FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,177 Vote(s)
59.18%
Yes, kind of.

470 Vote(s)
23.63%
No, needs improvement.

342 Vote(s)
17.19%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,504 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,739

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th May 2013, 11:34 AM |#531  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hello
I am trying to Deodex my SG4 stoke rom secphone.odex
I read almost all threads here before posting this but still have some errors..
that's the steps I did

1-Pull framework folder from my phone and put it under c:\framework

2-run this command
java -jar baksmali.jar -d C:\framework -x secphone.odex
and it generate the "out" folder..

3- run this command
java -Xmx512m -jar smali.jar out -o classes.dex
and it generates the classes.dex file

4-Open the secphone.apk with 7zip and add the classes.dex on the root..

now when i put the secphone.apk on my phone and set permissions, the phone app always gives error that it stopped and keep poping this error until i restore the original apk..

whats missing me here to have it work?
regards
27th May 2013, 01:54 PM |#532  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Maras Dantia
Thanks Meter: 9,187

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo26222

Hello
I am trying to Deodex my SG4 stoke rom secphone.odex
I read almost all threads here before posting this but still have some errors..
that's the steps I did

1-Pull framework folder from my phone and put it under c:\framework

2-run this command
java -jar baksmali.jar -d C:\framework -x secphone.odex
and it generate the "out" folder..

3- run this command
java -Xmx512m -jar smali.jar out -o classes.dex
and it generates the classes.dex file

4-Open the secphone.apk with 7zip and add the classes.dex on the root..

now when i put the secphone.apk on my phone and set permissions, the phone app always gives error that it stopped and keep poping this error until i restore the original apk..

whats missing me here to have it work?
regards

Grab a logcat and post it and we can sort it out

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul
27th May 2013, 04:00 PM |#533  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Mytouch 4g glacier frozen?
I followed the instructions below to a T. I never got the fail-PU message. My phone goes thru the process and asks to do the update. The phone just stays on "updating" and "do not power off the device" for hours.

I can get to the hboot screen but if I try factory reset or anything else the phone just freezes. On a lighter note, when I connect to the phone by usb fastboot I can type fastboot devices and it will pull the serial number about half the time.

the detais at the top of the screen you get when you power, vol down is

GLACIER PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.089.0005
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.11.04.03_M
eMCC-BOOT
APRIL 14 2011,13:18:22

I read a bunch of posts and cannot figure out how to fix this thing. Any suggestions? sell the parts? do a float test?

Help! I think my Mytouch 4G is bricked!!!

i have seen a LOT of these threads lately, and this thread is made to hopefully be able solve some of your problems.

most people think that a brick means "can't get into android system, phone is dead beyond repair." most of the time, this is NOT true.

Disclaimer: Please make sure you know what you are doing before proceeding. if your device wasn't bricked before but you somehow screwed it up, i will not be responsible. YOU are responsible for whatever happens to your device. i am just here to give you a few tips, and to help you out. once again, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING BEFORE DOING IT!

Needed Things:
-computer
-android SDK, ADB. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO INSTALL AND LEARN TO USE ADB, IT COULD SAVE YOUR DEVICE BIG TIME. we have plenty of guides on how to use adb, please search them up and READ THROUGH THEM.
-a Mytouch 4G, or HTC Panache
-USB cable
-SDcard (doesn't matter what size)

ask and answer these two questions to yourself:
1) can you enter bootloader?
2) can you enter recovery?

if you've answered yes to any one of them, then chances are, you are still saved.
Note: if you can't enter either one of those, and your device doesn't show any signs of life, then don't bother reading on, you are truly bricked.

Notice: When you try flashing the PD15IMG.zip in bootloader, make sure the phone is NOT connected to the computer.

For S-On users:
Q: help! my phone is stuck on the Mytouch logo screen!
A: pull the battery, and see if you can get into the bootloader using volume down+power buttons
if you can get into the bootloader:
1) see if you can wipe data/do a factory reset in bootloader.
2) flash the stock Glacier PD15IMG.zip file choose from either
Android 2.2.1 OR Android 2.3.4
rename both files to PD15IMG.zip if not already.
-put both files in the ROOT of your SDcard, reboot into bootloader/hboot, and follow the onscreen instructions
note: if you are still unclear on what to do, read the "HOW TO RESTORE TO STOCK" section

