FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V6 GSM] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery, Flash Stock Image

12,328 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,153
 
By mskip, Retired Senior Moderator on 6th October 2012, 07:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st December 2012, 02:18 AM |#501  
harpocrates's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Norwood
Thanks Meter: 117
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artnada

Is v2.3.1 supposed to auto update to version 3.0.0 with a donate paid version? Mine doesn't seem to update. Just says I have latest version.

I am having the same issue..it used to update since i had donate version but now it doesnt..so now im downloading version 3 all over again..just wondering if ill have to reenter my donate key and if it will work when its done or say that key has been used...
 
 
21st December 2012, 02:33 AM |#502  
mskip's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,153
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpocrates

I am having the same issue..it used to update since i had donate version but now it doesnt..so now im downloading version 3 all over again..just wondering if ill have to reenter my donate key and if it will work when its done or say that key has been used...

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 TOOLKIT V3.0.0 [18TH DEC 2012] RELEASED!!

This release is a very big update and has soo many changes I can't list them all above.

There is no Auto Update available to V3.0.0 as the new file structure I have adopted means the Auto Update is nearly as big as the full version. Please download the full version from the first post and then you can Auto Update to future versions from there.

You can use your existing code to reactivate but if you install the new version over the old one then it should automatically reactivate.

Mark.
21st December 2012, 02:48 AM |#503  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
can this toolkit V3.0.0 apply to Galaxy Note (1) ??
21st December 2012, 05:11 AM |#504  
Senior Member
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 337
 
More
If I put my phone in download mode, will it always show "downloading...".. should I wait for this to disappear or just go ahead and connect.

@mskip : If my model is GT-N7100 ALJ1, why do I have to select the ALJ3 file according to the setup?

Is there something I'm missing? How long should a flash last? Mine seems to just hang halfway. Could You please help me out here - I'm gettting frantic and I'm feeling I'm close to bricking my phone...
21st December 2012, 09:39 AM |#505  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Can this tool reset the counter on downloading page? I mean the number of times you've flashed your phone using Odin.
21st December 2012, 12:15 PM |#506  
mskip's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,153
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgohdt125

can this toolkit V3.0.0 apply to Galaxy Note (1) ??

No definitely not you will most probably brick your device if you try it.

Mark.
21st December 2012, 12:27 PM |#507  
Senior Member
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 337
 
More
If my device still boots normally after a failed attempt at rooting it, is it still fine?

I cannot get it rooted with this toolkit...
21st December 2012, 12:27 PM |#508  
mskip's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,153
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffin617

If I put my phone in download mode, will it always show "downloading...".. should I wait for this to disappear or just go ahead and connect.

@mskip : If my model is GT-N7100 ALJ1, why do I have to select the ALJ3 file according to the setup?

Is there something I'm missing? How long should a flash last? Mine seems to just hang halfway. Could You please help me out here - I'm gettting frantic and I'm feeling I'm close to bricking my phone...

If you reboot to Download Mode via the Toolkit (adb reboot download) then it will just show the green android man (or lady) with downloading... underneath which means its in download mode and ready for flashing.

There is very little (if any) difference in boot images between builds on the same number (i.e. ALJ1 and ALJ3) and I cannot possibly add every single build so builds that are close can share the same image. ALJ3 is newer than ALJ1 and will be perfectly compatable.

Flashing a boot or recovery image will only take a few seconds. If it hangs during the process and won't complete then pull the battery and usb cable, replace the battery and reboot back to download mode (volume down,Home and power buttons for a few seconds, then press volume up when asked) and try the flash again.

As long as you can get back into downlad mode then you can restore your device so dont worry too much.

If you can't root with options 1,2 or 3 then try the Recovery root options (4 and 5).

Mark.
21st December 2012, 12:29 PM |#509  
Senior Member
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 337
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

If you reboot to Download Mode via the Toolkit (adb reboot download) then it will just show the green android man (or lady) with downloading... underneath which means its in download mode and ready for flashing.

There is very little (if any) difference in boot images between builds on the same number (i.e. ALJ1 and ALJ3) and I cannot possibly add every single build so builds that are close can share the same image. ALJ3 is newer than ALJ1 and will be perfectly compatable.

Flashing a boot or recovery image will only take a few seconds. If it hangs during the process and won't complete then pull the battery and usb cable, replace the battery and reboot back to download mode (volume down,Home and power buttons for a few seconds, then press volume up when asked) and try the flash again.

As long as you can get back into downlad mode then you can restore your device so dont worry too much.

If you can't root with options 1,2 or 3 then try the Recovery root options (4 and 5).

Mark.

I've tried this about 10 times last night - NO go...

Can I assume that if I wait for about 2 minutes after pressing start and it doesn't say PASSED, that it hanged?
21st December 2012, 12:30 PM |#510  
mskip's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,153
 
Donate to Me
More
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 TOOLKIT AUTO UPDATE V3.1.0 [21ST DEC 2012] AVAILABLE!!

Changelog:
+Added CWM 6.0.2.5 Recovery Images for ATT, LTE, Sprint, TMobile + Verizon
+Updated all the root/unroot procedures for more stability
+Added Sideload any zip file via Custom Recovery [CWM or TWRP] to Main Menu
+Added support for TMOBILE [SGH-T889] build JRO03C ALK8
+Added option to disable Verizon Start Info Screen via Toolkit Settings
+Changed NAND Restore path to /data/media to support JB4.2 [when it arrives to the device]

For people who do not want or cannot get the Auto Update versions you can download cwm touch from http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager and use the Toolkit to create a tar file and flash it via odin. The Toolkit just makes it ALLOT easier.

I have uploaded all of my toolkits to goo.im so if you ever need to download one click on the link in my sig.

[Auto Updates are only accessible if you have donated to the Toolkit project, received an activation code and unlocked the donator features. Auto Updates are a much faster and easier way of pushing small updates that would otherwise not be worth doing. I can push a single textual change or add support for a new build without having to go through the whole process of building a full version and uploading a large file. IF you are not able to or do not want to donate to unlock the Auto Update feature (and other donator features) then all the smaller updates are collated and a full build made when I have time or if there are enough updates to warrant it. This is the easiest way to make sure all the Toolkits are as up to date as possible. IF you have any views about this please pm me about them and do not post in the open thread]

Enjoy

Mark.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free
21st December 2012, 12:36 PM |#511  
mskip's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,153
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffin617

I've tried this about 10 times last night - NO go...

Can I assume that if I wait for about 2 minutes after pressing start and it doesn't say PASSED, that it hanged?

Yes you are correct.

Can you post a screenshot of odin when it hangs so I can check it.

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes