FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android 2.3+ on NST and NSTG: Still A Dream!

345 posts
Thanks Meter: 45

By idoit, Senior Member on 1st November 2013, 02:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th August 2014, 03:19 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenookieforlife3

Huh. How can developers give up support for an android version which is the only one available for our device?

The latest Play Store app is now only compatible with 2.2 & up and I believe Google has recommended developers target 2.3 & up. Heck, only 0.7% of devices connecting to the play store are 2.2 so 2.1 is probably an even smaller percentage. Developers don't want to spend a lot of time to support a crappy old version of Android with virtually no market share.

http://developer.android.com/about/d...rds/index.html

The real issue is why B&N sticks with this old Android version - its a lot of work to upgrade and the Nook isn't making them enough money to fund the work.

NOOK!E
14th October 2014, 04:32 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by straygecko

The latest Play Store app is now only compatible with 2.2 & up and I believe Google has recommended developers target 2.3 & up. Heck, only 0.7% of devices connecting to the play store are 2.2 so 2.1 is probably an even smaller percentage. Developers don't want to spend a lot of time to support a crappy old version of Android with virtually no market share.

http://developer.android.com/about/d...rds/index.html

The real issue is why B&N sticks with this old Android version - its a lot of work to upgrade and the Nook isn't making them enough money to fund the work.

Seems legit.

Guess it's good that I chose not to use NTGAppsAttack back when I rooted my Nook.

Sure is a shame that nobody's gotten a newer Android version working yet. Looks like Nook Touch devices are really dying out in demand and interest.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)