Q: bootloader is giving me Fail-PU errors when trying to update
A: refer to the eMMC section
27th May 2013, 04:36 PM |#534  
Flag Monroe, LA
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question question about jedi x 13 rom verizon galaxy note 2
Hello I have a question about the Jedi x 13 rom for verizon galaxy note II. I HEARD you can get the gps working by doing a dirty flash (i know dirty flashes are not recommended) over 'beans' but I am not sure which beans they are talking about. I was wondering could someone pleasee point me in the right direction. Like which the beans they are using. Also with a dirty flash are they just doing a wipe cache, dalvik and NOT formating the system I read on the form some people format and some people don't. If someone has already brought this up I am sorry I did look in the jedi x 13 form and the jedi acaiemy but everyone said just use 'beans' but not the exact name of the rom.

Thank you for taking time out and reading this.
27th May 2013, 08:11 PM |#535  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke_the_Orc

I'm sorry but I'm not sure how much more I can help:o
This is a little over my head, I'm not at all familiar with the framework you're using and I'm not seeing anything that may fix your issues.
My deepest apologies:(

I may have found a possible problem. Correct if I'm wrong but there be a syntax problem with the code

from the frameworks NFC tech 'Basic Tag Technology smali'

Code:
.class public interface abstract Landroid/nfc/tech/TagTechnology;
.super Ljava/lang/Object;
.source "TagTechnology.java"

# interfaces
.implements Ljava/io/Closeable;

# static fields
.field public static final ISO_DEP:I = 0x3

.field public static final MIFARE_CLASSIC:I = 0x8

.field public static final MIFARE_ULTRALIGHT:I = 0x9

.field public static final NDEF:I = 0x6

.field public static final NDEF_FORMATABLE:I = 0x7

.field public static final NFC_A:I = 0x1

.field public static final NFC_B:I = 0x2

.field public static final NFC_F:I = 0x4

.field public static final NFC_V:I = 0x5
I ended up checking the NFC smali files that followed it and found that

NfcA.java has a
Code:
 .prologue   <line break> const/4 v1, 0x1
NfcB.java has a
Code:
 .prologue   <line break> const/4 v1, 0x2
IsoDep.java has a
Code:
 .prologue   <line break> const/4 v1, 0x3
NFC_F.java has a a
Code:
 .prologue   <line break> const/4 v1, 0x4
etc,etc

looking at the IsoPcdA.java it has a
Code:
 .prologue   <line break> const/4 v1, 0x1
by the looks of it, It seems to be conflicting with NfcA.java

Also looking at the smali code, there may other errors in the methods

as a comparison NfcA.java
Code:
.class public final Landroid/nfc/tech/NfcA;
.super Landroid/nfc/tech/BasicTagTechnology;
.source "NfcA.java"

# static fields
.field public static final EXTRA_ATQA:Ljava/lang/String; = "atqa"

.field public static final EXTRA_SAK:Ljava/lang/String; = "sak"

.field private static final TAG:Ljava/lang/String; = "NFC"

# instance fields
.field private mAtqa:[B

.field private mSak:S

# direct methods
.method public constructor <init>(Landroid/nfc/Tag;)V
    .registers 4
    .parameter "tag"
    .annotation system Ldalvik/annotation/Throws;
        value = {
            Landroid/os/RemoteException;
        }
    .end annotation

.prologue
    const/4 v1, 0x1

.line 68
    invoke-direct {p0, p1, v1}, Landroid/nfc/tech/BasicTagTechnology;-><init>(Landroid/nfc/Tag;I)V

.line 69
    invoke-virtual {p1, v1}, Landroid/nfc/Tag;->getTechExtras(I)Landroid/os/Bundle;

move-result-object v0

.line 70
    .local v0, extras:Landroid/os/Bundle;
    const-string/jumbo v1, "sak"

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Landroid/os/Bundle;->getShort(Ljava/lang/String;)S

move-result v1

iput-short v1, p0, Landroid/nfc/tech/NfcA;->mSak:S

.line 71
    const-string v1, "atqa"

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Landroid/os/Bundle;->getByteArray(Ljava/lang/String;)[B

move-result-object v1

iput-object v1, p0, Landroid/nfc/tech/NfcA;->mAtqa:[B

.line 72
    return-void
.end method

.method public static get(Landroid/nfc/Tag;)Landroid/nfc/tech/NfcA;
    .registers 4
    .parameter "tag"

