Post Reply Email Thread
9th February 2013, 04:29 AM |#501  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,763

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualJoe

It didn't install anything to init.d here and data leak is still present. Can you post that init.d script so we can manually install it?
Edit: Is this one ok?
Edit2: No, it's not ok.. It blocks everything but AFWall cannot revert it.

I'll pushing the build this weekend, you can test after that. Yes. currently there is a data leak.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ukanth For This Useful Post: [ View ]

9th February 2013, 10:55 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello all

I m going to use a Firewall but i dont know which One

I have some questions:

1. Is it possible to bypass these fw cause there is not implented like pdroid in the rom directly ?

2. How much more akku i need it to use for my handy?

Regards fireskyer
10th February 2013, 01:54 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 1,333

More
ukanth,
an interesting discovery...
You know the startup bug after a boot?
I updated from ICS to JB last night and the bug is not there.
I tested 3 reboots. I am back to ICS for now but thought I would let you know. Sorry I don't have any logs...but I know you already received some from me a short while ago.
The Following User Says Thank You to themadproducer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift themadproducer Ad-Free
11th February 2013, 07:36 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireskyer

1. Is it possible to bypass these fw cause there is not implented like pdroid in the rom directly ?

2. How much more akku i need it to use for my handy?

1. Any app with root access can rewrite the iptables and sneak out.
2. You don't need any extra battery power. With AFWall your battery will last longer. AFWall writes iptables at boot,, and then it doesn't do anything anymore. As soon as the first app that tries to go online gets blocked you'll have saved more battery juice than AFWall will ever use.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rogier666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rogier666 Ad-Free
11th February 2013, 08:06 PM |#505  

More
Question Custom Rule
Is it possible to create a custom rule that allows rsync traffic through to a particular IP address on my local LAN whilst still maintaining all the rules that I currently have defined using the GUI?
13th February 2013, 01:31 AM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
SSHdroid Pro (incoming connections)
First off it looks like I need a custom rule to allow in-bound connections such as ssh, the next question is what should such a rule look like?

Thanks,
ERIC
13th February 2013, 01:44 AM |#507  
de
Thanks Meter: 859

More
Use a custom script to allow your subnet. Something like this:

Quote:

# Allow local + loopback
$IPTABLES -A "afwall" --destination "192.168.1.0/24" -j RETURN || exit
$IPTABLES -A "afwall" --destination "127.0.0.1" -j RETURN || exit

# Allow DNS
$IPTABLES -A "afwall" -p tcp -m tcp --dport 53 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j RETURN || exit
$IPTABLES -A "afwall" -p udp -m udp --dport 53 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j RETURN || exit

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DualJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DualJoe Ad-Free
13th February 2013, 07:55 AM |#508  

More
Re: [2.2+][ROOT][1.1.9] AFWall+ IPTables Firewall [26/Jan/2013]
@DualJoe

Thanks. Works a treat. Who knows what I did last time. Something was obviously wrong as it wiped out my existing rules. It looked like your suggestion though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
13th February 2013, 08:31 AM |#509  
Recognized Contributor
Flag 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Thanks Meter: 2,289

Donate to Me
More
Re: [2.2+][ROOT][1.1.9] AFWall+ IPTables Firewall [26/Jan/2013]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualJoe

Use a custom script to allow your subnet. Something like this:

Interesting.. You run this thru init.d on boot I assume?

---
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together. (via Tapatalk)
14th February 2013, 01:27 AM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_m

Hm, I have "My Data Manager" with a 1 GB limit installed, and I have the same problem with having to reapply the firewall rules. Thanks for the tip, and I hope removing the data limit will solve the problem!

Edit: How can I tell if some service applied iptable rules after a boot up? I disabled data limits and I still have to re-apply my firewall rules after a re-boot ...

I'm having the same problem as you. I don't have data limits enabled and I've used My Data Manager in the past, but no longer use it. On both phones that I've used My Data Manager on, everytime an application is updated on the Playstore, I have to reapply the AfWall+ rules to regain internet connectivity.

It seems like there's some conflict between whatever My Data Manager leaves modified on the system and AfWall+.

Does anyone have any suggestions for disabling whatever is killing internet connectivity when an application is installed? I've reinstalled My Data Manager and disabled any possible options dealing with limits, then uninstalled it and the problem persists.

Also, another odd behavior is after an application is installed and I load AfWall+, it hangs on the reading applications. I always to kill it, then reopen it for it to completely open and list the applications installed.

Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doom5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift doom5 Ad-Free
14th February 2013, 05:43 AM |#511  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,763

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom5

I'm having the same problem as you. I don't have data limits enabled and I've used My Data Manager in the past, but no longer use it. On both phones that I've used My Data Manager on, everytime an application is updated on the Playstore, I have to reapply the AfWall+ rules to regain internet connectivity.

It seems like there's some conflict between whatever My Data Manager leaves modified on the system and AfWall+.

Does anyone have any suggestions for disabling whatever is killing internet connectivity when an application is installed? I've reinstalled My Data Manager and disabled any possible options dealing with limits, then uninstalled it and the problem persists.

Also, another odd behavior is after an application is installed and I load AfWall+, it hangs on the reading applications. I always to kill it, then reopen it for it to completely open and list the applications installed.

Thanks.

Next update should fix this issue and also I'm working on many other important fixes which are there for quite some time(UI/Log/Hangs/Reapply/Data Limit etc.,). Next update might take some time ( 2-3 weeks) but it should resolve most of these issues .

Thanks!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ukanth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
block internet, droidwall, firewall, iptables, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)