[Script][Tool] how to create a tar.md5 file from img For Odin

Search This thread

andwan0

Aug 29, 2014
I did a quick search involving a few different keyword combinations for this and it looks like there's one way
You can look into installing the G925K TWRP and then install a G925F Firmware via TWRP.

That's an idea... Hmmm... :rolleyes:

Cool that sounds promising. What is TWRP and what does it do?
How to install firmware via TWRP?

No-Lags

Jun 5, 2014
for how want to use Odin to flash the ClockWorkMod Recovery img or any image files like "boot.img", this is a tool to create a tar.md5 file from the img file.
unzip the file tool, and put your img files into the same directory of the batch file.
if you have more than one file put each file in a separate folder.
launch the "ImgToTar.MD5.bat" to create files with the extension of tar.md5 for each img file.
Note: the script rename the each file starting by "recovery*.img" to "recovery.img" , and files named "boot*.img" or "kernel*.img" image to "boot.img". if your file has another name , don't forgot to rename a recovery image to recovery.img, and the boot image to boot.img.

hope that help some body how search a batch file to create tar.md5 file for using it in Odin.

******************** new version of the script:
in this new version you can combine multiple files ,img and bin files, all of them into one file tar.md5 bundle.
a "AllFiles" directory is created including this result pack file ready to use in new Odin version v3.10.7.

Going around looking for a solution to create a *.bin to *tar.md5 file, I found it in this thread. It's really helpful. Thanks very much Bro!! :good:

sk1887

Sep 14, 2008
Brescia
G900F

the tool of op only pack .bin and .img files. i edit a bit to can pack every file types in .tar file. enjoy:)

Very interesting usage of variables, both op's and yours.

I've been going the easier way to make a custom bat file following the original bat. We could either make a bat to have user input a file or directory that is needed to be tar-ed ...
Anyway for Samsung's bootable stuff this my tar.md5 script:

Code:
bin\tar --create --format=gnu -b20 --quoting-style=escape --owner=0 --group=0 --totals --mode=644  -f boot.tar aboot.mbn rpm.mbn sbl1.mbn sdi.mbn tz.mbn boot.img NON-HLOS.bin
bin\md5sum -t boot.tar >> boot.tar
bin\mv boot.tar boot.tar.md5
This was for G900F, any newer or older Samsung will be different

TheBestKmanEver

Oct 17, 2017
Somewhere
used this to have TWRP pre-installed when i flash stock firmware. had to add some extra code to the batch file for it to get all the files into it but it worked perfectly for my stock firmware with TWRP.

eizzjalil

Feb 25, 2018
for how want to use Odin to flash the ClockWorkMod Recovery img or any image files like "boot.img", this is a tool to create a tar.md5 file from the img file.
unzip the file tool, and put your img files into the same directory of the batch file.
launch the "ImgToTar.MD5.bat" to create files with the extension of tar.md5 for each img file.
Note: the script rename the each file starting by "recovery*.img" to "recovery.img" , and files named "boot*.img" or "kernel*.img" image to "boot.img". if your file has another name , don't forgot to rename a recovery image to recovery.img, and the boot image to boot.img.

hope that help some body how search a batch file to create tar.md5 file for using it in Odin.

in this new version you can combine multiple files ,img and bin files, all of them into one file tar.md5 bundle.
a "AllFiles" directory is created including this result pack file ready to use in new Odin version v3.10.7.

thank you so much for this script,sir. without this, i dunno when i can twrp my trend plus. thank you sooooo muchhh:good::good::good::good::good:

ets2_volvo

May 2, 2016
how to make tar on img.ext4 files ? on snapdragon devices odin cant accept .img files. when i trying img.ext4 files this tool cannot make anything.

Clipless

Jul 26, 2018
Houston, TX
www.facebook.com
how to make tar on img.ext4 files ? on snapdragon devices odin cant accept .img files. when i trying img.ext4 files this tool cannot make anything.

