[DISCONTINUED] Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 Official Modem List

Search This thread

angelosabatini

Oct 3, 2009
Seconded it!! It will be very very nice if someone have UG baseband for N7100 could dip in and help, I found just about everywhere and cant find and UG baseband for this phone.

Looking for that too;
I have a N7102 (dual sim) with Chinese modem CDMB1 and want to try local (USA) ones to see if the network problem can be fixed somehow.

ghaschel

Apr 15, 2013
Mine came from factory with N7100UBDMA1 baseband. Installed the Beans rom, and flashed the DMA1 file someone gave here on the topic, but it will still show me unknown baseband.

*#1234#
gives me
AP: N7100UBDMA3
CP: N7100UBDMA1
CSC: N7100ZTMDMA2

In this zip i have a dump from my radio (92mb),
and
libreference-ril.so
libril.so
libsec-ril.so
libsecril-client.so

dropbox . com/s/a6injcpmfufcew6/Archive.zip

It's a GT-N7100 not lte capable. The phone itself it's unlocked, but it is a branded rom (TIM - Brasil).

I would like to have a cwm installer for my radio if possible...

Thanks =)

Last edited:

ghaschel

Apr 15, 2013
Your device working normally? I mean call and other network related functions

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

When i flashed the Beans ROM, and flashed the radio itself and pushed the RIL files to the phone, it won't receive or make any call. Not sending sms. And the baseband show me "Unknown Baseband", *#06# returns me nothing.

So i dumped my radio and trimmed using radiotrim, a tool made for the i9250. I'm afraid of flashing it and making any mess.

When i restored my backup, it came back to work again. Everything. My IMEI was there, i could make calls and receive again. SMS and 3G.

If it helps anyone, this is the trimmed radio dropbox . com/s/cs0pix2zboa6pvy/N7100UBDMA1_trimmed.bin

I made a diff between the binary files. From the one i dumped and trimmed, and the one the guy here posted. They are the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcrompton

ghaschel

Apr 15, 2013
You may have corrupt efs
Have you earlier backup efs? If you have it then restore it.
If no then simply flash pure stock rom for your device and wipe cache and data
If it doesn't help then send to service station.

It works after restoring my backup. What do you mean with restore the efs. Restore the efs after flashing the custom rom?

ghaschel

Apr 15, 2013
You have backup of what?
Have you efs backup or you have backup of rom (nandroid)? Or both
Edit ;
Just read, it works after restoring backup. Now what is issue? You still want to try modem?

I have a CWM Backup. If my problem is the efs folder. Can i restore my rom, grab my efs folder, Flash the Beans ROM and Radio/RIL, and push the EFS folder to the phone?

edit: btw, i checked my /efs folder, and there is a lot of files in there. Incl. a imei file.

My procedure to flash a ROM is:
format /cache
format /system
format /data
format /preload

Last edited:

ghaschel

Apr 15, 2013
With Philz, backing up modem, and efs. And restoring them right after installing the Beans ROM, and Pushing the RIL files right after setting up the rom (before pushing them, no signal too) and then rebooting, did not worked too. Still no signal =(

If i restore my rom, i have singal.

I'm just embarrassed of myself. I installed a verizon's note 2 ROM. Complete Fail.
Flashed a Carbon ROM for the International Note 2, and worked well.

Sorry for the mess.

BRavaria

May 4, 2013
Thanks for great thread :good:

kindly, i'd like to ask you for the modem of this Indonesia latest stock rom. N7100XXDMD2_N7100OLBDMD2.

thank you.:highfive:

richmack27

May 4, 2013
greetings from philippines!

sir, good day!! can i reqeust for the modems compatible here in philippines? im using a korean galaxy note2 e250L, running on wanam 1.3, with TWRP, with xxdmc for AP, csc n7105xtcdmc1.... i have problems connecting to 3g and H+,my current net speeds would be around 2-3mb only despite being on unlimited data plan and LTE enabled unit and sim already... hope you can solve my problem sir... thanks a lot!!

Xerfas

Jun 18, 2008
sir, good day!! can i reqeust for the modems compatible here in philippines? im using a korean galaxy note2 e250L, running on wanam 1.3, with TWRP, with xxdmc for AP, csc n7105xtcdmc1.... i have problems connecting to 3g and H+,my current net speeds would be around 2-3mb only despite being on unlimited data plan and LTE enabled unit and sim already... hope you can solve my problem sir... thanks a lot!!

You should be able to use DXDLK5 in first post. That's the only one I know for Philippines.

Skickat från min GT-N7100 via Tapatalk 2

richmack27

May 4, 2013
You should be able to use DXDLK5 in first post. That's the only one I know for Philippines.

Skickat från min GT-N7100 via Tapatalk 2

thank you so much sir... i downloaded the dxdlk5 from the OP sir but my fone cant detect my sim card, im using an e250L, a korean note 2 sir... i was wondering if you have a modified modem or just a plain stock modem that will enable all the network settings of my phone..

NightOrchid

Apr 21, 2011
Excellent thread...

Do you happen to have the original XXDLK7 so I can flash through PC ODIN pls.

Im EE UK, but wanting to flash latest Indonesia ROM

Thanks.

EDIT:

Its ok Ive done it, I didn't realise how easy it was, can I just add..

use 7-Zip. WinRAR struggles with tar files for some reason.

