Search This thread

golfgtiedition30

Dec 2, 2012
Sony Xperia Z
Samsung Galaxy Ace II
Last edited:

r0bertt

Jul 18, 2012
Can someone help me with rooting my gio? room 2.3.6 from Italy S5660XXKTU, S5660ITVKT4 (January 2013)...

r0bertt

Jul 18, 2012
But previous verios was rooted, the newest one doesn`t work, I don`t think so it`s connected with space in phone or something... i wouldn`t like to have custom, have lots of problem with that (had erikcas, maclaw, olddroid) but every time was the same end - reboting and catch bootloop... all data go to f******

Andrea19

Sep 4, 2012
Elbasan
But previous verios was rooted, the newest one doesn`t work, I don`t think so it`s connected with space in phone or something... i wouldn`t like to have custom, have lots of problem with that (had erikcas, maclaw, olddroid) but every time was the same end - reboting and catch bootloop... all data go to f******
try enhanced236

r0bertt

Jul 18, 2012
but i wouldn`t like to instal custom rom - i would like to have that rom from sammobile but rooted... is there any other possibility to do that?

r0bertt

Jul 18, 2012
So is there someone who could help me with root the newest rom for gio? @ItachiSama could you upload that file?

Reactions: oxygen_doi

s4meq

Oct 26, 2013
Andriod 2.3.5

Any chance it will work on 2.3.5? I mean, is this a universal rooting method for galaxy Gio? Thanks in advance :confused:

CVAngelo

Mar 24, 2015
Praia
investincv.blogspot.com
Confirmed for Gingerbread 2.3.6

I can confirm that the update.zip works perfectly with S5660 Gio running Android 2.3.6. Please note that this will provide root access via Superuser. If you wish to root with SuperSu by Chainfire, install CWM recovery (using a CWM zip available on XDA) after you've rooted with this Superuser by flashing SuperSu zip from CWM.

I've noticed a number of folks having problems rooting via the update.zip. I wonder if not turning on USB debugging may be part of the problem. I've always been taught that you've got to have USB Debugging turned on if you're going to root a phone. Regardless, I ALWAYS turn it on just in case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root your Gio With Gingerbread 2.3.3:
    1. Download: Update.zip
    2. Copy ZIP file to your SD-card
    3. Turn off your phone
    4. Now, you will have to switch ON your device in the recovery Mode which can be done by holding the Middle button and then Power ON the device by pressing the Power ON button.
    5. In recovery mode, you will see the option called update from SD Card, select this option and then you will see that the list of files will come from which you will have to select the file which is named as Update.zip
    6. Wait a few seconds (MAX 5 minutes!)

7. Your phone is rooted
    Root your Gio With Gingerbread 2.3.3:
    1. Download: Update.zip
    2. Copy ZIP file to your SD-card
    3. Turn off your phone
    4. Now, you will have to switch ON your device in the recovery Mode which can be done by holding the Middle button and then Power ON the device by pressing the Power ON button.
    5. In recovery mode, you will see the option called update from SD Card, select this option and then you will see that the list of files will come from which you will have to select the file which is named as Update.zip
    6. Wait a few seconds (MAX 5 minutes!)

7. Your phone is rooted
    Great! Works without issues
    Superoneclick with gingerbreak doesn't work but your guide saved my day

Thanks a lot :)
    Unroot:
    Run Unroot.zip as an update like Update1.zip.

FIX; when you cant install the update run first Unroot.zip
    Thanks for the info!
    For Bell/Virgin users I've fixed the package to support your device :)

It works perfectly out of the box.

same installation method