[DISCONTINUED] Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 Official Modem List

Search This thread

kdogguk

Mar 13, 2011
Folkestone
Hurricane was a hybrid of the 3 roms leaked on 4.3.

I have found that DDDMG1 baseband works very well for me on the 4.3 roms that I use.
I'm in UK on 3 network.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386564709605.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386564709605.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
Oct 28, 2013
Gt-N7100 4.3

I have upgraded the Inu Version 4.3 With baseband version

N7100DDEMj9

i tried to downgrade to 4.1.2 and i rooted the device too so have got the counter and the knox too have got a counter to 1

please need your help to downgrade to 4.1.2 and need to reset the binary and the Knox Counter

thanks in advance

dcuchillas

Jan 9, 2012
Hello people, I just got a GT-N7100, but the phone doesn't pick up the 3g network only on 2g.

Could it be that I have an XX modem , and I am in El Salvador (Latin America)

If so, how can I change the modem file.

Thanks

yawa

Nov 20, 2007
Only Note 2?

Hi all,

are these modems model specific? I mean, can I use a modem from this thread for the same version on my Note 1 (N7000)?

Thanx!

D

Deleted member 308374

Well maybe someone else can take the thread ownership and continue supplying new modems; in this way, old and new followers could also still access all the info and files scattered through the thread and keep up exchanging hints and tips. I don't think that this thread deserves to be closed just because you moved on, it can be maintained by someone else and live on as it did, if just a trusty volunteer comes up.
I'd do this myself but I lack the minimum knowledge needed about the topic and couldn't do even 10% of what you already did... I can offer to help otherwise though.
Enjoy your new nexus, God only knows how much I envy you :p thanks a lot for the hard work you made for this device (especially your rom!), and keep it up man!

Note 2 N7100 - Dr. Ketan v6.1 ROM @240 dpi - MK4 base

joeldroid

Feb 7, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
joeldroid.com
Well maybe someone else can take the thread ownership and continue supplying new modems; in this way, old and new followers could also still access all the info and files scattered through the thread and keep up exchanging hints and tips. I don't think that this thread deserves to be closed just because you moved on, it can be maintained by someone else and live on as it did, if just a trusty volunteer comes up.
I'd do this myself but I lack the minimum knowledge needed about the topic and couldn't do even 10% of what you already did... I can offer to help otherwise though.
Enjoy your new nexus, God only knows how much I envy you :p thanks a lot for the hard work you made for this device (especially your rom!), and keep it up man!

Thanks bro. That was the exact reason I didn't close it yet. Need to find another volunteer. Who will supply me modems.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dvn2008

Sep 2, 2008
***[WARNING!]Modems are device dependent

Hi @joeldroid

I would like to know what do you meant by the above statement. I am just trying to get a better understanding about what happened with my Note 2. The following are the step that I have taken:

- My Note 2 was originally at stock Android 4.1.2 with DLK7 modem.
- I flashed DN3.1 ROM which includes MJ9 modem -----> IMEI and serial number were lost, no WiFi
- I flashed MJ5 bootloader ----> WiFi is back
- I flashed a patched MK4 kernel (I saw the name Devil during flashing process, but no version info) ---> serial number was back
- I flashed a patched MJ5 modem (by @zuluman) ---> IMEI was 00499xxxxxx, but my phone recognizes the carrier name and signal strength
- I flashed Hurricane Modem Changer, tried all of the listed modem from DMG1 to MJ9 -----> same result, IMEI was 00499xxxx
- I flashed stock DLK7 modem ----> IMEI was recognized without having to do EFS restore. I can use the phone normally.

I tried Phoenix ROM too (MK4 based), I got the same result that I have to use the patched MK4 kernel and stock DLK7 modem. I even tried the new Devil MK4 kernel, but same result.

So it seems my phone is only accepting DLK7 modem... how is that possible? can you shed me a light on this?

D

Deleted member 308374

Stock modem XXEMJ9, extracted from the same leaked version.
Flash with Odin from PC or Mobile Odin from phone. Don't ask for CWM flashable zip, I don't know how to make it, and Mobile Odin is faster since it automatically reboots into recovery, flashes the file, and reboots your phone for you.

I know it sounds obvious, but I take no responsibility if something goes wrong; if you don't exactly know how to flash modems and such, maybe it would be better for you not to do this ;)

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7eyw6zes2ico6fw/modem XXEMJ9.bin

Reactions: KiRAdot47

MuWu

Dec 4, 2012
Zagreb
im on dr ketans 6.1 ROM, if i want to downgrade to offical 4.1.2 which modem should i flash since im ine Croatia, Europe, t mobile user on gt n7100???

thx

jjardinero.01

Feb 11, 2013
This is taken from latest Malaysia firmware.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

I tried to flash MK1 zip modem that you uploaded but it failed to install. Im on 4.3 TW rom and I really need this modem on my country. Can you please have a look at the file you uploaded. Maybe theres something wrong in the zip thats why I cant install. Thanks!

imlop

Sep 18, 2013
Srilanka
finally i found a dev from srilanka. yah.

im dulip from polonnaruwa. i need to know this, can u make flashable bb to lg su760 (o3d) koriyan model too.

please help me this s*** only gives me 5kbps in gprs i found a bb that can give 30kbps. but that bb cant give me 3g. i need to use both bbs.

i think u can help me. can u.?

