[Q] My HTC One V drains battery fast and lag

Search This thread
Apr 28, 2012
HELP EVERYONE :(

MY HTC ONE V drains faster even in normal use.

I just use the phone for texting

Wifi OFF
Data OFF
GPS and Location OFF
Bluetooth OFF

from 77% after five hours it became 39% :(

and also is the HTC One V lag? is it normal? how to run the device so smooth?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE EVERYONE FOR HELPING ME. GRATEFUL :")

towhytea

Nov 19, 2011
Def not normal. My battery with everything on WiFi, sync etc. And playing music for 4 hours my battery is at 72 after 10 hours

Sent from my HTC One V using xda premium

varungnath

Jul 13, 2011
bangalore
Yea true! Some app is sucking the juice off your battery! See if you have some background app running which is trying to connect to the Internet (Since you have both data n WIfi off). Usually these apps eats up a lot of CPU speed. Could explain the lag issue too :)
Also does you phone heat up?

Oct 30, 2009
Great battery life on this phone. Better than most I've tried. Watch what apps you have installed as well. They might be tapping the juice in the background.

Sent from my HTC One V using XDA

paarthdesai

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 2, 2012
mumbai
Samsung Galaxy S21+
yep something is draining ur battery and eating lot of ram
wt free ram ua having?
and if u use swift key x thn think twice it uses more thn 3mb ram when u nt using 50+ whn ua using
soo think ovr it
dnt keep screen brightness to max
it will drain juice twice faster whn ua at home keep it low and when out 25% is enough to make u see the screen in bright daylight :)

shubhamchamaria

Jan 28, 2011
Mumbai
yep something is draining ur battery and eating lot of ram
wt free ram ua having?
and if u use swift key x thn think twice it uses more thn 3mb ram when u nt using 50+ whn ua using
soo think ovr it
dnt keep screen brightness to max
it will drain juice twice faster whn ua at home keep it low and when out 25% is enough to make u see the screen in bright daylight :)

Just keep it at auto-brightness...

Sent from my HTC One V using XDA

RaceAce

Jun 17, 2010
Yes I must point out that the battery life on this phone as I have observed is quite above average.

ankushkool

Sep 6, 2011
Mumbai
Use apps like Watchdog and Wheres is my droid power to check what is using more cpu/battery! And remove it or find a alternative :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

iamsonal

Jun 13, 2012
Its always better to install apps which are without ads (mostly freewares are like that only). Keep the brightness at optimum coz its the screen which uses most of the battery.

The more the softwares are running at a moment, the more the RAM is used and hence the battery runs out qiuckly.

Dont keep wi-fi or internet connectivity open always.

Or else u can install third party softwares like Juicedefender or Easy Battery Saver.

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
Its always better to install apps which are without ads (mostly freewares are like that only). Keep the brightness at optimum coz its the screen which uses most of the battery.

The more the softwares are running at a moment, the more the RAM is used and hence the battery runs out qiuckly.

Dont keep wi-fi or internet connectivity open always.

Or else u can install third party softwares like Juicedefender or Easy Battery Saver.

Or you can install the program AdFree, set the adress ip for ads to be ignored and you will have your phone ad free :).

And those softwares "juicedefenders" are good on a short term but on the long run it causes problems.

Use it as stock without any programs that help you to have more battery or **** like this..

mysdavey

Jun 16, 2012
Check the battery usage through Settings > Power > Battery use.

No need to use a third party app for this (unless you've removed this by any means).

Sometimes software issues cause these problems on the phone (even on the stock ROM). Common culprits are "Phone is idle", "Inactive" and "Android system". If these are reporting battery use above ~10% (and you haven't actually had the phone inactive for most of the time), the problem should be resolved with a factory reset.

Otherwise, unless you've tampered with the bootloader this would be covered under the 24 month manufacturer's warranty (12 outside EU) and the device should be sent in for a battery swap / given back to retailer as DOA.

Also, the device isn't the fastest one. The processor is running at 1Ghz with 512Mb of RAM to go along with it. The solution is to load a kernel with overclocking capabilities (Titanium for example) and crank up the CPU to 1,5 or 1,7 GHz. I would assume all of them can run 1,5 GHz as I suspect the processors are actually underclocked to keep battery life long.

Obviously this would reduce your battery life, but having less than 24 hours of battery life on an unmodified One V is what I would call poor unless you are a heavy user.

I hope this helps.

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
Check the battery usage through Settings > Power > Battery use.

No need to use a third party app for this (unless you've removed this by any means).

Sometimes software issues cause these problems on the phone (even on the stock ROM). Common culprits are "Phone is idle", "Inactive" and "Android system". If these are reporting battery use above ~10% (and you haven't actually had the phone inactive for most of the time), the problem should be resolved with a factory reset.

Otherwise, unless you've tampered with the bootloader this would be covered under the 24 month manufacturer's warranty (12 outside EU) and the device should be sent in for a battery swap / given back to retailer as DOA.

Also, the device isn't the fastest one. The processor is running at 1Ghz with 512Mb of RAM to go along with it. The solution is to load a kernel with overclocking capabilities (Titanium for example) and crank up the CPU to 1,5 or 1,7 GHz. I would assume all of them can run 1,5 GHz as I suspect the processors are actually underclocked to keep battery life long.

Obviously this would reduce your battery life, but having less than 24 hours of battery life on an unmodified One V is what I would call poor unless you are a heavy user.

I hope this helps.

Actually, a good kernel can improve battery life even if you overclock your cpu. HTC's kernel doesn't come with all the tweaks available for volting and battery life. So if a good dev makes a good kernel, the battery should be the same as running on stock, but with faster performances. Adi_Pat has done a great job with his kernel. I was running it for 2 days until I needed to get a replacement for my phone and now I am waiting to get a new one so I can run it again. I even overclock it at 1.9 ghz and run it for 1 full day and after almost 8h of wifi on, the battery still had 50%. So if you don't have an app that kills your juice, you have definitely a poor battery built in.

droidminer

Aug 27, 2012
does it lag

it was going to buy this phone but saw this vid /watch?v=JptIYZl8qmE that said it was very lag. do you think i should buy this or the sony arc s. plz help

fisterkev

Jan 1, 2012
I had some similar issues until I did the following:

Run the battery completely dead until the phone shuts itself off, then put it on the charger with the phone off. Charge it until it is at 100%. Take it off the charger and turn it on. Turn it off again, put it back on the charger until the LED is green, then turn it on again. This helps Android to calibrate the battery.

Install Quick System Info and see what apps are running and how much resources they are using. Also, close all apps, then go into Settings>Apps>Running and see what is running. Look for any apps that shouldn't be running and uninstall them. You have something running in the background and need to get rid of it, this will help you do that.

Uninstall Swiftkey X or Thumbs Keyboard or any other keyboard apps you put on there. Uninstall any weather/clock widgets like HD Widgets or Animated Weather. Use the stock keyboard and stock weather widget (they both work pretty well).

After doing all of this I consistently get home after 10 hours from work with about 60% after moderate usage. I also have almost no lag unless I am playing a more graphically intensive game. Couldn't be happier.

Last edited: