the merging mode.
    We’ll select “Column Interlaced” from the dropdown list. If you need to you also can activate “swap l/r” – it sometimes gives you better results.(Things come out of the screen, or go into it)
    settings.JPG

Finally we just have to select our output folder.
    destination.JPG

Then click on “Convert All Files” this will take a minute and then you are ready to go.

Create a desc.txt with the usual stuff, but then add a new line after containing “d3”. This will tell the bootanimation binary to turn on portrait 3D mode.

Tip: You better merge the pictures in full-res and then select JPG as compression method(Q:99). Otherwise 3D will not look as good as it could.(Due to low-res or too big files (png))

Tip 2: The bootanimation binary is concerned about speed that’s why it only renders in 16-bits. This can make gradients not look as smooth as they maybe look on your computer. Just keep that in mind.

I hope I could help you a bit. Happy bootanimating. I will also create some new animations so be prepared and have an eye on this forum :D
    Teh best Bootanimation I have ever seen! Waiting for Miui version.

Dude MIUI already is supported ;)

Will this animation be improved in anyway and see an update in the future or is it done (final)? Maybe the colors could be a bit more vivid or how about the problem with 3D still being active after boot... Just some suggestions. Great boot animation BTW, I would love a 3D outro animation when you turn off the phone. Thanks :good:

The animation so far is done. I don't see so much colors in it and the most are caused by 16-bit rendering. ;) the script itself will get its update soon, but the stuck 3D issue is not as easy as it maybe sounds and i want to publish a working version. Everything else would truly be rubbish :)

Hi, how can i uninstall this animation?

Just flash any animation above it.