Jun 2, 2012
Boulder
MK1 and MKD

The baseband number of my phone changed to N7100DDEMK1 and the Build Number to JSS15J.N7100XXUEMKD after a 14 MB update this morning. Is that supposed to mean anything significant?

joeflcab

Apr 17, 2012
XXDMC3 modem

Can you pls tell me where I can get the modem for my note 2 is N7100XXDMC3,United Arab Emirates,thank youvery much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: Hi guys I have discontinued this thread to the fact that I do no longer own a N7100 device.
    Hi Guys,
    I thought of creating an official Modem list for the Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 Modems
    I will be adding all the modems available in CWM flashable zips.

What is a modem?
    Modem/Radio/Baseband is all the same thing and can be seen by going to Settings - About device - Baseband version. It's basically a driver which receives and sends Mobile Network signals as well as handling switching between GPRS, 3G, HSDPA etc....... (but not WiFi connection, that and switchover between Mobile Network and WiFi is handled by the kernel). Reasoning as to why Modem has no influence on WiFi can be found in this post by Entropy

Why?
    Sometimes some custom roms come with modems for various regions. If your modem is designed for different regions than yours then the chances are that it will sometime not work with optimal network performance.

You should look into changing your modem if you are experiencing the following... (I'm writing this from my personal experience, so all may not apply to you).

Poor 3G speeds
    Very fast battery drain whilst on 3G
    Poor call reception

How to check
    Settings >> About device >> Baseband version

Requests
    If you want I can make CWM flashable zips, I just need modem donors who will send me modem.bin files with relevant versions so that I could build up this list. You are free to PM me as well.
    It is not practical for me to go around downloading all the N7100 roms in the world and extract the modem file.

How to Extract

If you have the N7100 rom zip
    1. Extract zip
    2. Send me a zip file of the following files modem.bin, optional (/system/lib/libril.so, /system/lib/libsec-ril.so)

From an already installed N7100 (if you do not have the ROM zip with you)
    First of all you need to extract a modem if and only if you are in following situations
    1. You use a network specific rom and you need to backup the network specific modem and move to a custom rom.
    2. Your friend is using a network specific rom and you want to use the same modem.

***[WARNING!]Modems are device dependent

To extract the phone you are extracting must be rooted and usb debugging enabled:
    Use adb to dump the modem to your internal phone memory, use this command

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 of=/sdcard/modem.bin bs=4096
    exit

The dumped size will be bigger like 88MB don't worry just zip it and send me the link, I will make a CWM Installer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Links (CWM Flashable)

Modems With Android 4.3

XXEMI6
    XXEMI6

XXEMJ2
    XXEMJ2

XXEMJ5
    XXEMJ5

Modems With Android 4.1.2

XXALIH
    XXALIH

DDALJ1
    DDALJ1

UBALJ1
    UBALJ1

DXALJ1
    DXALJ1

XXDLJ2
    XXDLJ2

XXALJ2
    XXALJ2

NEDLK1
    NEDLK1
    NEDLK1-RIL

DXDLK5
    DXDLK5

XXDLK7
    XXDLK7

XXDMB2
    XXDMB2

The following modems are only compatible with 4.1.2 firmware builds ME6 or later and before MI6

XXDME4
    XXDME4

DXDMF1
    DXDMF1

DDDMG1
    DDDMG1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks
    Wanam - for sending me various modems bundled with ROMS :)
    Extra Info

Region Code
    (info referred from geko95gek's post)
    The name of the Modem usually specifies the region its intended for, however... this doesn't mean it will work best for you. Classification of the Modem regions is as follows:

CE---> Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands
    DC---> Thailand
    DD---> India
    DX---> Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam
    DZ---> Malaysia, Singapore
    JA---> South Africa
    JC---> Algeria, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Tunisia
    JP---> Arabic, Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria
    JV---> Tunisia, Turkey
    UG---> North America
    UH---> Latin America, The Caribbean
    XE---> Bulgaria, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Ukraine
    XX---> Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, United Kingdom
    XW---> Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Nordic, Spain, United Kingdom
    ZC---> China, Hong Kong
    ZH---> Hong Kong
    ZS---> China, Hong Kong
    ZT---> Taiwan

After you install the modem, here is how to check the speeds and signal strength

Signal strength and quality can be tested using this app: Network Signal Info

Download and upload speeds on your network with a current Modem can be tested using this app: Speedtest.net
    You be great if you could provide libril.so and libsec-ril.so from /system/lib/ as mentioned in the OP.

Sent From My New Galaxy S5 GT-N7100

Model: GT-N7100
    Model name: GALAXY Note II
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: 1280411
    Build date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 17:52:29 +0000
    Product Code: XEF
    PDA: N7100XXUFND3
    CSC: N7100OXAFND3
    MODEM: N7100XXUFND3

Modem without RIL (for CWM/TWRP)

and
    RIL libs for modem (for CWM/TWRP)
    plz backup original /system/lib/libril.so and /system/lib/libsec-ril.so before flashing this file
    New Modem

Its from:
    Android 4.1.2 Jun 2013
    N7100XXDME6_N7100OXADME2_N7100XXDME4_XEF (France)Multi CSC: XEF-FRANCE, BTU- UNITED KINGDOM, DBT-GERMANY, ITV-ITALY, CPW-UK & IRE, XEO-POLAND

So in short its for all of Europe.
    CM 10.1 Reports it as XXDME4
    It installs modem.bin and libril.so & libsec-ril.so all at once.

Have fun and say Thanks

removed cause of changes in cm and some thankless brats
    Modem: N7100dxufnd2

Model: GT-N7100
    Model name: GALAXY Note II
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: N/A
    Build date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000
    Product Code: XME
    PDA: N7100XXUFND4
    CSC: N7100OLBFND1
    MODEM: N7100DXUFND2