.prologue
    const/4 v1, 0x0

.line 58
    const/4 v2, 0x1

invoke-virtual {p0, v2}, Landroid/nfc/Tag;->hasTech(I)Z

<LINES 75 TO 303 TRUNCATED>

.method public transceive([B)[B
    .registers 3
    .parameter "data"
        value = {
            Ljava/io/IOException;
        }
    .end annotation

.prologue
    .line 120
    const/4 v0, 0x1

invoke-virtual {p0, p1, v0}, Landroid/nfc/tech/NfcA;->transceive([BZ)[B

move-result-object v0

return-object v0
.end method
while IsoPcdA.java has the following

Code:
.class public final Landroid/nfc/tech/IsoPcdA;
.super Landroid/nfc/tech/BasicTagTechnology;
.source "IsoPcdA.java"

# direct methods
.method public constructor <init>(Landroid/nfc/Tag;)V
    .registers 4
    .param p1, "tag"    # Landroid/nfc/Tag;
        value = {
            Landroid/os/RemoteException;
        }
    .end annotation

.prologue
    const/16 v1, 0x64

.line 64
    invoke-direct {p0, p1, v1}, Landroid/nfc/tech/BasicTagTechnology;-><init>(Landroid/nfc/Tag;I)V

.line 65
    invoke-virtual {p1, v1}, Landroid/nfc/Tag;->getTechExtras(I)Landroid/os/Bundle;

move-result-object v0

.line 66
    .local v0, "extras":Landroid/os/Bundle;
    return-void
.end method

.method public static get(Landroid/nfc/Tag;)Landroid/nfc/tech/IsoPcdA;
    .registers 4
    .param p0, "tag"    # Landroid/nfc/Tag;

.prologue
    const/4 v1, 0x0

.line 53
    const/16 v2, 0x64

<LINES 41 TO 156  TRUNCATED>

.method public transceive([B)[B
    .registers 3
    .param p1, "data"    # [B
        value = {
            Ljava/io/IOException;
        }
    .end annotation

.prologue
    .line 91
    const/4 v0, 0x1

invoke-virtual {p0, p1, v0}, Landroid/nfc/tech/IsoPcdA;->transceive([BZ)[B

move-result-object v0

return-object v0
.end method
What I'm thinking is that the ".param " is obliviously a shorthand version of ".parameter" and that the way it was coded may not be proper as the original NfcA,java does not have a variable following the parameter. Another problem I'm seeing is "extras":Landroid/os/Bundle (if I recall correctly, values between double quotations are text string, ie C++ syntax; printf ("Characters: %c %c \n") ).

Is it possible that by changing the Basic Tag Technology smali list to include the IsoPcdA.java with a different hex value, change the hex value within the IsoPcdA.java file (to prevent a conflict with NfcA.java), change the ".param" to ".parameters", and remove the double quotations, I may be able to get the those extra NFC classes to work?
27th May 2013, 08:14 PM |#536  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajlund

Ok, this is making me feel stupid. Tried installing the different roms. Instead of booting to bootloader I get a screen with a dead Android and a red warning symbol. I can get the bootloader menu after that screen but my power button does not select any of the options, nor does anything else. I also tried using a bootloader unlock file (gbboot.zip) with the exact same problems.

I then tried using Clockwork recovery to load the roms, it also didn't work, clockwork booted me to the dead android figure and warning symbol.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Oh and reverting to stock did absolutely nothing for me.

Ok, tried again, no go. I just keep getting the dead android character and red triangle. And the boot loader menu won't let me select anything at all.

Memory card still shows on my device, but cannot send apps to SD with either appkik or AppMGR III. Checked settings and still have card mounted. This happened out of the blue with no changes in my settings or anything related. The only thing that did happen was that I was using bluestacks on my PC and transferred information from the phone to bluestacks.

Not sure if there is any connection. But it is the only thing different that I did.
27th May 2013, 08:23 PM |#537  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reesemitchell

Hello I have a question about the Jedi x 13 rom for verizon galaxy note II. I HEARD you can get the gps working by doing a dirty flash (i know dirty flashes are not recommended) over 'beans' but I am not sure which beans they are talking about. I was wondering could someone pleasee point me in the right direction. Like which the beans they are using. Also with a dirty flash are they just doing a wipe cache, dalvik and NOT formating the system I read on the form some people format and some people don't. If someone has already brought this up I am sorry I did look in the jedi x 13 form and the jedi acaiemy but everyone said just use 'beans' but not the exact name of the rom.

