[ROM][2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7.2 (Alpha9 - 10/03/2013)

Search This thread

shr33kant

Nov 3, 2010
Mad props to you marcell. This is something I never thought would never happen for our phone. Fantastic work man! I'll donate as soon as I get a job and can spare you some ;)

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA App

pflorin

Dec 28, 2010
omg, this sounds amazing.. i think anyone who can code and knows some about linux OS, please help marcell in any way to port this to our lovely sg3.

thanks marcel for your efforts.

gaby02

Sep 26, 2010
Far away :)
marcellusbe post a screen with theme chooser app so I think it works. But I don't know if it's compatible with Mdpi or Ldpi themes...

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
What does the [WiP] stand for?
Interesting a "senior member" developing instead of "recognized developers"...

My cap goes down to you Marcellusbe, we finally got a developer for SG3, first the Fugumod and now Cyanogen, you deserve recognition, not these two fakers (you know who you are) that take credit for somebody else's work!

Who approves these "recognitions", I would love to have a word with this person...
hi
1st behave ur self and respect other developers and the recognized developer is given by a team of seniors with enough experience to give the same so pls dont comment on those who got it
criticizing other developers is not appreciated by this forum respect all developers
consider this as a soft warning to you. Dont cause un wanted trouble OK

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
I am behaving within the forum rules. Criticism is not forbidden, i hope this is not a totalitarian forum.

Without any personal offence, the "recognized developers" have yet to develop something for sg3 or Android, so the "recognized developer" title is pointless. "Recognized customizer" would be much more appropriate. This way, the meaning of "developer" is diminished.

I will not respond to this post in order to prevent further off topic.

"Recognized developers" please earn your title and help marcellusbe with his project.

Sent from my Nexus 3
Man, calm down, marcellusbe will definitely get a recognized develloper if he applyes for that.
A recognized develloper only has the advantage of getting more control over his own threads here on xda, that's why this makes also sense for rom chefs and even theamers. If the title develloper is well choosen for this is an other story, but in any case all this is not about deserving anything or not, it is just to give the guys who do the work here for us have some more control over their property.

----------------------------------------
tapatalked

peldax

Feb 8, 2011
Pilsen
Agree, customizer or developer... you can think its: recognized developer/customizer

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

Benjamin_L

Nov 30, 2010
Can we please return to the topic please? Customer or developer, who cares? It's just a word after all and I think we all agree that everyone here is doing a damn great job!

stubborn_d0nkey

Dec 12, 2010
Mostar
The recognized developers (dont really know who is from our forum) like kyrillos have done stuff to develop, not just "customize". It might not have been something bombastic like CM, but a lot of "little" (not trying to take away props with this word) stuff can mean a lot.
Also you could make an argument that all development for the phone is also customization, and that some customization is development.

Anyways, whats due is due. Mad props to marcellusbe! Great work! If you want it, you will of course get help from the people from the "old" cyanogenmod port thread, just let me/us know (I'll pm you the login details for the sg3cmport if you want)

Panos_dm

Jan 26, 2011
Great work marcellus. If you need alpha testers later just count me in. I was about to sell my galaxy 3 but it seems I'll wait to see where this leads to... Keep it up.

sent from my lestatious 1.9 nokia 3210

JohnstonF

Mar 25, 2011
mumbai
Could someone please tell me what is so great about CM7.. not to take away anything from marcell and his work.. i highly appreciate what he is doing for our phone.. i just don't know why CM is so famous!
What makes it special?

Sent from my G3 using XDA app
Indroid 4.2 Dark Froyo Hypermix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

This thread is here to let you know how is the port of CyanogenMod 7 and to discuss about it.

Actually, the CM7 port is in alpha stage, until all the hardware is working. The ROM is very stable and can be used everyday, but you could miss some features that are not yet (fully) working like bluetooth.

Main rules :
    There is no ETA so, please, don't ask.

What is working :
    - Android system 2.3.7 / CyanogenMod 7.2
    - SDcard is usable
    - 2D software renderer with correct aspect ratio
    - Mobile network connection (Fixed 06/02/2011)
    - Wifi module (Fixed 06/02/2011)
    - Sound (Fixed 04/06/2011)
    - Vibrator (Fixed 04/06/2011)
    - Power key menu (04/06/2011)
    - Cpufreq driver (fix cyanogenmod performance setting - 16/06/2011)
    - GPS (19/06/2011)
    - CWM 5.0.2.7 (22/06/2011)
    - Sensors (akm8973 - 20/07/2011)
    - 2D/3D graphic acceleration (07/09/2011 - alpha6)
    - Camera (07/09/2011 - alpha6)
    - Video (07/09/2011 - alpha6)
    - Screen Off CRT animation (29/09/2011 - alpha6.1)
    - Screenshot option menu (29/09/2011 - alpha6.1)
    - FM radio (27/10/2011 - alpha7)
    - USB mass storage (05/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - BLN (06/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - Device specific settings - G3 Parts (voodoo sound control integrated) (09/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - Audio recording (30/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - Sensors (proximity) - (04/12/2011 - alpha7)
    - Wifi AP (10/12/2011 - alpha7)
    - Audio/Video Hardware codecs (16/01/2012 - alpha8 - Thanks lebidou!!)
    - Screen rotation and new transition animations (26/01/2012 - alpha8)
    - OpenFIMG (22/03/2012 - alpha8)
    - Camera preview (22/03/2012 - alpha8)
    - Video camera recording (04/03/2013 - alpha9)

