FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,177 Vote(s)
59.15%
Yes, kind of.

471 Vote(s)
23.67%
No, needs improvement.

342 Vote(s)
17.19%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,533 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,760

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th May 2013, 07:46 PM |#131  
Flag columbia
Thanks Meter: 4,740

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildgen

I am currently trying to root a flashed samsung galaxy s3. Flashed over from Sprint to Metro. I have looked on most forums but all seem so vague and I don't want to mess anything up. Do I use a Sprint rooting toolkit or how do I go about?

Don't use a tool kit, check my Sig, the way to root it should be the same as the Sprint one, how to is in the link in my Sig, but don't use a tool kit!
6th May 2013, 07:55 PM |#132  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
file needed...
Hi...
am looking for android froyo 2.2.0 SD cared update package for android froyo supported devices like samsung galaxy pop,mini,fit....i look a lot,but din't find untill now ,please if anyone kow abt this plz mail me or post comments here....Thanks in Advance
6th May 2013, 09:44 PM |#133  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke_the_Orc

Look for a temp folder, you should see something that is that size, probably called update.zip or something similar

No joy! Really stuck with this, don't want to have to flash my phone which I have never done before! The failed OTA update of 30mb must be somewhere on my phone?! =/
6th May 2013, 09:59 PM |#134  
Flag Isfahan
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Prompt Is my tablet bricked? can anyone help me?
Hi,

I have an Allwinner A10 tablet.
It has originally an unofficial version of CM9, but i liked to update it to CM10 via CWM (with editing ChristianTroy's ROM).

Now it cannot start, the screen is black(nothing shows in lcd) but i can charge it and i have access to ADB shell and it logins with "[email protected]".

I need to get root access from adb shell, remount /system/ folder in read-write mode and push my original /system folder and flash the kernel.

When i enter "su" command, it says:
Code:
su: Permission Denied.
Can anyone help me?
6th May 2013, 10:12 PM |#135  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Maras Dantia
Thanks Meter: 9,187

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrjames

No joy! Really stuck with this, don't want to have to flash my phone which I have never done before! The failed OTA update of 30mb must be somewhere on my phone?! =/

It is. Just a matter of finding the storage location. It will be stored on your internal memory so when you look at root explorer look in any folders marked download, temp, cache, and data. If you still can't find it send me a pm and I'll download a Rom for your device and go through the folders to grab likely locations:beer:

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul
6th May 2013, 10:47 PM |#136  

More
Quote:

It is. Just a matter of finding the storage location. It will be stored on your internal memory so when you look at root explorer look in any folders marked download, temp, cache, and data. If you still can't find it send me a pm and I'll download a Rom for your device and go through the folders to grab likely locations:beer:

Thanks for your help though your suggestion worries me, I'm a noob! lol

Found these folders using es file explorer..

/data/cache/ is empty!
/cache/lost+found/ is empty!
/cache/recovery/ has a file called "last_log"

Baring in mind I wiped the cache in recovery mode I would assume that explains why those folders are empty (bar the last_log which is a very small file)?!

This 30mb must be in another folder, OR maybe it did install (as it started to install it but failed at 25%) and is thus in the system folders all over the place?! =/
7th May 2013, 12:14 AM |#137  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Screen rotation question
I have a fully rooted Polaroid PMID705 running android 4.1.1 that works very well. The more I use it the more I tweak it and the more I like it. I have a hard time with the on screen keyboard and recently purchased a case with a USB keyboard builtin, It work great. The problem I have is the location of the buttons and usb port are technically on the bottom in landscape mode. I can't put the tablet in the case this way with the usb plugged in. Is it possible to permenantly swap landscape mode and reverse landscape mode within the OS so I can put the tablet in the case with the buttons and ports on the top? I want to do this in this OS so that when an app requests landscape mode it is turned the right way and not upside down. I tried some of the apps available for this but they have only worked mayber 50% of the time.
7th May 2013, 01:05 AM |#138  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Maras Dantia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrjames

Thanks for your help though your suggestion worries me, I'm a noob! lol

Found these folders using es file explorer..

/data/cache/ is empty!
/cache/lost+found/ is empty!
/cache/recovery/ has a file called "last_log"

Baring in mind I wiped the cache in recovery mode I would assume that explains why those folders are empty (bar the last_log which is a very small file)?!

This 30mb must be in another folder, OR maybe it did install (as it started to install it but failed at 25%) and is thus in the system folders all over the place?! =/

Are you sure you didn't delete it already? Sorry but I have to ask LOL
You're rooted correct?
Can you give me the name and model number of your device?
I'll track down where its supposed to go before it installs:beer:

7th May 2013, 01:08 AM |#139  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2,686

More
Hi Sirs
A user require Ur help but I don't have that device info .so can any one tell me which recovery supports aroma on device TF101..? .4ext is not working and CWM recovery gets stuck at aroma starts ...
Thx in adv

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
7th May 2013, 01:09 AM |#140  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Maras Dantia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus266

I have a fully rooted Polaroid PMID705 running android 4.1.1 that works very well. The more I use it the more I tweak it and the more I like it. I have a hard time with the on screen keyboard and recently purchased a case with a USB keyboard builtin, It work great. The problem I have is the location of the buttons and usb port are technically on the bottom in landscape mode. I can't put the tablet in the case this way with the usb plugged in. Is it possible to permenantly swap landscape mode and reverse landscape mode within the OS so I can put the tablet in the case with the buttons and ports on the top? I want to do this in this OS so that when an app requests landscape mode it is turned the right way and not upside down. I tried some of the apps available for this but they have only worked mayber 50% of the time.

Yes and no. You should be able to modify the ROM to allow 360° rotation, however apps can be a different story. Some apps may only work with a default system setting (ie, landscape rotates 90° to the right or left)
Search for rotation mods in your devices forums to see what you can find:beer:

7th May 2013, 01:14 AM |#141  

More
Quote:

Are you sure you didn't delete it already? Sorry but I have to ask LOL
You're rooted correct?
Can you give me the name and model number of your device?
I'll track down where its supposed to go before it installs:beer:

Yes I am rooted, Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830i). That would be fantastic if you could tell me where it goes before install, BUT the OTA update failed at 25% so it obviously tried installing part of it so that is why I am assuming it is not in the cache/download folder?! Also I know I have not already deleted it when I deleted the cache because my internal memory has 30mb less space still!!! =(

Thanks for your help it is very much appreciated! =)
The Following User Says Thank You to lcrjames For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lcrjames Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)