Finding a NEW Skyrocket battery

Search This thread

harry_fine

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
I'm in Canada, with Rogers and have had a SR for about 18 months. Time for a new battery mid-contract.

But Rogers doesn't sell them any more. Nor does Best Buy, Future Shop, the Source etc. There are lots of phone vendors around, but I find that they sell them at $20 - $30, and they must be used, because even after a few cycles and battery calibration, they are usually worse than my old battery. I've bought two from Pacific Mall, they were awful.

I've been told that unless Samsung sells it to you, it's a refurbished battery. Don't even know what that might be.

So with the retailers no longer stocking batteries for non-current phones, where does one get a NEW Skyrocket battery in Canada?

Also looking for a Verizon Samsung Nexus Extended Battery (2200) as per another thread here. They are gone! Nobody has them. I'd love to try one on my Skyrocket, as it's a higher capacity and most say the fit is not an issue, but nobody seems to sell those either. Ebay sellers are out of stock with no idea if they are coming back in.

Is this what it's come to? Do you throw your phone away after 18 months???

Last edited:

lart2150

Dec 17, 2010
Chicago
I'm in Canada, with Rogers and have had a SR for about 18 months. Time for a new battery mid-contract.

But Rogers doesn't sell them any more. Nor does Best Buy, Future Shop, the Source etc. There are lots of phone vendors around, but I find that they sell them at $20 - $30, and they must be used, because even after a few cycles and battery calibration, they are usually worse than my old battery. I've bought two from Pacific Mall, they were awful.

I've been told that unless Samsung sells it to you, it's a refurbished battery. Don't even know what that might be.

So with the retailers no longer stocking batteries for non-current phones, where does one get a NEW Skyrocket battery in Canada?

Also looking for a Verizon Samsung Nexus Extended Battery (2200) as per another thread here. They are gone! Nobody has them. I'd love to try one on my Skyrocket, as it's a higher capacity and most say the fit is not an issue, but nobody seems to sell those either. Ebay sellers are out of stock with no idea if they are coming back in.

Is this what it's come to? Do you throw your phone away after 18 months???

I'm in the states but it looks like amazon.co has a bunch of market sellers who have EBL1D7IBA the main worry would be if it's really used.

fham

Dec 11, 2008
If you can have someone in the US order it for you Sprint is offering the OEM Galaxy Nexus battery (2100 mAh) with battery door for free with US $6.50 for shipping you would have a steal at your hand.

I ordered one for my SR last time they had the same offer and though the extended battery is a snug fir under the regular SR back cover it does last about 2-3 hours longer with moderate to heavy use as compared to the original.

Here is the quote;
"Sprint offers the Samsung Extended Battery Bundle for Galaxy Nexus for $49.99. Coupon code "BATTERY1" makes it free. With $6.50 for shipping, that's the lowest total price we could find by $28. It includes a 2,100mAh lithium ion extended battery and battery door."

Link here: http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/accessory/ao_details.jsp?accSKU=64800058

ne0tekk1

Aug 7, 2012
If you can have someone in the US order it for you Sprint is offering the OEM Galaxy Nexus battery (2100 mAh) with battery door for free with US $6.50 for shipping you would have a steal at your hand.

I ordered one for my SR last time they had the same offer and though the extended battery is a snug fir under the regular SR back cover it does last about 2-3 hours longer with moderate to heavy use as compared to the original.

Here is the quote;
"Sprint offers the Samsung Extended Battery Bundle for Galaxy Nexus for $49.99. Coupon code "BATTERY1" makes it free. With $6.50 for shipping, that's the lowest total price we could find by $28. It includes a 2,100mAh lithium ion extended battery and battery door."

Link here: http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/accessory/ao_details.jsp?accSKU=64800058

Was just looking up batteries for the my skyrocket when I stumbled into this thread. That's an AMAZING deal. Ordered one and repped you.
Thanks!

Wesley32

Jun 4, 2012
Louisville
I just ordered this online too. Does this ship to your house or do you have to pick it up at a sprint store? mine says pick up in store? I guess it doesn't really matter.

Also, Does this battery really last longer than the OEM one? i've had mine for about 18 months now and its time for a new one. Can't beat $6.50 though. Awesome find!

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
I just ordered this online too. Does this ship to your house or do you have to pick it up at a sprint store? mine says pick up in store? I guess it doesn't really matter.

Also, Does this battery really last longer than the OEM one? i've had mine for about 18 months now and its time for a new one. Can't beat $6.50 though. Awesome find!

No idea on pickup or delivery
I bought mine at the Verizon store.

Yes it lasts a bit longer than stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
Yeah I ordered one too with that link, and I'm up in Canada, used a shipping forward service :D

I have no intentions of getting rid of my rocket, even after purchasing a new phone. Its still perfectly viable, and once I warranty my otter box a PERFECT backup device.

medmansri

Jul 2, 2006
While I wait for the shipment, does anyone have any pics of the phone with the batt installed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

vincom

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Yeah I ordered one too with that link, and I'm up in Canada, used a shipping forward service :D

I have no intentions of getting rid of my rocket, even after purchasing a new phone. Its still perfectly viable, and once I warranty my otter box a PERFECT backup device.

which shipping forwarding service did you use

medmansri

Jul 2, 2006
Just got the new batt, and it does fit along with a Seidio Surface case, just. Didn't have to trim anything as long as the cover was snapped into place on the left side first.

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron
Defiantly use the nexus 2100 extended battery it gives ur skyrocket a new much needed battery boost. I am using it myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

badillin

Dec 27, 2010
Well if you are willing to wait, i bought a couple of batteries from AliExpress.com and they have been working preetty well, both of them (i ordered different to test them out) last longer than the original...

I still use from time to time the original batt, but the honest truth is that the 2 chinese are my main batteries.

TdotDude

Nov 16, 2014
I ordered a 2500 mla(?) battery from amazon.ca for mine. Works awesome. Fits in without any mods.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is the quote;

While I wait for the shipment, does anyone have any pics of the phone with the batt installed?

There's no real difference. Maybe a slight bulge if you don't trim the battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    which shipping forwarding service did you use

Cbiusa, then drive to Niagara to pick it up. I live in Toronto GTA so for me its easy.