AlphaRevX - HTC Sensation HBOOT 1.17.0011 S-OFF coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Squeaky369

Feb 20, 2008
Indianapolis
agrabren:
@alpharevx So you guys rooted and s-off of the devices weeks ago? And you rooted but didn't give back to the community? Wow. Lots of claims!

agrabren:
Since @alpharevx has admitted to having s-off on both the Sensation and EVO 3D, dev on #Fre3Dom is officially over.

Screw the developer war, let's just get this out in the open as soon as possible. I'm sure if they haven't released it yet they have good reasons. Sometimes a hack is too risky in its present form to release.

Yes, I must agree with everyone on this forum. The thing that keeps us (Android Devs) separate from iPhone devs is that we all work together for a common goal.

They all work against each other and try and race to see who can come up with their "jailbreak" first and take months for a release on anything.

This is brilliant news, and I hope they can all hug and get along.

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
And we members are flamed for flaming each other!!!

I know I am not a developer or a skinner or a modder.. but I have given back to the community by answering questions and sharing solutions.. also donated (not that its the highlight)

I joined XDA almost 3 years back and its been wonderful, but am a bit annoyed that such talented dev's are arguing.. while i understand who ever has first achieved the S-OFF will be the proudest, but lets not forget that everyone else has put in their two cents..

Guys, please for the benefit of this whole big community, lets get our differences out of the way... i am sure things can be worked out.. at the end of the day we all want to enjoy the sensation exploiting its full potential.. and i know its can only be done if the two foremost developers come forward.

PS: No offense to anyone here esp not the two developers, but i feel the community is bigger than this.

T

Thyrus

true that this seperates us.

However, I still would prefer a little more than a video. For example, why it is not released yet, what issues there are currently that are preventing a release, things like that. THEN the devs can support each other to work on it.

that is somewhat groundbreaking news, so a proper "thread" would have been better than this sneakiness.

just my 2 cents

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
They did the same with their Desire S-OFF release - made sure it worked properly before releasing to everyone. Better that way to make sure it's n00b-proof but you know full well someone would brick their nice shiny Sensation and kick off at them.

Shame everyone has beef but it's the way of developing - get individual notoriety as opposed to helping the community

J3STUR

Jun 5, 2010
Flint, Mi
Yeah +1 on that, The android community has always worked together and thats why android is so popular, this is open source community, lets all get along and just get the s-off, i thank both teamwin and alpharevx for all there work they have done. Lets not let this tear the community apart!!

rank78

Dec 1, 2009
I don't think the drama is overblown, agrabren just seems kinda pissed that S-OFF info for the E3D wasn't shared when it was discovered weeks ago. I don't blame him, if devs are supposed to work together then why keep everyone in the dark? The general community doesn't need to know, but by devs keeping communication they can change the direction they're working toward, get ideas, or dump projects that are now obsolete. He shared his findings and finding out it wasn't reciprocated with regards to S-OFF sounds a bit disappointing.

That being said, I'm sure this will pass quickly and things will get back on track. This doesn't compare to the drama we've seen with iOS devs lol. Good job everyone, you've busted your ass for the greater good and continue to prove the Android community trumps the rest.

Hanguru

Jul 19, 2011
near Aarau
New Noob on the Road

Hey
First of all. this comunity rockz.
im think im not one of this noob of noobs...you know (i hope so)
the sensation is my first smartphone and i really faszinated of it. its not just a phone anymore.
i am reading and learning very much about that android,custom rom,recovery,superuser,app by step things and i am very proud to be one of the android users.

ok, the sensation is now ready to use!?!? i hope so...its time

dear s-off makers
thanks for doing that. work together guys... we all have this top phone or wathever it is. if i am can do some of this b-off or wonder boots or one of this "dont show my t-mobile apps on my locked sensation after reboot... i would share it. i am a good seller (in a poor shop (who cares?) and a really good dog trainer and i think i create a delisious tomato soup. i share my secrets with everyone who wants to khnow the big deal...everyone who knows wath the f*** this guys are doing. ask them! just like we all pleased htc to unlock this stupid bootloader. work together. thx

:rolleyes:

hey, by the way...
awsome news today. nice...
how soon?:D

sory my english is not perfect... greez from swissland:p

nooge9

Nov 11, 2010
Once HBoot S-OFF gets released, how much more work is required for Radio S-OFF? (No, I'm not asking for an ETA! :p).
In particular, I'm wondering how easy it is to get simlock off once we have HBoot S-Off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AlphaRevX - HTC Sensation (Pyramid) HBOOT 1.17.0011 S-OFF [COMING SOON]

GOOD NEWS !!

Hope to see the sensation on this list, soon

(version 0.2pre5) http://alpharev.nl/x/beta/

IRC channel - irc.freenode.net #alpharev
    Or just to get cred?
    They have it all sorted out and will soon releas it? What does soon mean in Holland?
    If we had not had this info, maybe we would have had a ready solution from agrabren?

We've been working with agrabren, and although a talented developer, I don't believe he was nearing any solution. He does things differently.

I agree. he should continue although I think he is upset with Alpharevx team.

Our differences are settled. We are grown ups, we can handle this stuff by ourselves, don't worry about it.

I do wholeheartedly agree with the post about AlphaRev being too secretive... XDA was set up to get things moving as a community. For a laugh the other day, I popped into their IRC chat, posed the simple question of what it would take to get the Sensation S-off released, the response was "about 20 coders, and an unlimited supply of cola" certainly good for a laugh, but I guarantee that those 20 coders, are here, and ready to help, if they would help support our COMMUNITY.

What is your point, exactly? "Too secretive?" The video posted was not supposed to be public, and leaked. Apart from that, we very well decide for our damn selves what we want to expose or not in terms of information, tyvm.

I really don't think this is for the general public. And I dont want to start a flame threat or anything.

Their approach to openness, sharing and community largely differs from mine. Let's leave it at that.

You're implying, however. Remind us: when was the last time you released an exploit?

--

That said, it would be nice for people to stop dreaming up their own conclusions and theories.

Yes, it's being developed for shooter/pyramid, perhaps more.
    Yes, across a number of HBOOTs.
    No, we are not trying to trump anyone.
    No, it's not done.
    Yes, it will be soon and available for general consumption.
    No, it will not be the same as HTC's 'supposed' unlock, as bootloader unlocking != S-OFF, nor do we have *any* details whatsoever what HTC's unlock entails.
    S-OFF is almost out of the question (because of the way it ties in with simlocking)
    Really? Complete with background music and you commenting/replying?

I commented as soon as it was public for everyone. There was no point in holding back at that point.

The background music I already chose for it ages ago.

Guess I have no choice but to repeat: get over it.
    And with that, I'm closing this thread. I'm sure we'll soon have more pop up when it's released :)
    I have no real idea about this, but isn't it possible that the 08 bootloader was released with the device (locked bootloader) and the 0011 update unlocked the bootloader? HTC may have been working at this from the beginning, since it seems that markets that got the Sensation later (eg canada) ended up with the 1.17.0011 hboot, where other areas started with the 1.17.0008 hboot. the 08 hboot would have been developed prior to the bootloader unlocking announcement, and the 0011 hboot would have been developed after.

Makes sense to me... not sure why HTC wouldn't tell us about it though... or I could be completely wrong.

I'm just speculating.

Just to prevent more FUD being spread: We tested on both 0008 / 0011. And no, it has nothing to do with HTC unlocking.

We will be working to make this work on all the generally available bootloaders, perhaps with the exception of old-as-**** ones (like 0005).