380 posts
Thanks Meter: 837

By umbrella android, Senior Member on 16th September 2013, 08:40 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
23rd September 2013, 10:40 PM |#1951  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 815

More
Its not gonna come out this week as said by blackberry wtf!!! http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/09/...W_TW1379968214

Sent from my w650 using Tapatalk 4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sinnerz2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sinnerz2000 Ad-Free
23rd September 2013, 10:41 PM |#1952  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
#BBM4ALL update from Andrew Bocking, the head of BBM http://blck.by/16Cn7S6
The Following User Says Thank You to dollarvora For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dollarvora Ad-Free
23rd September 2013, 10:42 PM |#1953  
Flag ANYWHERE YOU AIN'T
Thanks Meter: 87

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnerz2000

Its not gonna come out this week as said by blackberry wtf!!! http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/09/...W_TW1379968214

Sent from my w650 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks for that information.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4
23rd September 2013, 10:47 PM |#1954  
Thanks Meter: 420

Donate to Me
More
So in short millions of users slamming the servers on a build that had known bugs to cause high traffic load caused this. To block bad meant delaying offical release and updating system/offical release accordingly.

Does that mean that the said millions of users delayed it lol.
23rd September 2013, 10:48 PM |#1955  
Thanks Meter: 125

More
BBM for Android and iPhone update – Note from the head of BBM
Posted by Andrew Bocking

Hi Android and iPhone users, This is Andrew Bocking, head of BBM at BlackBerry. As a follow up to our first blog post on Saturday, I want to take a moment to provide you with an update on the rollout of BBM on Android and iPhone.

Last week, an unreleased, older version of the BBM for Android app was posted on numerous file sharing sites. We were aware of an issue with this unreleased version of the BBM for Android app. This older version resulted in volumes of data traffic orders of magnitude higher than normal for each active user and impacted the system in abnormal ways. The version we were planning to release on Saturday addressed these issues, however we could not block users of the unreleased version if we went ahead with the launch. We attempted to address the problems caused by the unreleased version throughout the day on Saturday, but as active users of the unreleased app neared a million – and accelerated – it became clear that the only way to address the issue was to pause the rollout for both Android and iPhone.

The team is now focused on adjusting the system to completely block this unreleased version of the Android app when we go live with the official BBM for Android app. We are also making sure that the system is reinforced to handle this kind of scenario in the future. While this may sound like a simple task – it’s not. This will take some time and I do not anticipate launching this week.

Thank you for your patience while we take the time needed to deliver the experience you expect from BBM. We will continue to provide you with updates here on InsideBlackBerry.com and through @bbm on Twitter. We will notify everyone who has pre-registered on BBM.com when BBM is available on Android and iPhone.

Andrew Bocking
EVP, BBM
23rd September 2013, 10:50 PM |#1956  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
"I do not anticipate launching this week"
Now I can happily say they can f**k o*f, I'm good without bbm and happy with my whatsapp.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4
23rd September 2013, 10:52 PM |#1957  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
So, they have developed a BETA version of their app without planning how to kill it in the future? that's a lame excuse... But we'll wait...
23rd September 2013, 10:52 PM |#1958  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalDroid

BlackBerry Limited is the ONLY developer you need to be watching.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4

Excuse me sir, can you give me an explanation for this? Which one is true??? BlackBerry Limited or BLACKBERRY????

Sent from my Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1379969552287.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	2278094  
23rd September 2013, 10:54 PM |#1959  
Thanks Meter: 420

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrocks89

"I do not anticipate launching this week"
Now I can happily say they can f**k o*f, I'm good without bbm and happy with my whatsapp.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

It's not their fault tho.. they didn't tell all of you to use a leaked beta. the moment i touched that and removed it 30 minutes later i could tell it had major issues in networking area (constantly reconnecting and insanely high battery drain).

The said battery drain was due to the fact that it had some major bugs yet millions of people kept trying to make it work slamming on the servers... so in the end blame the people who relentlessly tried to make it work (and eventually did for a while).
The Following User Says Thank You to kibmcz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kibmcz Ad-Free
23rd September 2013, 10:54 PM |#1960  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 155

More
I am glad Blackberry have released a statement over this matter cos I like rest of us have been going crazy waiting for the app! This means we wont have to repeatedly check XDA and BBM Twitter for good news we so badly craved! Time we all went back to normal daily lives! lol
23rd September 2013, 10:55 PM |#1961  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi
I still dont understand the reason why they had to stop iphone roll out.
No leak on iOS as I understand.
Both versions ios and android not being tuned and generatingto much events / traffic ... ?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread