[ROM] Telus SGH-T989D Stock, Rooted, Lightly Tweaked, 100% [CIQ Free]

Search This thread

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Alright guys,

Here is a list of ciq **** i found and have rmoved in the framework, its present in tmobile and telus frameworks, with the acception that tmobiles CIQ is turned on with a system lib and a framework jar, that telus roms are lacking. so CIQ is dormant on telus roms. i still dont trust the fact that it appears dormant so i have started removing it. so far i have it ripped out of the framework in full, not a single speck of code pertaining to it is in the framework now.

I am moving on to decompiling the apps and checking them all for ciq code as well.

if any one wants a good read wired just did an interview with the CIQ guys, asking about there rootkit.
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/11/rootkit-brouhaha/

rmarquez1974

Nov 11, 2009
Screw that. Android is open source for the most part and as a user I WANT to be able to keep my stuff private!!! No root kits please!

Even so far as to be able to read the contents of my txt msgs!?!? That's too far!

Dfjcisnv

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
oh damn!!! hey Mr. X i was wondering, will other devs from other ROMs start to work with you and take out the CIQ in their ROMs?
i'm sure other devs are already doing so or have, i know the test app TrevE made may possibly be giving false positives for "ciq free" results. i talked to him today he is digging into the tmobile rom to see if ciq is active and seeing why his app missed the ciq files present in it

I know its there and i dont trust it one bit thats why i've removed it in my patches and fragments in kernel

EDIT: So i've tried it on Juggernaut rom, as i kind of expected it does not boot, mix and matching framework is most likely the issue, i also know that the devs may put some mods in some of the jars that i removed ciq from so overwriting them could cause the loss of some features.

the android version the telus rom is built off of iss slightly newer then the tmoble version so this could also be a factor.

I'll try bombaridier rom as well in a few moments.

Last edited:

volkly

Sep 2, 2010
thats odd what rom and ill try.

I wont know untill others try it, im going to be flashing other roms in a bit to test though.

Im on your telus rom,

Update: after 4 reboots which puts me in airplane mode, i can get out of it by unchecking airplane mode, but after a while phone app is FCing!

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Im on your telus rom,

Update: after 4 reboots which puts me in airplane mode, i can get out of it by unchecking airplane mode, but after a while phone app is FCing!

I have not got any of these issues on the same rom, once im done testing these tmoble roms, im going to flash back and flash again see if i can get your issues,

if you want to post a logcat that would be handy i can see whats causing the fc that way.

What kernel are you on as well?

volkly

Sep 2, 2010
On your telus stock rom with bullet kernel,

Im gonna redownload and try reflashing again the rom and your ciq patch.

phone is very unstable now so have to reflash, will update you with logcat once i get phone up and running.

What i meant to say earlier was that i am on tmobile network in the US and using your telus rom.

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Bombaridier V3.0 Works with my CIQ framework and contacts patch. It is also running my custom kernel. Just as a note, My tests for this framework patch were also done on my custom kernel.

Juggernaut V3.1 Does not boot with my CIQ framework and contacts patch, tested with the included kernel in the rom.

Flashed the Telus rooted rom in the first post then my CIQ framewrok and contacts patch, it boots. No FC's and the phone app is working, stock telus kernel included in the rom.

rmarquez1974

Nov 11, 2009
I'm using this ROM, with your latest kernel, and was able to patch this just fine. I'll let you know if I run into anything over the course of tomorrow.

Thanks for ripping that crap out. privacy, to me, is more appealing than just the pretty stuff the talented developers are putting out. I admire their hard work and dedication for sure, but I think i'm going to be staying on this setup.

I'm wanting to try my hand at making a theme for it...probably make something over the holidays...

Dfjcisnv

Reactions: -Mr. X-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is one I have been running for some time now, I threw it together because I was not in need of the T-Moble junk, nor was I wanting to run a ROM that has Carrier IQ (CIQ)

Telus does not include any junk other then the default background so its a pretty clean build.

Rom Features:

- Updated all apps that were out of date except the market (I hate the new market lol)
    - Deodexed
    - Zipaligned
    - All apk's are MX0 compression to use less ram
    and open faster
    - Services.jar has been modified to include CRT off
    and i have removed signature checking, so theemers and users
    using widgets and stuff from other devices don't get a sig-missmatch on boot
    and boot loop.
    - Recompiled Stock Kernel to remove CIQ bits
    - BLN support patched into services.jar (Note: you need to flash a bln supported kernel)
    - Will work on T-Mobile or Telus Devices
    - Carrier IQ (CIQ) is not existent in this rom so it wont be using your battery
    spying on you, and using your data to transmit said data its collecting.

CWM Flashable zip

Get Torrent Here

Call Recording APP by skvalex ( If you use my custom kernel )
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44644505/CallRecorder_v.1.0.27_alpha_build05.apk
    The app is offered on XDA for free but you can promote his work by Buying it in the MARKET

I am open for suggestions on this ROM but understand it was uploaded to be a stock rooted ROM for those who wanted it. I am also sharing this in hopes that other chefs may use it as a base so CIQ does not run ramped in the custom Roms here (I have not seen the removal on CIQ in any change logs)
    I've created a torrent for the ROM zip file lying on my hard drive that I downloaded on Dec 26.

Unless Mr. X requests that I take it down, I'll keep seeding it.
    I've created a torrent for the ROM zip file lying on my hard drive that I downloaded on Dec 26.

Unless Mr. X requests that I take it down, I'll keep seeding it.

Thank you for the torrent, I am seeding it too.

However, here is an http mirror for this file as well.
    http://d-h.st/GK5
    Is anyone else having trouble accessing the links in the OP? Won't load on my phone or laptop.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using xda premium

Someone posted this mirror a few pages back

http://d-h.st/GK5
    Those of you asking for a tmoble version of ciq free, it will be here in about an hour im testing it now.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1395670