[RECOVERY][DROID RAZR HD][KitKat ONLY] TeamWin Recovery Project 2.7.1.0 [2014-06-08]

Search This thread

OGdroidster

Nov 29, 2015
Last edited:
Reactions: DaFrenchTaco

wyatte74

Jun 19, 2016
Looking for TWRP download for droid razr hd xt926 vanquish

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong spot but I have lurked for a while finding the info I need and using it but I can't for the life of me find the twrp recovery dl since goo.im went down.
is there a version of twrp I can use that isn't specifically twrp-recovery-vanquish.img?

thanks

OGdroidster

Nov 29, 2015
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong spot but I have lurked for a while finding the info I need and using it but I can't for the life of me find the twrp recovery dl since goo.im went down.
is there a version of twrp I can use that isn't specifically twrp-recovery-vanquish.img?

thanks
Exactly what are you looking for? Also what device are you trying to put a recovery on.

wyatte74

Jun 19, 2016
Exactly what are you looking for? Also what device are you trying to put a recovery on.

actually i have a much bigger problem now...I tried to buy another droid razr hd from amazon so i could root it and restore the backup from my phone that died but it was a droid razr maxx hd with a version of kitkat 4.4.2 that is unrootable or i dont know how to because now i tried using the droid razr hd utility to flash jb 4.1.2 but it failed and my phone now has no signal preventing me from setting up. i am freaking out and dont know how to restore my phone i keep searching for firmware to download and flash but none of it seems correct. if anyone sees this and can help i would apprecaite any advice thanks

OGdroidster

Nov 29, 2015
actually i have a much bigger problem now...I tried to buy another droid razr hd from amazon so i could root it and restore the backup from my phone that died but it was a droid razr maxx hd with a version of kitkat 4.4.2 that is unrootable or i dont know how to because now i tried using the droid razr hd utility to flash jb 4.1.2 but it failed and my phone now has no signal preventing me from setting up. i am freaking out and dont know how to restore my phone i keep searching for firmware to download and flash but none of it seems correct. if anyone sees this and can help i would apprecaite any advice thanks
Flash back to stock 4.4.2 then hit me up about root and I will give you link for it. Technically it is not wise to flash back if your bootloader is locked.

Last edited:

wyatte74

Jun 19, 2016
I'm off to work but I can't find the firmware to flash.
I've been trying all night to find it but rsd lite keeps failing with the ones ive found or I'm doing it wrong. my phone seems to be stuck in ap fastboot mode now. I realized too late flashing back is a bad idea so now I'm stuck. I also started with the kk version that has a kernel date of 7-2014 which isn't root able with towel root...id be happy to find the firmware 4.4.2 I started with but I can't seem to...every time I unzip the ones I've found into the fast boot folder there's only a .xml and no .bat to initiate the flash process...sorry I'm rambling now any help is appreciated

hank34567

Aug 21, 2018
Hi guys and girls, oldtimer here trying to save my perfectly good moto razr i from becoming redundant due to many of my apps now not supporting kitkat

Have spent 3-4 hours reading up on this and trying to get my head round terminology. I'm being confused by the order of doing things. My main concern is to make a recovery first so when things go wrong I have something to go back to. But it seems to make a recovery my phone must be rooted and bootloader unlocked which would wipe my phone before i can make recovery? I'd be very appreciative if someone could tell me in 6-10 steps the things i must do.

My confusion is the order to root/ downlaod motorola drivers, install fastboot and adb, unlock bootloader. I feel once my phone is rotted, and bootlaoder unlocked and twrp installed, the rest i understand.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.7.1.0 for DROID RAZR HD/M

This is ONLY for users that have upgraded to stock KitKat
    You must have an unlocked bootloader to use custom recovery

Download: TWRP2710-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT.img

To install you must have fastboot set up on your pc and then:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery ]TWRP2710-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT.img

You can then flash the root package of your choice.

Enjoy!
    so whats the advantage to keeping this recovery rather than downgrading? and so are the kitkat roms really kitkat with a old kernel and wouldnt the old kernel kinda make it jb in kitkat clothes or no. i really dont know how it works but im learning new things all the time.. thanks for your time in advance.
    The old version was kitkat. we backported all the relevant features from 3.4 kernel. The new bootloader now requires 3.4 kernel so once you upgrade you have to use it. But to answer no it's not jb in kk clothes. lots of devices still have 3.0 kernel with not near the updates we included

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    @dhacker29 I flashed this TWRP to Razr M and found issues - it`s xhdpi, but Razr M wants hdpi version ((
    Can you make TWRP 2.7.1.0 hdpi for XT907?
    Thanks I'll test that

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Yay, I can go back to TWRP! Thanks dhacker!

EDIT: Flashed it successfully and made a backup with no problems. :)