Thanks Meter: 4,831

Post Reply Email Thread
16th June 2017, 01:53 PM |#9501  
Thanks Meter: 2,416

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4rgh3st

Yes, it is checked.

It's clear from your log that Adaway isn't getting root permission. Why isn't clear.

I actually clean flashed, rooted with Magisk (I usually use supersu), and tried with all three variants of Adaway in the OP. In each case, Adaway worked perfectly, but if I denied su access (Magisk manager -> three bar menu -> supersu -> turn off switch for Adaway) then I'd get similar results to your log.

I don't think this is an Adaway problem.

Maybe you could remove supersu permission for Adaway then restart Adaway. At least Magisk should respond with a prompt to grant access. If it doesn't, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you'll get better help in the Magisk thread. I'm on a Nexus 6 so the difference to an LG may be at issue.
16th June 2017, 04:31 PM |#9502  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

/snip

Thx again for your time. I guess I solved it by removing and re-flashing Magisk.
16th June 2017, 04:33 PM |#9503  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrRobinson

[INDENT]For systemless root support

-- Use a 3.2 or later AdAway version. Just go to preferences and select the systemless checkbox. Big thanks to @PerfectSlayer

i cannot go to the settings because it complains that it didnt find a su binary ad the only option is to exit
16th June 2017, 06:42 PM |#9504  
Thanks Meter: 1,630

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niemand_geringeres

i cannot go to the settings because it complains that it didnt find a su binary ad the only option is to exit

What version of root are you using?
16th June 2017, 08:39 PM |#9505  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niemand_geringeres

To expand on the previous answer, that setting has nothing to do with Adaway finding root. It's only telling Adaway where to put the new hosts file. For many reasons, people want it handled systemless.

You'll have to sort out why your root app isn't giving Adaway access.

If your using Magisk, make sure you install Magisk manager. Else Adaway can't get root. The manager app is no longer in the play store so search the Magisk forum for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
Jas0nA
17th June 2017, 08:10 AM |#9506  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
[QU SanOTE=ktmom;72681012]What version recovery are you using? That sounds really out of date.[COLOR="Silver"]

I have teamwin v.2.8.5.0
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
17th June 2017, 02:05 PM |#9507  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 12,929

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas0nA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

What version recovery are you using? That sounds really out of date.

I have teamwin v.2.8.5.0

Whereas my TWRP is 3.1. So, yes, yours seems out of date. Have you checked for a newer version for your device?
17th June 2017, 02:09 PM |#9508  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas0nA

I have teamwin v.2.8.5.0

Looking at your other posts, I take it you have a droid razr. That really is old

You might be able to get away with rerooting with that option but I doubt it. You'll probably get a boot loop. Go to the supersu beta thread, search for unsu.zip in an osm0sis post that dates back to cira 2015. I think that was supersu version 2.56 era. Read through all of the problems that twrp created and why twrp no longer offers to root.

I think the advice you were given previously is the easiest solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqman89

If you have a custom recovery, just empty the file /etc/hosts

17th June 2017, 02:14 PM |#9509  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
If adaway isn't finding root with magisk, you have to go to magisk manager settings and uncheck the box that says magisk hide. This will allow you to open adaway, give it root and install the host file. Then go back to magisk and recheck the box. Note that you won't be able to open adaway when the box is checked, even if you have given it root access. So just uncheck everytime you want to update your hosts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pomefrum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pomefrum Ad-Free
17th June 2017, 03:10 PM |#9510  
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 813

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomefrum

If adaway isn't finding root with magisk, you have to go to magisk manager settings and uncheck the box that says magisk hide. This will allow you to open adaway, give it root and install the host file. Then go back to magisk and recheck the box. Note that you won't be able to open adaway when the box is checked, even if you have given it root access. So just uncheck everytime you want to update your hosts.

What version of magisk are you using? I don't need to do that with v12.0
17th June 2017, 03:16 PM |#9511  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by githyanki

What version of magisk are you using? I don't need to do that with v12.0

Just installed the latest beta (13 something?). Also it wasn't working on v12 either.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)