Thank you for taking time out and reading this.

From my experience, wiping the davlik cache and cache ends up forcing the device to re-optimize the classes file within the apk (applications) files. Typically this is recommended when you change ROMs becuase if you don't clear these files, the apks at runtime will reference these files and end up possibly running into errors (as an example switching from Cyanogen Rom to a Rooted Stock Rom, there may be classes that are included in cache and/or davlik cache that the Rooted Stock Rom may not be able to interpret correctly, possibly causing an app to hang as a 'ANR error')

Not sure about the beans aspect of it (thinking it might be 'JavaBean' but don't take my word)
Hope this helps out understanding thing and leads you on the right path
Joe
The Following User Says Thank You to cybhunter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cybhunter Ad-Free
27th May 2013, 08:31 PM |#538  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Maras Dantia
Thanks Meter: 9,187

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybhunter

Is it possible that by changing the Basic Tag Technology smali list to include the IsoPcdA.java with a different hex value, change the hex value within the IsoPcdA.java file (to prevent a conflict with NfcA.java), change the ".param" to ".parameters", and remove the double quotations, I may be able to get the those extra NFC classes to work?

Its possible that may work, but correct me if I'm wrong, one of those files is stock and the other was from CM(?) So its also entirely possible that .param is referring to something other than a shortened version of parameters

The Following User Says Thank You to Stryke_the_Orc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stryke_the_Orc Ad-Free
27th May 2013, 08:35 PM |#539  

More
Quote:

Originally Posted by tajlund View Post
Ok, this is making me feel stupid. Tried installing the different roms. Instead of booting to bootloader I get a screen with a dead Android and a red warning symbol. I can get the bootloader menu after that screen but my power button does not select any of the options, nor does anything else. I also tried using a bootloader unlock file (gbboot.zip) with the exact same problems.

I then tried using Clockwork recovery to load the roms, it also didn't work, clockwork booted me to the dead android figure and warning symbol.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Oh and reverting to stock did absolutely nothing for me..

What version of CWR are you running? The older versions tend to have a problem with external memory. If worse comes to worse, you may want to try Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP). The latest version (afaik) is 2.5.0.0. I use the 2.5.0.0 on my Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro (SGH-I547) and 2.3.2.3 on my Asus Transformer (TF-101). To date I have had no problems with either variant when installing or recovering images

Hope it helps out
Joe
27th May 2013, 08:41 PM |#540  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybhunter

What version of CWR are you running? The older versions tend to have a problem with external memory. If worse comes to worse, you may want to try Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP). The latest version (afaik) is 2.5.0.0. I use the 2.5.0.0 on my Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro (SGH-I547) and 2.3.2.3 on my Asus Transformer (TF-101). To date I have had no problems with either variant when installing or recovering images

Hope it helps out
Joe

Clockwork Rom Manager Premium 5.5.2.3.

This seems to be a problem with the phone itself though, just trying to boot into bootloader gives me the same dead android with red triangle and a menu that lets me go up and down, but the power button exits the menu instead of selecting.

This is really stressing me out. I'm on a severely limited budget and to lose half the functionality of my phone overnight is pretty devastating.
27th May 2013, 09:11 PM |#541  

More
Quote:

Ok, tried again, no go. I just keep getting the dead android character and red triangle. And the boot loader menu won't let me select anything at all.

Memory card still shows on my device, but cannot send apps to SD with either appkik or AppMGR III. Checked settings and still have card mounted. This happened out of the blue with no changes in my settings or anything related. The only thing that did happen was that I was using bluestacks on my PC and transferred information from the phone to bluestacks.

Not sure if there is any connection. But it is the only thing different that I did.

Quote:

Clockwork Rom Manager Premium 5.5.2.3.

This seems to be a problem with the phone itself though, just trying to boot into bootloader gives me the same dead android with red triangle and a menu that lets me go up and down, but the power button exits the menu instead of selecting.

This is really stressing me out. I'm on a severely limited budget and to lose half the functionality of my phone overnight is pretty devastating.

Apologies beforehand if you already mentioned this info, what phone do you have? In addition it sound like you don't have a recovery installed. If you did, the device would have either given you an option to load into the recovery or by default gone into it.

Ideally, if worse comes to worse, get a copy of the latest OS version for your phone that you know works, re-install, get into fastboot mode, unlock the boot loader (this erases everything), install CWR via adb, and then install the OS as a zip file in recovery
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)