[Q] Flashing rom for htc touch HD

Search This thread

blackspyker

Apr 29, 2011
hey guys..hope to be in a good health :)

this is my first theard ever here.. and honstly i found xda more useful,more likly to me rather than any websits else..so i'd like to thank guys here "u rocks guys ;)"

now i'd like to ask about flashing anew rom for my HTC touch HD t8282

running win-mo 6.1 with arabic supported language..touch flow 3d..etc

but now i'm bored with original rom and i was looking for some roms around here and i found what i excatly wanted

but..(i'm sorry for that question :$) i dun know how to flash a new rom to my blackstone..i used search fuction and dummies guide also but..rofl i didn't get what they were takin about

so i was asking if someone could provide me with smplified way to install a new rom using HSPL

Thanks in advance and sorry for z long topic :)

Chef_Tony

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 8, 2008
basically, flashing a winmo phone is an easy process:
1. bootloader mode (power on with VOL- button pressed)
2. flashing
3. hard reset

however, there are a few preparations if your device was never flashed before, you need to install hspl on your phone and make sure you have the correct driver installed on your pc. the driver for the device in bootloader mode might vary from the driver used to sync the device, when switched on.

1. the driver:
if you have windows xp, connect the phone in bootloader mode and look, whether it changes from serial to usb on the bootloader screen, you should be fine by then.
on windows vista/7 you connect the device in bootloader mode, and might actually take some time for it to download another driver from windows update. if it changes from serial to usb, first try to connect using mtty, before attempting to flash, because the connection might not yet be stable and you might want to have a look at the thread (ref updating the usb drivers).

2. hspl
to quote the dummies' guide thread:
(HSPL2a) Place your phone into its bootloader.
(HSPL2b) Run HSPLWrapper_Blackstone_156OliNex.exe from the download in step (HSPL1a) and follow it as normal.
(HSPL2c) If successful, go to step HSPL3. If the flashing process sits at 0% and you get Error [260] connection after some time, go to step (Troubleshooting).

pretty easy, in other words, just connect the device in bootloader mode and run the package on the pc, it will unlock the spl and flash hspl.

if all went well, you are ready to flash, download any rom you like from the rom development section, and flash it using the .exe file that comes with them, might be updater.exe, blackstone RUU.exe or something else. if your rom download only consists of an .nbh file, like ruu_signed.nbh or BLACIMG.nbh, download advanced RUU and use it to flash.

alternatively, if this is to complicated for you as a beginner, you can rename the rom file to BLACIMG.nbh (if it is not already named like that) and put it in the root of the sd card, by then entering bootloader mode, it should find the rom and give you detailed instructions on how to install it.

last step, hard reset, as described in the original manual, switch on, while pressing VOL- and VOL+ and follow the instructions onscreen.

blackspyker

Apr 29, 2011
2. flashing
3. hard reset

however, there are a few preparations if your device was never flashed before, you need to install hspl on your phone and make sure you have the correct driver installed on your pc. the driver for the device in bootloader mode might vary from the driver used to sync the device, when switched on.

1. the driver:
if you have windows xp, connect the phone in bootloader mode and look, whether it changes from serial to usb on the bootloader screen, you should be fine by then.
on windows vista/7 you connect the device in bootloader mode, and might actually take some time for it to download another driver from windows update. if it changes from serial to usb, first try to connect using mtty, before attempting to flash, because the connection might not yet be stable and you might want to have a look at the thread (ref updating the usb drivers).

2. hspl
(HSPL2b) Run HSPLWrapper_Blackstone_156OliNex.exe from the download in step (HSPL1a) and follow it as normal.
(HSPL2c) If successful, go to step HSPL3. If the flashing process sits at 0% and you get Error [260] connection after some time, go to step (Troubleshooting).

pretty easy, in other words, just connect the device in bootloader mode and run the package on the pc, it will unlock the spl and flash hspl.

if all went well, you are ready to flash, download any rom you like from the rom development section, and flash it using the .exe file that comes with them, might be updater.exe, blackstone RUU.exe or something else. if your rom download only consists of an .nbh file, like ruu_signed.nbh or BLACIMG.nbh, download advanced RUU and use it to flash.

alternatively, if this is to complicated for you as a beginner, you can rename the rom file to BLACIMG.nbh (if it is not already named like that) and put it in the root of the sd card, by then entering bootloader mode, it should find the rom and give you detailed instructions on how to install it.

last step, hard reset, as described in the original manual, switch on, while pressing VOL- and VOL+ and follow the instructions onscreen.

thnx 4 help really usefull and easy,i apperciate it :)
thnx again

raving_nanza

Jul 23, 2009
@ blackspyker

did you successfully flash the hspl and a new rom?

(just seeing if this thread is solved or not)

Rn

jeffagba

Jun 5, 2012
just like me dear, please help us. but mine is English version

just like me dear, please help us. but mine is English version

hey guys..hope to be in a good health :)

this is my first theard ever here.. and honstly i found xda more useful,more likly to me rather than any websits else..so i'd like to thank guys here "u rocks guys ;)"

now i'd like to ask about flashing anew rom for my HTC touch HD t8282

running win-mo 6.1 with arabic supported language..touch flow 3d..etc

but now i'm bored with original rom and i was looking for some roms around here and i found what i excatly wanted

but..(i'm sorry for that question :$) i dun know how to flash a new rom to my blackstone..i used search fuction and dummies guide also but..rofl i didn't get what they were takin about

so i was asking if someone could provide me with smplified way to install a new rom using HSPL

Thanks in advance and sorry for z long topic :)

raving_nanza

Jul 23, 2009
download this, extract all the files, take micro SD out of device, connect device to active sync and then run HardSPLWrapper_Blackstone.exe on your pc, it will now start to flash a new SPL, when complete confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen! {hold volume down and press the reset button under the back cover}) now verify the screen shows 1.56.OliNex, which is the new Hard-SPL version.

when complete you will be able to flash any rom to your touch hd/blackstone

note: if you do not flash a new rom you will have graphical issues with the current rom, however this gets fixed as soon as you flash a new rom

if you have any trouble, click me and go to the first post

good luck

Reactions: taha_dev

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2. flashing
    3. hard reset

1. the driver:

2. hspl

download this, extract all the files, take micro SD out of device, connect device to active sync and then run HardSPLWrapper_Blackstone.exe on your pc, it will now start to flash a new SPL, when complete confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen! {hold volume down and press the reset button under the back cover}) now verify the screen shows 1.56.OliNex, which is the new Hard-SPL version.

when complete you will be able to flash any rom to your touch hd/blackstone

note: if you do not flash a new rom you will have graphical issues with the current rom, however this gets fixed as soon as you flash a new rom

if you have any trouble, click me and go to the first post

good luck