Thanks

Last edited:

Cim6

Feb 7, 2007
What is the best modem for Argentina. I got a lot of troblle with signal with original radio from 4.1.2 ARO Stock firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: Hi guys I have discontinued this thread to the fact that I do no longer own a N7100 device.
    Hi Guys,
    I thought of creating an official Modem list for the Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 Modems
    I will be adding all the modems available in CWM flashable zips.

What is a modem?
    Modem/Radio/Baseband is all the same thing and can be seen by going to Settings - About device - Baseband version. It's basically a driver which receives and sends Mobile Network signals as well as handling switching between GPRS, 3G, HSDPA etc....... (but not WiFi connection, that and switchover between Mobile Network and WiFi is handled by the kernel). Reasoning as to why Modem has no influence on WiFi can be found in this post by Entropy

Why?
    Sometimes some custom roms come with modems for various regions. If your modem is designed for different regions than yours then the chances are that it will sometime not work with optimal network performance.

You should look into changing your modem if you are experiencing the following... (I'm writing this from my personal experience, so all may not apply to you).

Poor 3G speeds
    Very fast battery drain whilst on 3G
    Poor call reception

How to check
    Settings >> About device >> Baseband version

Requests
    If you want I can make CWM flashable zips, I just need modem donors who will send me modem.bin files with relevant versions so that I could build up this list. You are free to PM me as well.
    It is not practical for me to go around downloading all the N7100 roms in the world and extract the modem file.

How to Extract

If you have the N7100 rom zip
    1. Extract zip
    2. Send me a zip file of the following files modem.bin, optional (/system/lib/libril.so, /system/lib/libsec-ril.so)

From an already installed N7100 (if you do not have the ROM zip with you)
    First of all you need to extract a modem if and only if you are in following situations
    1. You use a network specific rom and you need to backup the network specific modem and move to a custom rom.
    2. Your friend is using a network specific rom and you want to use the same modem.

***[WARNING!]Modems are device dependent

To extract the phone you are extracting must be rooted and usb debugging enabled:
    Use adb to dump the modem to your internal phone memory, use this command

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 of=/sdcard/modem.bin bs=4096
    exit

The dumped size will be bigger like 88MB don't worry just zip it and send me the link, I will make a CWM Installer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Links (CWM Flashable)

Modems With Android 4.3

XXEMI6
    XXEMI6

XXEMJ2
    XXEMJ2

XXEMJ5
    XXEMJ5

Modems With Android 4.1.2

XXALIH
    XXALIH

DDALJ1
    DDALJ1

UBALJ1
    UBALJ1

DXALJ1
    DXALJ1

XXDLJ2
    XXDLJ2

XXALJ2
    XXALJ2

NEDLK1
    NEDLK1
    NEDLK1-RIL

DXDLK5
    DXDLK5

XXDLK7
    XXDLK7

XXDMB2
    XXDMB2

The following modems are only compatible with 4.1.2 firmware builds ME6 or later and before MI6

XXDME4
    XXDME4

DXDMF1
    DXDMF1

DDDMG1
    DDDMG1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks
    Wanam - for sending me various modems bundled with ROMS :)
    Extra Info

Region Code
    (info referred from geko95gek's post)
    The name of the Modem usually specifies the region its intended for, however... this doesn't mean it will work best for you. Classification of the Modem regions is as follows:

CE---> Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands
    DC---> Thailand
    DD---> India
    DX---> Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam
    DZ---> Malaysia, Singapore
    JA---> South Africa
    JC---> Algeria, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Tunisia
    JP---> Arabic, Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria
    JV---> Tunisia, Turkey
    UG---> North America
    UH---> Latin America, The Caribbean
    XE---> Bulgaria, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Ukraine
    XX---> Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, United Kingdom
    XW---> Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Nordic, Spain, United Kingdom
    ZC---> China, Hong Kong
    ZH---> Hong Kong
    ZS---> China, Hong Kong
    ZT---> Taiwan

After you install the modem, here is how to check the speeds and signal strength

Signal strength and quality can be tested using this app: Network Signal Info

Download and upload speeds on your network with a current Modem can be tested using this app: Speedtest.net
    You be great if you could provide libril.so and libsec-ril.so from /system/lib/ as mentioned in the OP.

Sent From My New Galaxy S5 GT-N7100

Model: GT-N7100
    Model name: GALAXY Note II
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: 1280411
    Build date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 17:52:29 +0000
    Product Code: XEF
    PDA: N7100XXUFND3
    CSC: N7100OXAFND3
    MODEM: N7100XXUFND3

Modem without RIL (for CWM/TWRP)

and
    RIL libs for modem (for CWM/TWRP)
    plz backup original /system/lib/libril.so and /system/lib/libsec-ril.so before flashing this file
    New Modem

Its from:
    Android 4.1.2 Jun 2013
    N7100XXDME6_N7100OXADME2_N7100XXDME4_XEF (France)Multi CSC: XEF-FRANCE, BTU- UNITED KINGDOM, DBT-GERMANY, ITV-ITALY, CPW-UK & IRE, XEO-POLAND

So in short its for all of Europe.
    CM 10.1 Reports it as XXDME4
    It installs modem.bin and libril.so & libsec-ril.so all at once.

Have fun and say Thanks

removed cause of changes in cm and some thankless brats
    Modem: N7100dxufnd2

Model: GT-N7100
    Model name: GALAXY Note II
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: N/A
    Build date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000
    Product Code: XME
    PDA: N7100XXUFND4
    CSC: N7100OLBFND1
    MODEM: N7100DXUFND2