- All languages available (en_US, ar_EG, ar_IL, ur_PK, fa_IR, bg_BG, ca_ES, cs_CZ, da_DK, de_AT, de_CH, de_DE, de_LI, el_GR, en_AU, en_CA, en_GB, en_IE, en_IN, en_NZ, en_SG, en_ZA, es_ES, fi_FI, fr_BE, fr_CA, fr_CH, fr_FR, he_IL, hi_IN, hr_HR, hu_HU, it_CH, it_IT, ja_JP, ka_GE, ko_KR, lt_LT, lv_LV, nb_NO, nl_BE, nl_NL, pl_PL, pt_BR, pt_PT, ro_RO, ru_RU, sk_SK, sl_SI, sr_RS, sv_SE, th_TH, tl_PH, tr_TR, uk_UA, vi_VN, zh_CN, zh_HK, zh_TW)

Check the bugreport thread and use the link below to report a bug :
    http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/issues/list

What don't work for now :
    - Bluetooth (A2DP) (may work on some devices)
    - Bluetooth (SCO)
    - USB tethering
    - ... maybe more

A special thank to mumbozver for making CWM working on G3 and to twinky444 for the usefull fixes/patches he has done to cm7 (some are merged in this build).

Alpha 8.1 running g3mod kernel - Video by Shree_Jamdar(Thanks!!)

Screenshots CM7 running on 5801 :
    20fzubm.png
    jhqvxz.png
    2d1wb44.png
    ogglg0.png
    2ecooz7.png
    11tpwt2.png
    280rqrk.png
    2l9p92v.png
    md1ug1.png
    2ur5d0y.png
    ajtpp3.png
    avo428.png
    300zifd.png

Alpha7
    j5gw81.png
    2di2d75.png
    2v1ail3.png
    2vvjdd2.png
    vfb6fd.png
    2d7ddhd.png

Downloads

!!! DO NOT MIRROR PLEASE !!!

Alpha 9

:: changelog ::
    - Updated to latest CyanogenMod sources
    - MTD (cwm recovery) and BML versions (cwm & odin)

- Kernel OC 1Ghz (2.0) included
    - Modem XXJP4 included (Odin only)
    Changelog CyanogenMod : http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+branch:gingerbread,n,z

ALPHA 9 - CWM Package - BML Version : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7.2.0-GT-I5800_Alpha9_CWM.zip

ALPHA 9 - ODIN Package - BML Version : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7.2.0-GT-I5800_Alpha9_ODIN.zip

Looking for the MTD version ? See http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2309390

Kernel standard v2.0 (non oc, BML) : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7_Kernel_standard_2.0.tar
    Kernel OC v2.0 (1Ghz overclock, BML) : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7_Kernel_OC1Ghz_2.0.tar
    Kernel Ultra OC v2.0 (1,2 Ghz overclock, BML) : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7_Kernel_Ultra_1260_2.0.tar

Sources

You can find the device configuration here :

- common repo : https://github.com/sdadier/android_device_samsung_apollo-common
    - galaxy3 (bml) : https://github.com/sdadier/android_device_samsung_galaxy3
    Marcellusbe, i know you come online quite often as i can see from your profile so can you post any updates on the ROM please?

I'm on holiday next week so I will have more time for cm7. I've also a build of jellybean (based on cm10 sources) to share soon.
    Alpha9 released.
    thank for your patience :) see 1st post.

i will build the others kernels later. for now, it's only 1ghz overclock.
    @Everyone :

I have got many PM's regarding the state of this thread and i believe Marcel would have got more than me ......thats why i am sharing the Info.

Marcel have got the job he desired and currently have to move to CANADA......so it will probably take 1-2 Weeks.....

after that he should first get settled in there and should build up the development environment again.......

So till then i guess everyone should have patience.

Not 1-2 weeks but 3-4 months... but you know, it's not easy to immigrate in a new country so I'm very busy to prepare my family and myself for the move.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Some news about Alpha9 :
    - Camera : you can now use a barcode reader or any app that requires camera. It should work.
    - Video recording is working with some restrictions : not using hardware codec but software. Audio is not recorded but may be fixed soon.