I am currently blanking on what ext4 files are but you have probably downloaded the wrong file to flash. This script is for .img files, not .img.ext4 files. Look around on the net for the .img file to convert. If you are trying to F2FS your phone I suggest you put that idea on hold until you get better at ROM phone tech.

ittiandro

Nov 27, 2013
Unclear how to convert from .zip to TAR.MD5 with Odin

I have downloaded the TarTool for Odin but I don’t quite see how to convert to TAR-MD5 the zip file of the ROM I want to flash in my Samsung Tablet
Once I unzipped the Odin Tar Tool, I get a folder containing the following files/Folders:
Bin Folder
Other Files: Batch, imgToTarMD5,Odin,Yes_file, Log
The Bin folder contains the following files:
Cygattr-1.dll
Cygiconv.dll
Cyginti-8.dll
Cygwin1.dll
MD5 Sum( opens command screen)
MV ( Cmd screen opens, disappears)
Tar ( ditto)
Odin3 .exe ( already previously installed)
Odin3 ( configuration settings)
TMAX.dll
ZLIB.dll
I can;t see any IMG file there

Again, I don’t know how to convert the ROM .ZIP file to Tar.MD5 based on the above files/ folders.What do I have to rename? Can somebody help?
I hope somebody replies because I already posted on a another issue a few days ago and I have no reply as yet.

Thanks
Ittiandro

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
I have downloaded the TarTool for Odin but I don’t quite see how to convert to TAR-MD5 the zip file of the ROM I want to flash in my Samsung Tablet
Once I unzipped the Odin Tar Tool, I get a folder containing the following files/Folders:
Bin Folder
Other Files: Batch, imgToTarMD5,Odin,Yes_file, Log
The Bin folder contains the following files:
Cygattr-1.dll
Cygiconv.dll
Cyginti-8.dll
Cygwin1.dll
MD5 Sum( opens command screen)
MV ( Cmd screen opens, disappears)
Tar ( ditto)
Odin3 .exe ( already previously installed)
Odin3 ( configuration settings)
TMAX.dll
ZLIB.dll
I can;t see any IMG file there

Again, I don’t know how to convert the ROM .ZIP file to Tar.MD5 based on the above files/ folders.What do I have to rename? Can somebody help?
I hope somebody replies because I already posted on a another issue a few days ago and I have no reply as yet.

Thanks
Ittiandro

This tool is to get your stock boot.img file and then convert to Tar.MD5 so you can install it using Odin, so download your stock firmware then unzip it using 7zip software after that copy your boot.img file into tar-Tool_Odin3-v3.10.7_by_mkh.mourad\tar-Tool run the batch file ImgToTar.MD5.bat which will create that boot.img into boot.imgTar.MD5 so you can odin it using CP tab, is that what you are trying to achieve?

if you post questions without proper info nobody wont be able to help you out, explain your situation, tablet model #, which ROM, etc.

Reactions: mkh.mourad

n_boy86

Jul 9, 2009
promising if only a guide how to start :) cant understand a juta of this program :( i have a tar file img, i double click on the tool nothing :(

Last edited:

LGMONO

Jun 6, 2014
New York
omg thank you so much for these files I was able to re create my own tar script using the provided files thank you thank you

asheroto

Apr 26, 2019
Hi there,

I'm using your script, version 3.10.7 but get an error when trying to flash via ODIN...

md5-error.jpg

Using ODIN 3.13.1.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

dewyner

Jul 15, 2019
launch the "ImgToTar.MD5.bat....doesn't launch right click flashes dissapears

launch the "ImgToTar.MD5.bat....doesn't launch right click open or right click run as administrator screen flashes than disappears?????

how to make multiple *img+*img+*img into one *tar.md5 file
Though, not impossible but, can (potentially) do more harm than good.

Each separate tar file needs to be able to run through its process from start to end without interruption. Combining them may end up interrupting the process for the next one before said process has been completed. If the img files are separate in itself, then there's a reason for this.

The best way to deal with separate img files are to flash them separately and, technically, wouldn't take much longer than a combined one would take.

As I had stated in the first part (that this isn't impossible), I just wanted to let you know that I don't do this myself because of these reasons.

I hope that I had explained this okay via text... :eek:

Good Luck! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The XDA Labs Forum App on my Sanyo Juno device.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes odin accept tar file. The md5 sum is a check for the integrity of data on the file. It's more safe to use a tar.md5 instead of tar file.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9505 en utilisant Tapatalk 4
    the tool of op only pack .bin and .img files. i edit a bit to can pack every file types in .tar file. enjoy:)
    Hi mate,

Thx for the script.
    I use it to make tar with 2 modems inside (modem+NON-HLOS).
    If anyone need it here is the bat.

you need to put it in tar-Tool_Odin3-v3.07_by_mkh.mourad folder along with modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin
    The script will create CP_modem.tar.md5 file and you can flash it with odin.
    Warning: Do not include any other bin in the folder except modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin
    I'm not responsible if you kill your phone!
    Solved!

I find out that Odin is perfectly able to flash a TAR file, even without md5 hash check.
    So I've used the Official TAR for Windows and that's it. By the way, 7z tar are not compatible.