FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,177 Vote(s)
59.18%
Yes, kind of.

470 Vote(s)
23.63%
No, needs improvement.

342 Vote(s)
17.19%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,504 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,739

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd May 2013, 02:04 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy bricked GT-S5839i
can anyone help ive bricked my galaxy ace GT-S5839i and need to sort it out befor saturday need a guide on how to unbrick.thank
3rd May 2013, 03:55 AM |#42  
Flag Malappuram, Kerala
Thanks Meter: 1,929

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CONNYHACKER

can anyone help ive bricked my galaxy ace GT-S5839i and need to sort it out befor saturday need a guide on how to unbrick.thank

How did u brick it?

Can u get into download mode? If yes, try flashing a stock firmware.

Here is a guide which involves flashing a pit file:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1811196

Use this guide only if u have no other options left.

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
Sent from my SGS II

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpidtheloveman

Hi, i am fairly new to rooting and flashing but ive succesfully managed rooting and updating my ascend p1 u9200 to the official emui jellybean 4.1 update released by huawei. I couldnt just upgrade because my build was not supported so it was a process of rooting changing build.prop and finaly upgrading. Now i want to actually load a custom rom for my u9200, a rom based on android 4.2. A stable one, please if u may assist but dirrecting me to the right instructions including a goid stable rom i would greatly apreciate it. Please also take into consideration that i only rooted my phone once and so i might need detailed instructions for rookies. Thanks in advance

Here is a guide on installing custom roms:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2132043

And these are some custom roms for ur device:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2118684

As for which rom is good and stable, u should try each and find the ones that suit u.

Sent from my SGS II
The Following User Says Thank You to immortalneo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift immortalneo Ad-Free
3rd May 2013, 05:27 AM |#43  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Expert please help
okk i have a device mmx a57 running android 2.3.5 specs are 1 ghz cpu 256mb ram and tere is another device karbon a2+ which has the exact specs but running on ics...... so please help me how to port the ics rom to my device...... or give me guide how to port some cynogenmod to my device????? waiting patiently for your answer??
3rd May 2013, 07:08 AM |#44  
Flag Malappuram, Kerala
Thanks Meter: 1,929

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harisaduelite

okk i have a device mmx a57 running android 2.3.5 specs are 1 ghz cpu 256mb ram and tere is another device karbon a2+ which has the exact specs but running on ics...... so please help me how to port the ics rom to my device...... or give me guide how to port some cynogenmod to my device????? waiting patiently for your answer??

Try this guide:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1630237

Sent from my SGS II
Bruce Wayne
3rd May 2013, 11:49 AM |#45  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by king5b9

hi Tech,

any one have idea how to reduce the system core bcoz it is draining my battery

Care to explain more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffordKT

Okay rooted.
Want to remove wi-fi notification. Should I search forum, and try the Sqlite Editor again? Risk messing up phone again... First phone try, ended up resting phone and couldn't Re-download Sqlite.
Or can/should I flash custom rom that will do the same?
Another thing, cannot move apps to sdcard. When I try it says:
Failed, may be phone does not support moving apps to USB storage.
Can this be changed?
Which wifi notifications?
And to move apps to sdcard you can try app2sd script or an app called link2sd.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Odin3_v3.7 blue
Odin3_v1.85 yellow

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

A Hero Can Be Anyone. GENERAL HELP THREAD
3rd May 2013, 01:21 PM |#46  

More
I found a fix to my weird problem, it had to do with the phone baseband version or something to do with the 'modem'

it was on a thread of a custom rom developed for the grand! now my cyanogenmod works hehe

btw do you know any app for radio that uses the hardware radio not the internet radio?
Bruce Wayne
3rd May 2013, 01:31 PM |#47  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeapprentice

I found a fix to my weird problem, it had to do with the phone baseband version or something to do with the 'modem'

it was on a thread of a custom rom developed for the grand! now my cyanogenmod works hehe

btw do you know any app for radio that uses the hardware radio not the internet radio?

Nice to hear that.

Here is an app for fm radio without internet. See if this is what you want.

FM radio google play
3rd May 2013, 03:01 PM |#48  

More
Controlling unrooted Android cellular radio from desktop
Hi - I've done loads of searching on this and haven't come up with much that works - basically want to be able to switch my phone's cellular network radio on and off from the desktop. The phone can be tethered via USB, but it has to stay unrooted.
What I have tried: installed and run adb shell command, then the radiooptions command as " radiooptions 5" to switch the radio off, but I get a permission denied response and don't know if that's because the phone has to be rooted or I'm doing something stupid. Anyone know how to do this? Is there some easier way? (I found the 3CX Mobile Android app on Google Play which lets you get straight to the shell easily, but still getting same problem). (The reason I can't root the phone is that I need some other people to do this for their own pones and want as simple and generic a method as possible.)
3rd May 2013, 03:44 PM |#49  

More
Phone Acid Audio Engine tweak
hi!

does the acid audio engine support karbonn a9+?, i just want to experience music awesomeness using my device...thanks for the answers
3rd May 2013, 04:34 PM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Is there an app which password protects a certain folder ? I don't wanna hide it just password protect it..
Bruce Wayne
3rd May 2013, 04:49 PM |#51  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasetsu8

hi!

does the acid audio engine support karbonn a9+?, i just want to experience music awesomeness using my device...thanks for the answers

Maybe. You can try with first creating a backup of your current rom. If it works its good and you got your answer, if not restore the backup and you still get answer to your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wad!e

Is there an app which password protects a certain folder ? I don't wanna hide it just password protect it..

I am unaware of anything like that but a google search got me to this thing.
See if it helps you.
Hide folder google play

A Hero Can Be Anyone. GENERAL HELP THREAD
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)