[Q] Nexus Won't Charge - Already Replaced Flex

Search This thread

opiuman

Nov 30, 2012
A few days the phone stopped being able to charge while on/off from both wall/USB. Suspected it was due to the flex. Ordered one off of Ebay and when it came it looked identical to the one in the phone. Phone is about 14 months old so no more warranty (got it at IO 2012)

I did the standard instructions of removing the 6 screws with the battery and SIM card. Prying off the back cover, removing the screw for the bottom module along with the ribbon.

Disconnect the antenna, screen ribbon cable and the ribbon cable to the flex from mainboard. Replaced the flex underneath the vibration module and closed it all back up making sure to connect the 2 ribbon cables, the antenna and the cable from the bottom module to the flex but it still won't charge.

I can get it to be recognized in computer as a MTP/PTP device but it still won't charge from computer or wall while on or off. Is there anything else I can do or is this gone forever. Tried a factory reset as well but still won't charge, it was originally just running stock 4.3. Thanks. :(

EDIT: Battery under Settings says charging at the bottom but not at the top...

http://i.imgur.com/39XYzep.png

Last edited:

leyvatron

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles
A few days the phone stopped being able to charge while on/off from both wall/USB. Suspected it was due to the flex. Ordered one off of Ebay and when it came it looked identical to the one in the phone. Phone is about 14 months old so no more warranty (got it at IO 2012)

I did the standard instructions of removing the 6 screws with the battery and SIM card. Prying off the back cover, removing the screw for the bottom module along with the ribbon.

Disconnect the antenna, screen ribbon cable and the ribbon cable to the flex from mainboard. Replaced the flex underneath the vibration module and closed it all back up making sure to connect the 2 ribbon cables, the antenna and the cable from the bottom module to the flex but it still won't charge.

I can get it to be recognized in computer as a MTP/PTP device but it still won't charge from computer or wall while on or off. Is there anything else I can do or is this gone forever. Tried a factory reset as well but still won't charge, it was originally just running stock 4.3. Thanks. :(

EDIT: Battery under Settings says charging at the bottom but not at the top...

http://i.imgur.com/39XYzep.png

Get yourself a wall charger and 2 batteries. Rotate them.

For files you can use bluetooth, NFC, drop box, drive, copy , flicker, box, etc...

Edit: never mind. It connects just doesn't charge.

opiuman

Nov 30, 2012
Get yourself a wall charger and 2 batteries. Rotate them.

For files you can use bluetooth, NFC, drop box, drive, copy , flicker, box, etc...

Edit: never mind. It connects just doesn't charge.

Yea to clarify before I changed the flex, the phone couldnt connect be recognized by computer on USB. Now I have at least that but nothing else.

Tux_92

Jun 11, 2013
I have the same problem but my nexus is already in warranty, so I try to resolve this problem with samsung!

grim281

May 13, 2010
I have the exact same problem. Replaced flex cable, still no charge. My pc recognized it with the old and new charge port as well. I had to re-activate my OG Droid until either the new HTC and G5 phones come out...sigh

sxm2

Jun 13, 2010
long shot, but clean-up gold phone contact points for better conductivity?

Ahmetcenk07

Jan 10, 2011
Same Here

I think it happened after flashing 4.4.2 roms, i tried to flash different roms different cables, wall,pc,ps..nothing worked if it is on.When i turn off the gnex it is charging..Anyone?:rolleyes:

Ahmetcenk07

Jan 10, 2011
I think i have solved mine

Well it was getting really weird like discharging while it is connected(turned off). So i thought it is not related to rom. So i wiped dalvik cache and now it looks ok

machtwerk

Jun 1, 2010
Any news on this topic? I've got the same problem, swapped the USB flex cable and it still isn't charging. I can connect via ADB though and in the battery details menu it says "charging" at the bottom, although it obviously isn't.