FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,177 Vote(s)
59.15%
Yes, kind of.

471 Vote(s)
23.67%
No, needs improvement.

342 Vote(s)
17.19%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,533 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,760

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th November 2019, 02:33 AM |#29841  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

From the little information you have, its hard to tell if its a message from the Play Store or the app itself has a little "call home" feature to check you are on the latest version. I would try going into Airplane mode (ie turn all network access off, and make sure the app is not already running) and see if the message still pops-up. If it still does, then the app may have an internal countdown type of thingy to ensure you update it. A lot more investigation would be needed to nail it down, or you could get lucky. If its a "call home", check the adaway thread (https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2190753) for DNS logging to find a possible host you could block to circumvent the "call-home" check. Search the web by app name and problem, someone else may already have a solution.

Hello, thank you so much for this reply and detailed informations. To tell you the truth I already tried going into airplane mode and when I go to airplane mode I get another "pop up" that tells me that the app can't work because I am not connected to a network and when I get back to WiFi the app "refresh" itself and just give me that other pop up again to tell me to update. I will definitly go look that thread and try to find a solution, if you have anything else for me I will be very thankful. Again, I am really noob with android's and stuff like that, I know whats a DNS and stuff but I dont think I can try to find anything about that by myself. Thank you very much again.
16th November 2019, 05:09 PM |#29842  
Mad World
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Yeah it's need compile recompile framework-res.apk. i've make a crt off animation on gingerbread before, between year 2013/2014 by following some nice guide post on here xda ❤️. And now, I want to add crt off animation on my xiaomi phone, but I still don't find the guide to do it on pie based os.. any help to find the guide my friend..?
16th November 2019, 06:09 PM |#29843  
Thanks Meter: 2,423

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahdy666

Yeah it's need compile recompile framework-res.apk. i've make a crt off animation on gingerbread before, between year 2013/2014 by following some nice guide post on here xda ️. And now, I want to add crt off animation on my xiaomi phone, but I still don't find the guide to do it on pie based os.. any help to find the guide my friend..?

I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist. It's been a long time since that was a thing.
16th November 2019, 06:23 PM |#29844  
Thanks Meter: 730

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany XP

Sorry to insist guys, but does somebody know how to read dsmg and tell me what's wrong with my phone?

Most probably is an issue from the custom rom that you are using, if so did you asked to developer with a proper logcat what would be the reason? or if other users are experiencing similar incovenient? As general quick I can tell you that sometimes a device starts this cycled reboots due to the lack of firmware update or a vendor that doesn´t meet the needs of the rom in question.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Quote:

Yeah it's need compile recompile framework-res.apk. i've make a crt off animation on gingerbread before, between year 2013/2014 by following some nice guide post on here xda . And now, I want to add crt off animation on my xiaomi phone, but I still don't find the guide to do it on pie based os.. any help to find the guide my friend..?

I don´t think that tweaking just the framework you can do it as easy, this is built from the source on a more complex scenario.

Wouldn´t it be easier chose some of from the many roms available for Xiaomi devices? so almost all include this feature like RR, Evolution, Havoc and many more.
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
16th November 2019, 07:27 PM |#29845  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 5,087

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany XP

Random shutdowns
Guys I need help: using a moto z2 force with lineage since a week (bought it brand new from eBay for cheap). I'm experiencing random shutdowns while in idle (not while using it)
I don't think it's hardware related, I try to tilt and shake the phone and it's still on (not battery contact problem). I saved logcat as soon as I reboot it after shutdown: https://drive.google.com/file/d/137W...w?usp=drivesdk

The link to your logcat is set to private.
16th November 2019, 11:22 PM |#29846  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,021

More
Quote:

Yeah it's need compile recompile framework-res.apk. i've make a crt off animation on gingerbread before, between year 2013/2014 by following some nice guide post on here xda ❤️. And now, I want to add crt off animation on my xiaomi phone, but I still don't find the guide to do it on pie based os.. any help to find the guide my friend..?

I *think* your best bet would be to search github for a commit that adds the animation to a custom ROM. I still think, if its an option, it would be easier to go the exposed path, and then be able to add a ton of other bits of eye candy.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
17th November 2019, 01:37 PM |#29847  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 308

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xunholyx

The link to your logcat is set to private.

Fixed. Sorry
By the way, im having the same random idle shutdowns even with stock ROMs. The only thing in commong is I flashed last Magisk zip in both. Could it be...?
I'll try to test it without it, but I neverd heard of Magisk (I never had problems before with it) of shutdowns in idle (these are NOT reboots)
17th November 2019, 02:08 PM |#29848  

More
Need help with my samsung tab a 10.1 2019
Hi guys! would need some help with my samsung tab a 10.1" 2019. Apparently gotten it from a newspaper subscription but it is KC Client locked and i am restricted from performing anything like deleting the preinstalled news app or changing wallpapers.

Here's a link to what i'm facing:

http(.)s://imgur.com/a/CyN7YO6 (remove the (.))

is there any way to totally remove the KC client? Thanks in advance and hope that this is the right place to post this tks!
17th November 2019, 05:13 PM |#29849  
Quote:
Originally Posted by raygonne97

Hi guys! would need some help with my samsung tab a 10.1" 2019. Apparently gotten it from a newspaper subscription but it is KC Client locked and i am restricted from performing anything like deleting the preinstalled news app or changing wallpapers.

is there any way to totally remove the KC client? Thanks in advance and hope that this is the right place to post this tks!

You can try using ADB to remove OEM/carrier bloatware.

Do a Google search for:

"Remove system apps without root"

You should find several guides for using ADB to achieve this.

If it doesn't work, your only other option is to root the device then remove the apps using root permission, there are many different apps that have the ability to remove systems apps using root permissions, find one that you are comfortable with.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
17th November 2019, 07:15 PM |#29850  
Thanks Meter: 2,423

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raygonne97

In addition to what Droiddriven said, you probably need to disable device administration for the KC Client app before you have any option to remove the app. I *think* that's in Settings -> Lock screen and security -> Other security settings -> Phone administrators for Samsung devices.

You may also have to look in settings -> Google -> connected apps (I'm not sure where that is on Samsung) and remove any connections there before you will be able to disable device administration.

It's possible that you might be able to do these things better in safe mode.

All else fails, look in the app store for an app that lets you see hidden device administrators.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
17th November 2019, 11:13 PM |#29851  
Flag San Francisco

More
Updated Chrome Flags List?
Hi,

There are several 'top chrome flags to use in 2019' type of articles online suggesting useful tweaks to improve browser experience...however the majority of those recommended flags do not show up in search results within chrome://flags anymore (or at least not using the same keywords, hashtags or descriptors).

Is anyone aware of a resource that displays the most recently updated/active flags?

Thanks for any knowledge.

Alex
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)